Sign in to follow this  
LykosMactire

N-B U.S.M.C Project

what all will be in the public alpha. Curious minds would like to know

Everything within the closed, and quite possibly a M27 IAR and a few extras if I get the tracked and wheeled vehicles to work.

Heey guys!

Nice you're making such a big USMC addition into the game. I've run through fast on these 8 pages, and please allow me to play a bit smartass around about USMC equipment :)

-M1A2 is currently not available in USMC inventory, they use the A1 variant with equipment unique to the Marine Corps, some are equipped with elements of the TUSK kit.

ACE2's M1A1 models are as realistic for each branch as it can get to this date (might consider Mateck's M1 Abrams pack for reference or even model usage?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3141 ;

-Sniper/DMR weapons: in bolt action M40 variants available; there are a lot of semi-auto models in use; nowadays Mk12 Mod1, M110 SASS are used most; some years ago Mk11, M39 EMR were used widely, they are still in use, but being phased out by the M110; SAM-R is a unique weapon system, very few were built (maybe around 100 pieces), was used only by the II MEF, and aren't in use anymore since 2007-2008 (being replaced by the Mk12); (M14) DMR was used before 2009, being replaced wit heither Mk11 or M39 EMR;

-Nomex suits: were used heavily by Force Recon/Battalion Recon units before 2007, some infantry units also used them until the wider introduction of FROG;

Heey guys!

Nice you're making such a big USMC addition into the game. I've run through fast on these 8 pages, and please allow me to play a bit smartass around about USMC equipment :)

-M1A2 is currently not available in USMC inventory, they use the A1 variant with equipment unique to the Marine Corps, some are equipped with elements of the TUSK kit.

ACE2's M1A1 models are as realistic for each branch as it can get to this date (might consider Mateck's M1 Abrams pack for reference or even model usage?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3141 ;

-Sniper/DMR weapons: in bolt action M40 variants available; there are a lot of semi-auto models in use; nowadays Mk12 Mod1, M110 SASS are used most; some years ago Mk11, M39 EMR were used widely, they are still in use, but being phased out by the M110; SAM-R is a unique weapon system, very few were built (maybe around 100 pieces), was used only by the II MEF, and aren't in use anymore since 2007-2008 (being replaced by the Mk12); (M14) DMR was used before 2009, being replaced wit heither Mk11 or M39 EMR;

-Nomex suits: were used heavily by Force Recon/Battalion Recon units before 2007, some infantry units also used them until the wider introduction of FROG;

i get your advice and i understand but what we are going for with NB is a mixture of A2 and Modern setup, and the NOMEX idea may have to be scrapped for FR because of issues getting hold of a proper template

i get your advice and i understand but what we are going for with NB is a mixture of A2 and Modern setup, and the NOMEX idea may have to be scrapped for FR because of issues getting hold of a proper template

Got it, I was to tell that nomex suit (also SAM-R or M39) is not that important IMHO, but I couldn't finish my thoughts because had to run to the local DM with spouse :D

I don't want to tell you how to make your mod, just hoped I can help clear some minor details to attention.

Can't wait to see the first public alpha.

Cheers

Got it, I was to tell that nomex suit (also SAM-R or M39) is not that important IMHO, but I couldn't finish my thoughts because had to run to the local DM with spouse :D

I don't want to tell you how to make your mod, just hoped I can help clear some minor details to attention.

Can't wait to see the first public alpha.

Cheers

i understand i just redid the woodland uniform altogether so its going to look better

Update, the new woodland looks way better but i need to send in a more saturated version so that they do not look so out of place with how light the new texture is but it is a huge improvement.

FR is still in Dev and may not be included in Public Alpha

you should go back to the drawing board man, not to be mean but those textures in your screens are trash. One thing about arma 3 is that its got a nice HD platform to work on, and these textures are A1 at best.

Seems like they are porting the A2 stuff over, so it's not A1 quality. The issue is more that the person taking the screenshots has their settings super low (It's a screenshot duder, crank everything to max so we can see how it looks at it's best!) and if you turn down texture settings it'll make all textures look like trash. Not to mention that if they are using A2 textures you won't exactly be impressed.

I will say that I hope we get a little less porting and a little more original work from the community soon, because A2 stuff really does look bizarre and out of place in A3. Still, it's better than nothing.

Seems like they are porting the A2 stuff over, so it's not A1 quality. The issue is more that the person taking the screenshots has their settings super low (It's a screenshot duder, crank everything to max so we can see how it looks at it's best!) and if you turn down texture settings it'll make all textures look like trash. Not to mention that if they are using A2 textures you won't exactly be impressed.

I will say that I hope we get a little less porting and a little more original work from the community soon, because A2 stuff really does look bizarre and out of place in A3. Still, it's better than nothing.

its actually on high texture setting, it wont let me put it to ultra for some odd reason. the new uniform looks a lot more detailed. and im trying to get Atin to get the goggled version of the helmet because in my opinion they will look better on the infantry

Teaser trailer and new screens due tomarrow, prepare for the N-B USMC alpha this saturday.

and with that i have a question for the community to assist in improving the mod quality.

can anyone get me a RV mat for the USMC helmets? the helmets need those to be much higher quality.

ok correction, Teaser Operation, not a trailer, due tomarrow if i can get enough of the private alpha testers to assemble

---------- Post added at 23:30 ---------- Previous post was at 23:23 ----------

Also before the alpha starts, i want to inform you that the Uniforms for the Woodland uniforms look bad, its just because the helmet and also im having some coloring issues and may indeed end up redoing them again, the desert uniforms look much better

well Video is cancelled as i will be working on the Official release trailer, but screens will be up tonight or tomorrow afternoon

Release will go as planned, Though we (I.) Have many things to change and update, I need PVT. Burgess to Finish our Parade uniforms within NATOJO While I work, as our event is tomorrow.

Tomorrow is the release i will post the mods DL link on the forum and also the official release video at 12 pm Central time in america

Release will go as planned but there is not going to be a release video but i may do some screens

Will be a little late, no worries, its just my partner hasnt gotten on to upload it and send me the link

The release is on the front page, Requesting a moderator to move this to Addons And mods Complete

Sorry many still can't get behind these, being in a USMC unit we want realism and these just don't look good. Helmets are totally off color from the rest of the marpat uniforms, and most of the colors are just off in general. I thought at first that since you brought the helmets over you would bring the old arma 2 vest as well, but you just used the AAF vest which is the wrong hue also. It is nice that you tried but sabres marpat is just better all around.

Sorry many still can't get behind these, being in a USMC unit we want realism and these just don't look good. Helmets are totally off color from the rest of the marpat uniforms, and most of the colors are just off in general. I thought at first that since you brought the helmets over you would bring the old arma 2 vest as well, but you just used the AAF vest which is the wrong hue also. It is nice that you tried but sabres marpat is just better all around.

well the guy who does the porting has problems with vests and the helmet colorations are like that only because of the fact it does not have proper RVmats, that is why it is alpha and things will change

also i already posted on the front page that its the wrong vest and i had to remake the vests last minute

also this is mine and Atins FIRST mod to release

Edited by AngelWingGamingJacob

The M27 won't accept ammunition, takes incorrect ammunition, and has a graphical bug. Other than that, it's great!

The M27 won't accept ammunition, takes incorrect ammunition, and has a graphical bug. Other than that, it's great!

thanks i will put the bug on first post, the M27 must still be WIP then :/ ill get atin to work on that tomarrow while im gone

The M27 was left in by accident; It is planned for First update though and will take correct muntions as well as be textured correctly. Sorry to have forgotten to remove it!

The release is on the front page, Requesting a moderator to move this to Addons And mods Complete

this is complete? your funny funny man

this is complete? your funny funny man

That's not very nice...

This forum is for the release and subsequent discussion of addons/mods.

Only addons/mods which have content freely available for download should have threads in here.

Addons that are released in alpha/beta/final state are covered by this "Complete" forum.