fabrizio_t

[OPEN BETA] [SP] bCombat infantry AI Mod

How would you rate AI firing accuracy within bCombat v0.15?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate AI firing accuracy within bCombat v0.15?

• Way too low
    • A bit low
    • Almost fine
    • A bit high
    • Way too high

Hello, buon giorno!

Despite bCombat is a wonderful mod, it is incompatible with my Antistasi mission.

As I have some "bug reports" which after some investigation I find the reporter using bCombat I want to code something to endmission if bCombat is detected.

Can you please tell me any variable / config entry or whatever to detect bCombat?

Thanks in advance!!!

Incompatible ? Sounds strange.

However, as you may see here: https://github.com/fabrizioT/bCombat/blob/master/bcombat.sqf

You can check for "bcombat" global variable, e.g.

if( !(isNil "bcombat") ) exitWith{};

tried mixing this mod with asr ai successfully, it made the ai damn harder to defeat. 

• Like 1

I love testing all the AI mods, and I think that bCombat is my favourite!  What did you do ljcampos to make ASR_AI and bCombat compatible ?

bcombat is messed on PWS the latest version is missing loads of files i.e. userconfig files etc... 

I love testing all the AI mods, and I think that bCombat is my favourite! What did you do ljcampos to make ASR_AI and bCombat compatible ?

When I used bcombat ai and asr ai back then, disable some features in the userconifg like smoke, move to cover and and the fancy move of bcombat.

Bcombat doesnt work anymore so im using vcom ai. Im now tryong to mix vcom and asr in the meantime by using the script version of vcom, ill give you news if I made it work

Never use PWS, sorry.

do you use workshop then or download everything manually from armaholic.

Manually all the time.  There is no substitute.  Takes seconds to find stuff on these forums/Armaholic - single click and download.  Install is a piece of cake and I use SpiritedMachines launcher (from Arma2 days), drag the mod in and press PLAY.  Done.

Registered to ask this - great fan of the mod, made for an excellent sp campaign and some memorable moments. Was thinking of re-installing and replaying but gather from reading through some of the comments that the mod is now a patch version out of date and no longer working? Should I hang fire till an update comes around? Thanks.

So every time I get frustrated with AI, this mod comes up a lot in my quest for better. Unfortunately, it's SP only, and I only play coop in a medium sized group. Are there any plans to bring out a MP version of this mod in the future?

Oh. The description on the front page seemed clear that it was for SP only, so I had just assumed. So it works by setting it up on a dedicated server? Or only hosted MP sessions?

Works in dedi and locally hosted.  Try it and see for yourself :)

Awesome. I've been avoiding this mod since I got into community play because I thought it was a non-option. I used this exclusively when I was a SP kinda guy.

Any other behavior mods that work with, compliment, or go nuts when used together?

I have to assume all other AI mods are right out, but some have comments about using them with others, so I figured I'd ask.

***Edit***

Having investigated the readme, it indicates not to use mods that alter CfgAISkill or danger.fsm

Would that include using the AI skills module in ALiVE?

So, I've been toying with this mod a bit and I don't see it doing a lot of the options advertised such as reacting to dead bodies, reacting to gunfire with several hundred meters, surrendering units, etc. Am I suppose to change values for that and where? Sorry, fairly new at this. 

So, I've been toying with this mod a bit and I don't see it doing a lot of the options advertised such as reacting to dead bodies, reacting to gunfire with several hundred meters, surrendering units, etc. Am I suppose to change values for that and where? Sorry, fairly new at this. 

The past arma 3 updates rendered it useless, for now only infantry movements is properly working.

The past arma 3 updates rendered it useless, for now only infantry movements is properly working.

Doubt this. Anybody having the same impression ?

There's about 8k people running just Steam Workshop version (not counting the vast majority running GitHub version of the mod ) and till now a few verified issues / concerns have been reported to me  ( namely fatigue being disabled by default and suppression effect being a tad too heavy due to BIS suppression summing up ). Sure many changes under the hood introduced by BIS created a few issues, but i think nothing game-breaking.

Please be sure to run Arma3 with "-filepatching" startup parameter (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Startup_Parameters).

Welcome back fab!  We missed you!  Anything new in the pipeline that we can start to get excited about ?

Would love to see bCombat up-to-date, best AI enhancement mod IMO.

Welcome back fab!  We missed you!  Anything new in the pipeline that we can start to get excited about ?

A useful set of new scripting commands was introduced.

It would be interesting using them to improve bCombat.

This said i'm not going to code before dust settles after Apex.

I hope Tanoa will bring back the motivation needed to spend hundreds of hours in modding ArmA again ;)

For now priority  to job / family duties and Assetto Corsa in spare time.

Best sim since Grand Prix Legends.

Hehe I know what you mean.  Although I play (tinker with) Arma3 every day, I'm busy stuck in my Rift playing Elite Dangerous !

A useful set of new scripting commands was introduced.

It would be interesting using them to improve bCombat.

This said i'm not going to code before dust settles after Apex.

I hope Tanoa will bring back the motivation needed to spend hundreds of hours in modding ArmA again ;)

For now priority  to job / family duties and Assetto Corsa in spare time.

Best sim since Grand Prix Legends.

You're back!! We missed you so much. So glad to see you again, I really thought you're gone <3