fabrizio_t

[OPEN BETA] [SP] bCombat infantry AI Mod

How would you rate AI firing accuracy within bCombat v0.15?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate AI firing accuracy within bCombat v0.15?

• Way too low
    • A bit low
    • Almost fine
    • A bit high
    • Way too high

No, you can definitely hide into houses in ArmA 3.

There's 2 ways an AI unit will detect you there:

1) it has some line-of-sight on you, even just on some inches of your body through a window

2) it can hear you, meaning it's close and you're moving / making noise

The potential issue imho is AI is very sensitive and accurate in its detection, probably a tad too much.

This especially applies to subsequent re-detection.

EDIT:

To clarify my impressions: i've run first mission of Apex campaign a few weeks ago.

Vanilla.

I did move to some crest, was detected by AI enemies about 100 meters away and fired upon.

I crawled back.

Then i moved to their flank by keeping concealed behind the crest.

I kept some distance too.

As soon as i popped out of vegetation / rest / cover almost at their back and at about 100 meters they opened fire on me.

I was still crawling.

Yeah, i wasn mentioning this on Ai discussion thred. Once you being detected, AI have some like magness, if you become visible (nothing between you and them) for them, they instantly can rotate in your direction and open super accurate fire.

About buildings my squad was 200M from the enemies and wasnt able to see/hear them, Problem is, that was on CUP buildings.

No, you can definitely hide into houses in ArmA 3.

There's 2 ways an AI unit will detect you there:

1) it has some line-of-sight on you, even just on some inches of your body through a window

2) it can hear you, meaning it's close and you're moving / making noise

The potential issue imho is AI is very sensitive and accurate in its detection, probably a tad too much.

This especially applies to subsequent re-detection.

EDIT:

To clarify my impressions: i've run first mission of Apex campaign a few weeks ago.

Vanilla.

I did move to some crest, was detected by AI enemies about 100 meters away and fired upon.

I crawled back.

Then i moved to their flank by keeping concealed behind the crest.

I kept some distance too.

As soon as i popped out of vegetation / crest  almost at their back and at about 100 meters they opened fire on me.

I was still crawling.

Although, there is one or two buildings the AI can see through on Tanoa...

• Like 1

Although, there is one or two buildings the AI can see through on Tanoa...

Same on Altis & Stratis.

Same on Altis & Stratis.

No... like one single model is literally missing one of the LODs... or it was when Apex was released.

Finished first testing phase on v0.20.
Lots of cleanup involved, including bDetect removal and morale system tied to BIS native logic.
Different visibility checks too, in order to accounf for massive foliage.

A few small issues should still be ironed out, some fine-tuning should be done on balancing of features.

All in all it works well on Tanoa, which is a completely different environment if compared to Altis.

I'd like to rework a bit a few features.  For instance i'd like to further expand the "investigate" behaviour.
It does work already in v0.18, but i think some gaps may be filled between "close threat" and "far threat" behaviour patterns.

No ETA as usual,  work in progress.

• Like 11

Thanks for the update fabrizio, looking forward to it :)

Sorry I dont mean to argue with it but i've been re-running this test hiding blocks and blocks away and every time -100% at some point the AI just turns on some ESP and finds player with bcombat.. Ive been replaying exact scenario in Vanilla and this doesnt happen at all. I noticed this all the way back with the old campaign and its still present, I cant keep making videos because sometimes it takes a long time to kick in but I encourage you to run realtime tests with zeus -just shoot and run far away with zero possibility of visibility and hide out in a building.

Sorry I dont mean to argue with it but i've been re-running this test hiding blocks and blocks away and every time -100% at some point the AI just turns on some ESP and finds player with bcombat.. Ive been replaying exact scenario in Vanilla and this doesnt happen at all. I noticed this all the way back with the old campaign and its still present, I cant keep making videos because sometimes it takes a long time to kick in but I encourage you to run realtime tests with zeus -just shoot and run far away with zero possibility of visibility and hide out in a building.

Well i wrote already about vanilla having  the exact same positional information as bCombat, but not happening to actively  to use it ( = static AI ).

However the detection scenario is something i've tested many times.

Here is a sample video showing what i see:

• Player shoots while an enemy AI group sits about 80-100 meters away.
  • Some AI units are detached to investigate.
  • They move into general area of player while failing to pinpoint it.
  • They move back to group.
  • Like 3

Hi Folks,

I've used a few different AI mods but I haven't tried this one - one thing mentioned on the first page is surrender/fleeing - I don't think I've ever observed an AI opponent fleeing or surrendering - does this actually happen in Arma ?

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HI, i just have two questions.

1. Is this truly force AI to use Grenade Launchers and Frag Grenades on Infantry.

2. Is it compatible with TPWCAS - AI suppreesion mod ?

Hi, I recently bought our own server with my friends and I would like to use this mod, I know it´s possible because we were in clan which was using it.

Other mods are insttaling, that you add them through ftp on server, copy bikey of that mod to folder keys and add name of that mod to boot commands. But this mod has no bikey.. so..

Can someone please describe how to install it? I already downloaded that rar, unziped it placed it on server,rename it too @bcombat add -mod=@bcombat and --filepatching to boot comands. But still when I want to join my server. Its saying you have to install authoriated keys for this mod(bikey) and kicked it me out. What am I doing wrong please? :D

Here are some screenshots how I seted It.(I hope I can post here some of them as url..): http://prntscr.com/bz7hsc, http://prntscr.com/bz7j2chttp://prntscr.com/bz7jrd

Thanks for responding.

Hi Folks,

I've used a few different AI mods but I haven't tried this one - one thing mentioned on the first page is surrender/fleeing - I don't think I've ever observed an AI opponent fleeing or surrendering - does this actually happen in Arma ?

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

It's optional. Should be enabled via config.sqf ( bcombat_allow_surrender = true ).

May break missions / campaign mechanics  of course.

Hi, I recently bought our own server with my friends and I would like to use this mod, I know it´s possible because we were in clan which was using it.

Other mods are insttaling, that you add them through ftp on server, copy bikey of that mod to folder keys and add name of that mod to boot commands. But this mod has no bikey.. so..

Can someone please describe how to install it? I already downloaded that rar, unziped it placed it on server,rename it too @bcombat add -mod=@bcombat and --filepatching to boot comands. But still when I want to join my server. Its saying you have to install authoriated keys for this mod(bikey) and kicked it me out. What am I doing wrong please? :D

Here are some screenshots how I seted It.(I hope I can post here some of them as url..): http://prntscr.com/bz7hsc, http://prntscr.com/bz7j2chttp://prntscr.com/bz7jrd

Thanks for responding.

Can't answer , but many people are running bCombat on a MP environment, pretty sure they will help.

HI, i just have two questions.

1. Is this truly force AI to use Grenade Launchers and Frag Grenades on Infantry.

2. Is it compatible with TPWCAS - AI suppreesion mod ?

1. AI units will aggressively use frag grenades as well as smoke grenades (configurable via config.sqf). They use grenade launchers already in vanilla.

2. no, bCombat handles suppression already on its own.

Can't answer , but many people are running bCombat on a MP environment, pretty sure they will help.

I hope, but  still thanks for answer :).

That would actually be pretty amazing -if civilians starting pointing in your general or exact location depending on your standing with the populace. Sadly BI never gave us pointing animations..

That can go badly wrong. Remember in Oblivion someone would always tell the guards when you were stealing things, even if there was nobody around to see you?-people thought it was a bug, and it was, just not the bug they were looking for.Turns out what was happening was that the chickens were telling the guards where you were-I can see the same happening with Altis rabbits...

• Like 2

That can go badly wrong. Remember in Oblivion someone would always tell the guards when you were stealing things, even if there was nobody around to see you?-people thought it was a bug, and it was, just not the bug they were looking for.Turns out what was happening was that the chickens were telling the guards where you were-I can see the same happening with Altis rabbits...

That's classic Arma right there ^^ love the extra challenge of noosey critters dropping a dime on me - death by fire!

Fabrizio, well all's I can say is you didn't wait long enough. I've had that result as well BUT 5 minutes later, as if told by the wind (or rabbits) a soldier will just literally sprint to an impossibly hard to find interior spot. This does not happen in vanilla, my play style is always indoors so I spend Alot of time skulking buildings - this is a bcombat anomaly. If you choose not to believe me, well, all's I can say is I tried..

• Like 1

1. AI units will aggressively use frag grenades as well as smoke grenades (configurable via config.sqf). They use grenade launchers already in vanilla.

2. no, bCombat handles suppression already on its own.

Thanks for the help, one more question, is it compatible with RHS Escalation units ?

Last comment: Replayed that mission but this time ran about 8 blocks away and hid in alcove - the enemy has a Guard waypoint if that matters. They did basically what they did in your demo, that is, a slight recon and after finding nothing returned to a general formation. I waited. At 8:12 of waiting, that ONE soldier just takes off in a bee line for my exact spot. This is now unquestionable and does not happen in vanilla.

Hi Folks,

Man - that video looks so good... Thanks for all your efforts... Unsung is definitely a favorite - nice showcase...

Regards,

Scott

This looks GREAT fab !  Is there a way to stop the AI rapidly changing stances (like stand, crouch, stand - all within a few seconds )?

This looks GREAT fab !  Is there a way to stop the AI rapidly changing stances (like stand, crouch, stand - all within a few seconds )?

Sadly that's an issue, since setUnitpos is now overridden by core AI mechanics.

Imho it does not make sense, but that's it.