Feint

RQ-11B RAVEN for Arma 3 - RELEASED!

Ah, many thanks. However, it would be handy to be able to use the Raven from the vanilla terminal as well as placing a GCS in the event that the players need to use the drone quickly (and I am aware of the PiP feature of the Raven, but the small screen doesn't allow for detailed intelligence gathering) rather than having to take the time to place it down, move to it, use the action, then pick it back up again.

the ability to use the drone through the normal uav terminal were, if I remember correctly, difficult because of the way the drone works. I would be happy if it would be possible to use the GCS inside of a vehicle. And big thanks for the server key!

forget this post six updater tricked me

Edited by armatech

Just wanted to say thank you for this wonderful addon)

Just wanted to say thank you for this wonderful addon)

Well, thank you for the thank you! :) I appreciate it!

In regards to questions about implementing this with the existing vanilla UAV controller, no, sorry, that's not possible. Regarding adding the actions to the player instead of to a GCS, let me just exhale loudly and remind everyone of the Arma2 version... where everyone wanted the actions moved to the GCS. LOL, I guess you can only satisfy some of the people some of the time.

Feint,

would it be possible to have the Riouken's Commander's Tablet recognized as a valid GCS?

We are still having load of fun with your Raven, it's now part of our gaming habits as more and more members figured out how to use it (I might even translate the interface and your manual if you don't mind).

Last time we were doing a foot navigation training and we had 6 teams each with a Raven above to monitor and guide them through noticeable land features on LR radio. We were two staffs managing the 6 Raven, quite a juggling but we wrote down which ID were above which team so it was quite fun, much more demanding, and thus rewarding, than a satellite feed.

Thanks a lot for your work!

I've always been a fan big guy, you continue to out do yourself. The console on the side of unit, sweet touch. I use your ravens almost every mission, is it me or are there no "command key list" in camera view (ex: radius, height, vision mode, and exit) I was pressing every key trying to figure it out. Haha thanks for your great work once again feint!!

Hi there I was wondering if there is anyway to add the RQ-11B into a mission (say for example DUWS) so that people could use the addon there without every person who joins the server needing to have it downloaded and installed themselves?

Thanks

I think the tactical laser is broken i can see if but other people say they cant

http://i.imgur.com/GKgUVbP.jpg (603 kB)

has a little red dot thing on it aswell

idk if its a new arma update thing or maybe MCC is causing it?

Edited by Rages123

Feint,

would it be possible to have the Riouken's Commander's Tablet recognized as a valid GCS?

We are still having load of fun with your Raven, it's now part of our gaming habits as more and more members figured out how to use it (I might even translate the interface and your manual if you don't mind).

Last time we were doing a foot navigation training and we had 6 teams each with a Raven above to monitor and guide them through noticeable land features on LR radio. We were two staffs managing the 6 Raven, quite a juggling but we wrote down which ID were above which team so it was quite fun, much more demanding, and thus rewarding, than a satellite feed.

Thanks a lot for your work!

That sounds pretty awesome! I'm glad it worked with that many up in the sky!

Unfortunately, because of the way the Raven works, I don't think it can be added to the Commander's Tablet at this time.

I've always been a fan big guy, you continue to out do yourself. The console on the side of unit, sweet touch. I use your ravens almost every mission, is it me or are there no "command key list" in camera view (ex: radius, height, vision mode, and exit) I was pressing every key trying to figure it out. Haha thanks for your great work once again feint!!

If you go to this page of the instructions, it explains how to bring up the default key commands in the camera view (default key is J):

http://feintgames.com/rq-11b-raven-welcome/raven-default-controls/

Hi there I was wondering if there is anyway to add the RQ-11B into a mission (say for example DUWS) so that people could use the addon there without every person who joins the server needing to have it downloaded and installed themselves?

Thanks

Negative. Sorry.

I think the tactical laser is broken i can see if but other people say they cant

http://i.imgur.com/GKgUVbP.jpg (603 kB)

has a little red dot thing on it aswell

idk if its a new arma update thing or maybe MCC is causing it?

This is a known issue as listed here in the instructions:

http://feintgames.com/rq-11b-raven-welcome/raven-addon-info/

In a nutshell, the laser is a drawLine3D line that can only be seen locally as far as I can tell. Unless the Biki is updated with new info about how to make it visible to other players, I'm not sure how to fix this issue. Sorry.

The red dot is a helper to help you see where you are aiming the laser and camera. :)

Edited by Feint

Hey man..question can u mybe convert that IR laser for rifles to tactical laser so you can put it on rifle? Red or Green???

Hey man..question can u mybe convert that IR laser for rifles to tactical laser so you can put it on rifle? Red or Green???

No, I don't have any time to do that. But you could submit your request in the addon request thread and maybe someone else could. :)

Hey there Feint,

I just tested your work for one hour. I looked for bugs - found none, and I think it's one of the best mods A3 has seen this year so far.

But one question remain: is it possible to activate the RQ-11 Menu (Camera Feed, Targets etc) within a vehicle if the GCS is attached to the player?

If not, if you don't have the time or if you arent interested, has my buddy the permission to check the source files and try for himself?

Greetings

Odium

Edited by Odium

Hi Feint .. I would like to pay your attention to the geraldbolso1899 Targeting Pod for Air Vehicles script (Darter WITCH "attachto"). Do you plan to add in the future for RQ-11B the same opportunity?

Read your post on geraldbolso1899 thread. Found the answer to my question

Edited by Sammael

Hey Feint,

First of all, kudos on a superb mod!

I have played around a bit with the source code, and made the following changes and fixes:

• Mini-camera mode is automatically turned back on after using camera feed, if it was on before entering the feed.
  • Mini-camera remembers its mode after having been turned off.
  • Changing mini-camera mode does no longer close the action menu, to make it faster to change from DTV to FLIR.
  • The propeller is now attached after the center wing piece when assembling, to avoid having it float in mid-air for a second.
  • You can do basic operations (i.e. enter camera feed) while carrying the GCS, without dropping it. This enables you to use the drone from within vehicles. All other operations require dropping the GCS.
  • Battery time doubled, to 120 minutes. (And the camera feed display properly shows 120 minutes.)
  • Throwing force when dropping GCS is reduced by 33 % (from 3 to 2).

Would you be interested in merging some or all of these changes (presumably not the battery life extension) into the public version of the mod?

Cheers,

Lstor

• You can do basic operations (i.e. enter camera feed) while carrying the GCS, without dropping it. This enables you to use the drone from within vehicles. All other operations require dropping the GCS.

+1 on that

+1 on that

This. Please make it happen.

Hey Feint,

First of all, kudos on a superb mod!

I have played around a bit with the source code, and made the following changes and fixes:

• Mini-camera mode is automatically turned back on after using camera feed, if it was on before entering the feed.
  • Mini-camera remembers its mode after having been turned off.
  • Changing mini-camera mode does no longer close the action menu, to make it faster to change from DTV to FLIR.
  • The propeller is now attached after the center wing piece when assembling, to avoid having it float in mid-air for a second.
  • Battery time doubled, to 120 minutes. (And the camera feed display properly shows 120 minutes.)
  • Throwing force when dropping GCS is reduced by 33 % (from 3 to 2).

Would you be interested in merging some or all of these changes (presumably not the battery life extension) into the public version of the mod?

Cheers,

Lstor

Negative. Suggestions are welcome. Modifying the files without permission is not. Please read the terms and conditions of use of this addon. This is clearly spelled out.

http://feintgames.com/rq-11b-raven-welcome/raven-credits-and-legal/

I have the right to modify them for my own personal use, which is the only thing I have done. I know your terms and conditions and respect them, which is why I have not published or shared my modifications, despite multiple requests to do so.

In the event that you wanted to accept the contributions, I would have sent you a patch with the modified source code so you could incorporate them into your public release and so that you could control the source code and changes as you would like. It would be just like suggesting a modification, only you wouldn't have to do the work yourself other than reviewing the code changes.

It's regrettable that you don't want to accept the contributed improvements so that the rest of the community could benefit from them.

I have the right to modify them for my own personal use, which is the only thing I have done. I know your terms and conditions and respect them, which is why I have not published or shared my modifications, despite multiple requests to do so.

In the event that you wanted to accept the contributions, I would have sent you a patch with the modified source code so you could incorporate them into your public release and so that you could control the source code and changes as you would like. It would be just like suggesting a modification, only you wouldn't have to do the work yourself other than reviewing the code changes.

It's regrettable that you don't want to accept the contributed improvements so that the rest of the community could benefit from them.

It is a violation of my terms and conditions and a violation of the forum rules here. You don't have a right to modify my files without written permission.

There are many reasons why addon makers set these rules, some of which may not be clear to you. In my case, you are working off of an old version of the files. The most recent versions are in my possession. To incorporate someone else's work is rife with problems. I've written this code from scratch and some if your code may break some things or violate my philosophy of gameplay (like allowing people to control the Raven from a vehicle or put gear in the backpack with the Raven).

If you don't agree with my terms and conditions or the forum rules here, I suggest you speak to me offline via PM or contact me through my website AND contact the forum moderators concerning their policies.

Forum rules:

§20) Posting addon/mod other content without permission

For many years this community has been known as the premium addon/mod creating community, people work tirelessly and in great detail to create fantastic addons/mods/missions/campaigns to release for free so that everyone benefits, including Bohemia Interactive. There are a few simple rules in place to provide the respect to these creative people/groups that they deserve:

The first and most fundamental rule is that you must seek permission to alter someone's work, to mirror it or use it in any way other than for personal use. No permission, no editing, no mirroring, no adding to your mod pack, no editing and sharing around your private squad, none of that is acceptable.

Obviously we cannot unfortunately control what people do outside of these forums, however on these forums you must follow this rule, if a person/team post a thread to share an addon/mod using content from someone else without permission and we receive a complaint then the mod thread will be closed until the issue is resolved and the forum member(s) risks being permanently banned from these forums for taking someone's work without permission.

This isn't just limited to re-using content in addons/mods/missions however, it's not acceptable to edit someone's work without permission and then to post screenshots of it on the forums (even if the edited addon/mod is purely for personal use), it's also not acceptable to edit someone's work, or use someone's work in any way that you don't have permission for and then to create videos which you post on these forums, doing any of the above without the permission of the original creators risks a permanent ban, for individuals, for whole mod teams or squads.

---------- Post added at 09:26 ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 ----------

By the way, personal use is no longer personal when you publicly post information about it. You didn't post a screenshot or video about it, but you did list detailed information about the changes you made.

I hope you understand and now will follow my terms and conditions.

It is a violation of my terms and conditions and a violation of the forum rules here. You don't have a right to modify my files without written permission.

What you don't understand is that I live in Norway, and your American laws don't apply to me. I have an un-waiverable right by law to modify any computer program I am legally allowed to use. That means that even though I agree to your terms and conditions by using your mod, I am not giving up my rights to modify it.

The forum rules also only concern using the addon beyond private use, which I have not done nor do I intend to do. I have also not published any screenshots or videos. Suggesting that I "list detailed information about the changes made" by writing the changelog and that that goes beyond "personal use" is just stupid - I would write the same information if I wrote a post to request the changes.

To incorporate someone else's work is rife with problems. I've written this code from scratch and some if your code may break some things or violate my philosophy of gameplay (like allowing people to control the Raven from a vehicle or put gear in the backpack with the Raven).

I work and have worked professionally as a software developer for years, and I write open-source software on my free time. I incorporate someone else's work several times every day, and if you know what you do, it's not hard. I would have sent you patches for each change that could easily be cherry-picked and merged into your code, leaving you free to let out any changes/patches that you feel would violate your philosophy of gameplay.

Anyway, this is getting way off topic. If you would like to discuss Norwegian law or get an introduction to cooperative programming, send me a pm. If you really believe that posting the changelog is against the forum rules, then go ahead and contact a moderator. In any case, I will not contribute further to this thread, and I apologize for wanting to help with your work.

Edited by Lstor
typo

This kind of bullshit is why we lose talented coders from the community. Lstor, if you're such a talented programmer, then just make your own...it's not that hard, right?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Complicated case. First, Lstor didn't broke the forum rules although it is a close call. The rules clearly states "other than personal use" which he clearly followed. He didn't published it nor did he post any pictures or videos. One might argue if the list of changes he posted falls under this rule but i see it rather as a offer to help.

On the other side, the provided license clearly prohibits any altering of the addon. Arguing with different laws in different countries might be correct in terms of law. But for common sense and respect for the addon creator it doesn't apply. Sometimes i tend to think that people hide behind these laws when they know that morally they're wrong.

Anyway, we will not give a infraction to Lstor as he (just) didn't voilated the forum rules. But be reminded this is really a close call.

What i really hope to see is that you both can settle this and maybe even work together. After all, double the knowledge in a addon can only improve it. I hope you guys can find a way.

So, officially this case is closed, please no more discussion about it in this thread (unless for announcing your cooperation, ofc). If points remain unclear please use PM's.

Edited by [FRL]Myke