Sign in to follow this  
Alabatross

Will recent high sales affect the future of BI games (ArmA4)?

Will any of the money be used on Arma 4? Specifically the engine? It'd be too much to ask for you to fix Arma 3 now so I might as well get my hopes up for 4. :yay:

Actually more curious how much was made due to Arma2 being the #1 on Steam due to Dayz mod more than anything. I've literally never seen a game hold that position that long -not COD, not Oblivion, nothing... Glad they had that kind of success and can now dream up there Arma 4 plans from their new mega yacht space station.

That too, they're getting alot of success. Time to clean up Bohemia, you're in the big leagues now :) Can't compete with an engine that runs like a potato!

Actually more curious how much was made due to Arma2 being the #1 on Steam due to Dayz mod more than anything. I've literally never seen a game hold that position that long -not COD, not Oblivion, nothing... Glad they had that kind of success and can now dream up there Arma 4 plans from their new mega yacht space station.

I would like to know as well, but highly doubt we'll ever find out. If I remember correctly, ArmA 2 held the #1 spot for almost two months?

That too, they're getting alot of success. Time to clean up Bohemia, you're in the big leagues now :) Can't compete with an engine that runs like a potato!

They seem to be doing just fine with the Real Virtuality engine. Writing a new engine or using another one would probably be too costly.

engines not that bad.

Don't know another one that does what Arma/DayZ requires of it.

Yes there could be changes. CQB, Proper Meale. Underground (Which I think they were experimenting with. Just could get the AI to use it)

What i hope is..make the ARMA 3 the game all of us have dreamed all those years-implementing things not doable until now..

Things i DONT wish to see (until 2015) is..other titles from BI popping around spending the human resources..

Will any of the money be used on Arma 4? Specifically the engine? It'd be too much to ask for you to fix Arma 3 now so I might as well get my hopes up for 4. :yay:

If you want to wait 3-5 years for Arma 4... BI doesn't release Arma games annually or every two years.

arma 3 is not even out for half a year, and you already dreaming of arma 4? Well, your thing, but BI said they gona work on arma 3 at least for 2 years.

Use it to hire some more people for Arma 3. Engine needs work. A lot of work. Hire some people specifically for that task, cleaning up the simulation aspect of Arma 3.

how come the dayz character models and textures are so much better than arma 3?

Which ones?

all of them. here's some screenshots. i think maybe it's because they use occlusion maps because it's the arma 2 engine. in arma 3, characters don't have occlusion maps i think?

also, dayz sa seem to have better micro details

http://simhq.com/forum/files/usergals/2013/12/full-2863-71231-2013_12_29_00005.jpg

http://www.dayztv.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/dayz-standalone-september-01.jpg

http://www.dayztv.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/dayz-standalone-september-09.jpg

it's more obvious if you look at the sleeves and pant legs. in arma 3, it is mostly undetailed and smooth.

all of them. here's some screenshots. i think maybe it's because they use occlusion maps because it's the arma 2 engine. in arma 3, characters don't have occlusion maps i think?

also, dayz sa seem to have better micro details

http://simhq.com/forum/files/usergals/2013/12/full-2863-71231-2013_12_29_00005.jpg

http://www.dayztv.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/dayz-standalone-september-01.jpg

http://www.dayztv.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/dayz-standalone-september-09.jpg

it's more obvious if you look at the sleeves and pant legs. in arma 3, it is mostly undetailed and smooth.

That's because Dayz hired external artists - they making all clothes , items and weapons /some of them i know/

for a example > http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1952384&highlight=Dayz#post1952384

it will be years before they even start thinking arma 4... arma 3 will be the highlight for years due to modding capabilities

Holy Crap on a Cracker we need those clothes brought into A3. :butbut:

yeah many of those would make great civilian outfits. though they'd look really out of place unfortunately, being super high quality.

also, found this shot of the female base model on facepunch. looks like custom bones. shorter than male model from what i see.

http://ss.ssmaker.ru/f39badd5.png

yeah many of those would make great civilian outfits. though they'd look really out of place unfortunately, being super high quality.

ha ha..I agree (unfortunately)

Yes..the *new Chernarus being seriously revamped but 's still lower quality compared to *new objects and units..

Ah, you meant people textures, yeah, I do admit they look pretty nice. Environment, not so much :(.

character textures looks indeed better for dayz sa..

all the love as gone into dayz sa, maybe no wounder. A3 has been a big problem child from day1 it seems like :p

Altis is still a better terrain.

Still, some of the DayZ technology would be nice in A3, given Rocket has pulled some money through their doors.

Will any of the money be used on Arma 4? Specifically the engine? :
I doubt that. Right now Bohemia have unoriginal product that is extremely succesfull amongst 14-year-old undemanding customers (even though it's quite bugged and lacks crucial content) and a niche game that is not very popular but requires much more work to satisfy players. I guess it's quite clear which product will receive more funding. And since BI is not a charitable organization, chances are that DayZ might become a flagman product just because it earns more money with less expenses. Edited by Semiconductor

Gnat;2598624']Altis is still a better terrain.

Still' date=' some of the DayZ technology would be nice in A3, given Rocket has pulled some money through their doors.[/quote']

I much prefer Chernarus to Altis TBH. I find Altis, while graphically superior in some ways, to be much more bland and lifeless feeling. I guess the useability of Altis feels very limited to me. I also find Sahrani to be the best island BI has ever created IMHO, but it's all really personal opinion at best anyways.

engines not that bad.

You serious? I have a GTX 780 and I'm only running at 6 frames faster than my 560 ti in single player. Still barely getting over 30 even if I turn settings down.

And don't make me mention that horrid multiplayer server fps cap of 22 which makes it unplayable.

arma 3 is not even out for half a year, and you already dreaming of arma 4?

They had their entire alpha to final play cycle to fix the performance when everyone was complaining, and barely anything happened.