fabrizio_t

[OPEN BETA] [SP] bCombat infantry AI Mod

How would you rate AI firing accuracy within bCombat v0.15?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate AI firing accuracy within bCombat v0.15?

• Way too low
    • A bit low
    • Almost fine
    • A bit high
    • Way too high

Everytime I start up this mod it says bcombat.sqf is not found. I downloaded with PlaywithSix. any way to fix this please?

PWS often fails to install bCombat correctly. The "@bcombat" folder containing Addons, etc should be in the Steamlibrary/Common/Arma3 folder and the "bcombat" folder containing userconfig in the userconfig folder. This video might help if you have any problems. 

• Like 2

Is anyone playing this is Dev build? I am getting heaps of script errors, many of which seem to be from Bcombat. I know people hate 'bug reports' from Dev branch, so this isn't one, but can anyone else say if they play bcombat with dev and no errors?

I'm only on Dev because of the Eden editor.

I have bcombat installed properly, and i got error "bcombat.sqf IN BCOMBAT FOLDER not found" . I use 1.54 RC and on 1.52 problem wasnt present.

EPIC AI enhancement mod. I'm replaying the campaign with this and ACE3, and I've barely progressed because the AAF squads continually take out myself or Sgt. Adams.

Now, are all the optionals enabled of default? If not, how do I enable them?

And I too am getting this error:

2015-12-13_00001.jpg

I downloaded bCombat from WithSix. I don't see any bcombat folder in the userconfig folder, nor do I see a bcombat .hpp file in the @bcombat folder.

Guys, propably you dont have option in launcher  "-filepatching" checked. Make sure its ON, by going to parameters, advanced, advanced, "Turn file actualization" or something like this/ i use diferent language. And off ourse do not use Bcombat from steam workshop.

BTW, its only AI mod i use, and cant imagine gameplay without it.

• Like 2

Guys, propably you dont have option in launcher  "-filepatching" checked. Make sure its ON, by going to parameters, advanced, advanced, "Turn file actualization" or something like this/ i use diferent language. And off ourse do not use Bcombat from steam workshop.

BTW, its only AI mod i use, and cant imagine gameplay without it.

Thanks, that did it!

People having the "bcombat.sqf IN BCOMBAT FOLDER not found": please run the game with the "-filepatching" commandline argument, it should solve the issue.

Now just a bit of news on bCombat development plans: i am current experimenting with next bCombat "branch", as much changed into ArmA3 engine and many potentially useful scripting commands were recently introduced. Not everything works as intended though.

All is needed, in order to further proceed, is to have dust settle a bit on new BIS features: recent changes ranged from revamp of game launcher, addition of engine-level suppression, stamina handling, aiming accuracy tweaking, etc. All these are obviously welcome features, but it's not actually possible to keep the pace of such a constanly changing environment. 
  • Like 5

Good to see you back again Fab!  I think being able to use bCombat without -filepatching would be a welcome step first :)

Hmmm... this is strange, but did Fab create a new account here on the forums? Or is it someone trying to fool us? Fabrizio_T last login to the forums was in July! That's when he said he is very busy and bCombat development was paused since then.

People having the "bcombat.sqf IN BCOMBAT FOLDER not found": please run the game with the "-filepatching" commandline argument, it should solve the issue.

Now just a bit of news on bCombat development plans: i am current experimenting with next bCombat "branch", as much changed into ArmA3 engine and many potentially useful scripting commands were recently introduced. Not everything works as intended though.

All is needed, in order to further proceed, is to have dust settle a bit on new BIS features: recent changes ranged from revamp of game launcher, addition of engine-level suppression, stamina handling, aiming accuracy tweaking, etc. All these are obviously welcome features, but it's not actually possible to keep the pace of such a constanly changing environment. 

Don't worry, it's me.

I just ended up logging-in with an older /  wrong account ( i thought it had been merged into my current account though  :( ).

• Like 2

Don't worry, it's me.

I just ended up logging-in with an older /  wrong account ( i thought it had been merged into my current account though  :( ).

Great to see you back mate! I had switched to ASR but for some reason using it now the ai cant hit me.They can literally fire 40-60 shots at me from 20 metres and I wont be hit with ASR_AI  (I just though i had gotten really good at arma lol) So a new bCombat would be awesome .Thanks :)

Yes it bloody would! Not meaning to sound like Sinéad O'Connor or anything, but nothing compares...

• Like 3

I really love this mod and I want to put it on my server, but I cannot find the bikey key for it so that I can key it in on my server. Does anyone have a solution for me?

(P.S. this mod works very well in multiplayer :3)

Does anyone know whether friendly fire damage capping still works? I don't remember if it's supposed to protect the player from damage from AI team mates or not. If it used to, it doesn't seem to be now.

I really love this mod and I want to put it on my server, but I cannot find the bikey key for it so that I can key it in on my server. Does anyone have a solution for me?

(P.S. this mod works very well in multiplayer :3)

It's server only, so there's no need for a bikey. You might need to have one only if you're running bCombat on a headless client. https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Addon_Signatures#How_to_sign_an_addon

Plus, don't forget to add -filepatching to your server's and HC's startup line.

Hi All,

diggin this mod but in campaign I am gettin wiped, I see where the install notes suggest making some changes to the config.sqf, however in my A3 mod noob ignorance I don't seem to be able to figure out where to make those changes. I got the PBO manager and extracted the files and see a config.sqf file but it ls not just plain text so if that is the right  file it would require some further extraction to be editable.

so question is, at this point is editing the config.sqf file still recommended for campaign use and if so could someone please educate me or point me to some resource that describes this process.

Thanks

Hi All,

diggin this mod but in campaign I am gettin wiped, I see where the install notes suggest making some changes to the config.sqf, however in my A3 mod noob ignorance I don't seem to be able to figure out where to make those changes. I got the PBO manager and extracted the files and see a config.sqf file but it ls not just plain text so if that is the right  file it would require some further extraction to be editable.

so question is, at this point is editing the config.sqf file still recommended for campaign use and if so could someone please educate me or point me to some resource that describes this process.

Thanks

Are you using the Steam version? From p1 of this forum, 

All this is delivered pre-configured and ready to go, while it can be tweaked at will via its own configuration file (config.sqf). 

Except Steam Workshop version.

If you download from Github, you get a zip file which can then be extracted and installed manually carefully following the instructions. This contains an annotated  config.sqf file that can be edited.

Hi All,

Thanks

Okay-changing a config is quite straight forward. You dont need to extract any pbo's using the manager. Go to where the mod is located-for me that is in an Arma3 folder in my documents.It depends where you downloaded it from -I use Armaholic.

Inside the bCombat folder will be an "Addons" folder.This contains the actual mod and makes it run. The config you want is called bcombat.sqf. Copy that file and move it to your Arma3 game folder-located in Programs86,Steam,SteamApps,Common,Arma3.

There you will see a folder called "UserConfigs". If it does not exist,simply make an empty folder and name it that. Inside that make another folder called "@bCombat" and inside THAT paste the bcombat.sqf file. Then you can open it with notebook or whatever and simply change values in it as you please.

Although since you mentioned the campaign-i think this mod is set up by default to work with the campaign and so the config is not needed.I could be wrong on that.hope this helps.

If you need any help with it-feel free to private message me and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it!

@ alky_lee I was indeed using the Steam Version, thanks for pointing that out. I am sure I read that, guess it just didn't register.
I now have the GitHub version in place and a much better looking file structre relative to all the instruction I see.

@ ineptaphid - readme states the following.

"__Running ArmA 3 campaign:__
bCombat is designed to cope with campaign, just set the following parameters within config.sqf:

bcombat_damage_multiplier = 1.0;
    bcombat_allow_investigate = false;
    bcombat_allow_fleeing = false;    
    bcombat_allow_surrender = false;"

so as per your instruction I built the proper folders in the root of the ARM3 installation and added the referenced lines to bcombat.sqf. Then I realized the readme specifically states those line should be added to config.sqf, so I have placed config.sqf in the userconfig/@bcombat directory rather then bcombat.sqf.

any good way to tell if the config file is being used?

What you have done should be right.I'm not sure how to tell if the config is being used or not-I suppose just see how it goes?A message saying bCombat has started will appear at mission start,but that just tells you the mod is running-not if the config has been applied.

If anyone else can tell how to see specifically if the config is being read maybe they would post here?

Anyway-goodluck with it.

i remember having trouble with the config a while ago.  the way i got everything working was to have the mod installed to my game folder and to have config.sqf in the mod directory, not the userconfig folder.  ive been doing it that way for a couple years though so things might have changed.

easy way to check to see if config is doing its thing is to set debug mode on in said config.  then place some ai and a player in the editor and preview, if the ai have bubbles over their heads then its working.

i remember having trouble with the config a while ago.  the way i got everything working was to have the mod installed to my game folder and to have config.sqf in the mod directory, not the userconfig folder.  ive been doing it that way for a couple years though so things might have changed.

easy way to check to see if config is doing its thing is to set debug mode on in said config.  then place some ai and a player in the editor and preview, if the ai have bubbles over their heads then its working.

Ah yes-that's a great way to check if the config is read-the debug bubbles.Didn't think of that :)

Is there a conflict with the current bcombat version and the Eden update? I'm getting error messages.

• Like 3

Hello, buon giorno!

Despite bCombat is a wonderful mod, it is incompatible with my Antistasi mission.

As I have some "bug reports" which after some investigation I find the reporter using bCombat I want to code something to endmission if bCombat is detected.

Can you please tell me any variable / config entry or whatever to detect bCombat?

Thanks in advance!!!