fabrizio_t

[OPEN BETA] [SP] bCombat infantry AI Mod

How would you rate AI firing accuracy within bCombat v0.15?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate AI firing accuracy within bCombat v0.15?

• Way too low
    • A bit low
    • Almost fine
    • A bit high
    • Way too high

you could built your self a small config patch to tweak the cfgAiSkill to your likings.

/*
	MY_AiSkillPatch

File:		config.cpp
*/

class CfgPatches 
{
	class MY_AiSkillPatch 
	{
		requiredaddons[] = { "bcombat" };  // not sure if bcombat is correct
		requiredversion = 0.1;
		units[] = {};
		weapons[] = {};
		magazines[] = {};

name		= "";
		mail		= "";
		author[]	= { "" };
	};
};

class cfgAiSkill
{
	aimingAccuracy[]	= { 0,	0.05,	1,	0.5 };
	aimingSpeed[]		= { 0,	0.50,	1,	1.0 };
	aimingShake[]		= { 0,	0.00,	1,	0.8 };
	endurance[]		= { 0,	0.00,	1,	1.0 };
	spotDistance[]		= { 0,	0.20,	1,	0.6 };
	spotTime[]		= { 0,	0.25,	1,	1.0 };
	courage[]		= { 0,	0.00,	1,	1.0 };
	reloadSpeed[]		= { 0,	0.20,	1,	1.0 };
	commanding[]		= { 0,	0.25,	1,	1.0 };
	general[]		= { 0,	0.05,	1,	1.0 };
};

Hi, where should i put this config file, in bCombat folder or Config folder in Arma 3 directory ?

i havent been able to follow this thread in detail lately is there in update to the mod or is this the same code?

Hi guys, if I change global variables like bcombat_cqb_radar at mission init time (let's say inside player units init), will the mission start with the respective behaviour then? Thx.

Hey Fabrizio, as AI modding is a hard task: How are your personal fleeing and surrender values btw.? :D

4cd4f87e-2d9e-11e5-9250-3abfd5dba939.png

Hello i am getting an error similar to this when I start the game. The mod is in the correct folder (steam library\steamapps\common\arma3) and is named correctly (@bcombat). The offending file is correctly inside this folder and I have tried reinstalling the mod. I load the mod with the launcher

i don't understand what the problem is 

thanks if anyone can help 

If you aren't using filepatching, give that a go. Should get rid of the error I think (someone else feel free to correct!). 

how do i do that? and how do i know if the mod is working at all.. i tried playing while ignoring the error, i'm not sure if there was a difference or just placebo effect :P 

how do i do that? and how do i know if the mod is working at all.. i tried playing while ignoring the error, i'm not sure if there was a difference or just placebo effect :P

you add -filePatching to launcher parameters and the mod shows a hint message like "bcombat initialized" if its running.

Or in launcher you go to parameters (left side), advanced (tab) and look for filepatching, mark it, and here you go.

worked thanks :)

btw i'm noticing the smoke use. by the AI.. and i started using it too in campaign/scenarios.. but I'm not sure how well it works, i still get shot at. it doesnt seem that thick (maybe its my graphics settings which i guess shouldn't matter to the AI) so not sure if I should throw 4 at a time or something for it to work 

in this test it only seems to be effective when he drops a lot of smoke directly on an enemy a long distance away and tries to get as close as he can but he still gets killed once he gets within 200 meters. not sure how effective this would be in a more realistic situation where you throw smoke closer to yourself and the enemy AI has more than one firing angle on you .. any tweaks in this mod? 

worked thanks :)

btw i'm noticing the smoke use. by the AI.. and i started using it too in campaign/scenarios.. but I'm not sure how well it works, i still get shot at. it doesnt seem that thick (maybe its my graphics settings which i guess shouldn't matter to the AI) so not sure if I should throw 4 at a time or something for it to work 

in this test it only seems to be effective when he drops a lot of smoke directly on an enemy a long distance away and tries to get as close as he can but he still gets killed once he gets within 200 meters. not sure how effective this would be in a more realistic situation where you throw smoke closer to yourself and the enemy AI has more than one firing angle on you .. any tweaks in this mod? 

Hi harpred,

not sure what you're willing to achieve there.

Smoke grenades are normally used as light smokescreens or signalling devices.

In the former case they usually serve as temporary concealment for withdrawal or flanking.

Being simple smoke they're not intended to block incoming fire, but rather making it less accurate in order to favour a successful movement.

Heavy smokescreens are not usually achieved by portable smoke devices.

They're deployed either by artillery or mortars (or CAS) and they grant some concealment in case of the need for a frontal attack across a wide and barren field ( infact they were quite commonly used in WWI after the Somme).

In this case the main advantage of the smokescreen is that enemy longer range weapons such as  machineguns and artillery have visibilty hindered, hence they lose effectiveness.

Though there's still a high chance to be spotted through blowing smoke and enemy is very likely to blind fire through it as well.

So you can't expect to get 100% concealment across the field.

At about 200m. i think you should be ready for fighting already.

• Like 1

So I haven't used this mod in forever. How does it work with Arma 3 having its own built in suppression system, and is there a way to disable suppression itself in the config? 

bCombat gave me amazing experience with Antistasi mod, all implemented AI features work like miracle here.

the only thing that would do it better is garrisoning ability for enemy AI. any idea how to implement it manually? maybe there are some garrisoning modules from other AI mods that work with bCombat?

thank you!

Just wondering, going to do some testing myself, has anyone used Bcombat with GAIA? In theory it should be compatible - GAIA scripts just assign troop movement & patrolling, essentially, but doesn't effect in-combat AI individual units. Also just curious if anyone has run Bcombat alongside other AI mods (ie ASR AI) - not that I intend too, but I am a bit curious. I'm always trying to find the best selection of AI scripts & mods to create the most realistic military simulation & am always curious as to others experiences.

Master gladden their fans new versiey.Dlya many players without "bCombat" is no longer possible igrat.Mod just super! Thank vam.We wait updates.

With these new forums updatesI thought that Fab had just posted with an update!  I much disapoint!

• Like 3

Does the arma 3 difficulty slider work in conjunction with this mod? Like if I play on normal and drop difficulty to recruit will that make the ai easier and less likely to shoot me? Also LOVE this mod!!

Hey guys,

I'm trying to set up bCombat on our dedicated server running AntiStasi.

I know it's supposed to be SP only, but I've seen many good results, even in combination with AntiStasi.

I have the @bcombat folder in place, added the -mod= param (along with the rest of the mods) as well as -filepatching.

nohup ./arma3server_166perf -name=NAME -config=server.cfg -mod=@arma_enhanced_movement\;@cba_a3\;@rhsafrf\;@rhsusaf\;@xla_fixedarsenal\;@bcombat -filepatching -pid=armapid

However, I'm not getting the "bCombat initialized" message on load and having dev mode set to true didn't show the colored balls above AIs.

Any suggestions on how to proceed? Is there a guide for dedicated servers I couldn't find?

Thanks a lot!

PS: it also shows up in the Loaded mods in stdout. could the red entry mean -filepatching is not "active"?

18:37:00 ============================================================================================= List of mods ===============================================================================================
18:37:00 modsReadOnly = true
18:37:00 safeModsActivated = false
18:37:00 customMods = true
18:37:00 hash = 'C676A7E9177B1544FEF724064E574B49A10178B9'
18:37:00 hashShort = '861866e0'
18:37:00                                               name |               modDir |    default |               origin |                                     hash | hashShort | fullPath
18:37:00 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
18:37:00                          bCombat AI mod v0.18 BETA |             @bcombat |      false |             GAME DIR | 87ec114ddd9373f3f419aa805c11c91e3051bd3d |  7dad1112 | /home/steam/.steam/steamcmd/arma3/@bcombat
18:37:00                           XLA Fixed Arsenal v3.1.1 |    @xla_fixedarsenal |      false |             GAME DIR | 7379191be576982ef377bd066428b650b8f9370d |  1f254179 | /home/steam/.steam/steamcmd/arma3/@xla_fixedarsenal
18:37:00                          RHS: United States Forces |             @rhsusaf |      false |             GAME DIR | 2f346300316ae1bee109888385a77be1921fc48b |   4c30ccd | /home/steam/.steam/steamcmd/arma3/@rhsusaf
18:37:00        RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation |             @rhsafrf |      false |             GAME DIR | a9f61612ce09e3eb050dddb477390bbdca8f6f96 |  86f4f4ea | /home/steam/.steam/steamcmd/arma3/@rhsafrf
18:37:00                       Community Base Addons v3.1.2 |              @cba_a3 |      false |             GAME DIR | cec1a56b38d05b58e7b4462e04ed4bde4057031a |   d283b5d | /home/steam/.steam/steamcmd/arma3/@cba_a3
18:37:00                             Arma Enhanced Movement | @arma_enhanced_movement |      false |             GAME DIR | 94ccae17e9344882abc05236e6e98b4606fd8b4b |  53048ffb | /home/steam/.steam/steamcmd/arma3/@arma_enhanced_movement
18:37:00                                  Arma 3 DLC Bundle |            dlcbundle |       true |            NOT FOUND |                                          |           | 
18:37:00                                        Arma 3 Apex |            expansion |       true |             GAME DIR | 889deca7b67b3edca0b2da51a5318a40167757dd |  c794d30d | /home/steam/.steam/steamcmd/arma3/expansion
18:37:00                                    Arma 3 Marksmen |                 mark |       true |             GAME DIR | 7129193541b9133ea1bea45441e244eb180cbfe7 |  58644447 | /home/steam/.steam/steamcmd/arma3/mark
18:37:00                                 Arma 3 Helicopters |                 heli |       true |             GAME DIR | 037b8a52dea414a8999d947ae74a01089ef1178e |  6b140d2c | /home/steam/.steam/steamcmd/arma3/heli
18:37:00                                       Arma 3 Karts |                 kart |       true |             GAME DIR | 9b8fdc1c10171397e45e8a671074d3b570c758a9 |  a5c8c24c | /home/steam/.steam/steamcmd/arma3/kart
18:37:00                                        Arma 3 Zeus |              curator |       true |             GAME DIR | e3578d1509f22cc901180ed73925c9d766cdc84c |  e6c7fc7b | /home/steam/.steam/steamcmd/arma3/curator
18:37:00                                             Arma 3 |                   A3 |       true |            NOT FOUND |                                          |           | 
18:37:00 ==========================================================================================================================================================================================================

Edited by Mate Navay

If anyone is still reading this at all... =)

I did try bCombat on my own PC with the same Antistasi map and save and it worked locally.

So, at this point it seems I would just need one person who ever managed to get bCombat working on a dedicated server. If you exist, please tell me what needs to be set! ;)

This mod is truly a masterpiece, and out of all of the AI mods I've tried (which I like to believe is all of them), this is my favorite. It actually incorporates bounding to an extant, the AI take cover intelligently for the most part, and the overwatch feature is wonderful. Exactly what I'm looking for in an AI mod. The only gripe I have is the group leaders get a little gung-ho and like to advance recklessly sometimes, which I assume has something to do with the moral system. If so, I have no complaints. Amazing system, regardless of any drawbacks. I'd love for the unit to advance as a squad and bound correctly without anybody going rambo. It'd be awesome if there'd be some way to incorporate fire team maneuvering within a larger squad as well, like filtering the roles within a squad and having four designated ft roles move at a time. I know nothing about scripting so this is all just wishful thinking, but your mod has come closest to achieving my vision. <3

For those of you who want to get this up on a dedicated server, I use Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool and set up the server as per usual and set up all of the mods, then under the 'Rules' tab, set "allowed file patching" to 2 and set verify signatures to none. I'm pretty sure it works, the debug came up on my dedi. I just now started experimenting.

Also, is there a way to not run bCombat on certain groups/sides only? Something to put in a unit's init to not run bCombat would be wonderful. I seen something in bCombat.sqf that allows this, but it reads 'Alpha feature please don't change', so I'm wondering if that actually works.