RQ-11B RAVEN for Arma 3 - RELEASED!

RQ-11_LOGO_FORUM_RELEASE.png

RQ-11B Raven Addon for Arma 3

Version 2.1

By Feint

Official up to date Readme pages and detailed instructions can be found here:

http://feintgames.com/rq-11b-raven-welcome/

ADDON INFO:

The RQ-11A Raven was released in May of 2012 for Arma2 and was subsequently updated 3 more times. This new version, the RQ-11B Raven is being released for Arma3 as an evolution of that original addon. The scripts have all been overhauled, new models have been created with new textures and dozens of new features have been added.

ADDON FEATURES:

• New 3d models (compared to Arma2)
  • New and improved textures
  • New in-camera sounds
  • New 3D controllable camera
  • New Ground Control Station interface
  • New Tactical Laser for target marking for ground troops
  • New Laser Designator for bomb guidance

INSTALLATION:

1. Install the “@RQ-11_RAVEN_AB_A3†to your Arma3 root directory
    (usually located here: c:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 3)
  2. Add the “userconfig†folder and its contents to your Arma3 root directory.
  3. OPTIONAL: Customize the “raven_keys.hpp†file using any text editor to the keystrokes you prefer and save.

DEPENDENCIES:

CBA Community Based Addons

USAGE:

The RQ-11B Raven Backpack can be found in the Backpacks section of the editor. Place in the editor and preview your mission.

To add backpack to your unit, in the init line, type: this addBackpack B_MAV_B_BACKPACK;

All of the parts of the Raven can be found in the editor under the section titled: [RQ-11] Raven Parts

KNOWN ISSUES:

• The tactical laser can malfunction when operating more than one Raven at a time.
  • Engine sounds aren’t the smoothest
  • Assembly process doesn’t appear correctly. This is an Arma 3 bug. Usually this only happens once per mission.
  • There may be some unintentional multiplayer issues
  • Sometimes the Raven lands on the ground and takes off after a few seconds when operating at minimum altitudes – WORKAROUND: raise altitude
  • Sometimes the Raven stops in mid-air and just hangs there for a few seconds
  • Tactical laser is difficult to see at night without NV goggles and even then it’s pretty hard to see from a distance (this is a limitation of DrawLine3D)
  • When launching from 3rd person, sometimes your unit will step over before launching
  • addAction to build the Raven not showing up on backpack when backpack unloaded from vehicle - FIXED IN VERSION 2.1

CHANGELOG:

• VERSION 2.1:
    • FIXED: addAction not appearing on backpack after unloading it from a vehicle
    • FIXED: Missing semicolons in config around descriptions of the functions
    • FIXED: Missing required addon listing in config

[*]VERSION 2.0:

• INITIAL RELEASE

SCREENSHOTS:

A3_RELEASE-01_LR.jpg A3_RELEASE-02_LR.jpg

A3_RELEASE-03_LR.jpg A3_RELEASE-04_LR.jpg

A3_BACKPACK_01_LR.jpg

DOWNLOAD:

version 2.0: https://www.dropbox.com/s/89ljpglfhtmz7lb/RQ-11_RAVEN_ARMA3_VERSION_2.0.7z

version 2.1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/auxyx45dgegfg8k/RQ-11_RAVEN_ARMA3_VERSION_2.1.7z

MIRROR:

news_download_a3_3.png

RQ-11B Raven v2.1

required_addons.png

Community Base addons A3

Edited by Feint
ADDED NEW LINK FOR INSTRUCTIONS
  • Like 3

nice!! one question. would it be possible to throw it out from a vehicle like a MRAP or Humvee with an exposed gun.

Edited by Rages123

YES!!! I've been waiting for this since the first WIP post. Great job as always!!!

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Congrats on release, very nice addition to the game, it was missed :)

nice!! one question. would it be possible to throw it out from a vehicle like a MRAP or Humvee with an exposed gun.

Have you ever been in a MRAO or a Hummer? I mean, sure those vehicles look big, but frankly they aint :) I dont see how it would be possible to assemble and launch the Raven from a vehicle ;)

This is something I explored in Arma2 but I had problems. I know the SEALs launched it from the SWCC boats in Act of Valor and it would be cool to see it in-game but it would take more effort than it's worth to me. I'll add it back onto the list of possible upgrades. Thanks for the suggestion.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks Foxhound. You're a king among men!

And thanks everyone else for your ongoing support! This community is made up of some really great people and I feel lucky to have them guarding my back and encouraging me.

Thanks for the release Feint (it was a great addon in A2).

Can you please be more precise about this known issue?

"There may be some unintentional multiplayer issues"

Thank you.

Hey,

after changing the Keys in raven_keys.hpp, Arma crashes when I try to open the Cam Menu. BTD and the Message that raven_keys.hpp wasn't found :(

Thanks for the release Feint (it was a great addon in A2).

Can you please be more precise about this known issue?

"There may be some unintentional multiplayer issues"

Thank you.

I found a weird bug one time where when I picked up the Raven, it attached to my body but didn't apply the rotation or setVectorDirandUp values.

---------- Post added at 10:59 ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 ----------

Hey,

after changing the Keys in raven_keys.hpp, Arma crashes when I try to open the Cam Menu. BTD and the Message that raven_keys.hpp wasn't found :(

Sounds like when you saved the file, the name changed. Make sure the extension didn't change to .txt or something.

Nope.

still .hpp

Did you place the userconfig folder in your root directory?

I found a weird bug one time where when I picked up the Raven, it attached to my body but didn't apply the rotation or setVectorDirandUp values.

Thanks for the clarification.