fabrizio_t

[OPEN BETA] [SP] bCombat infantry AI Mod

How would you rate AI firing accuracy within bCombat v0.15?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate AI firing accuracy within bCombat v0.15?

• Way too low
    • A bit low
    • Almost fine
    • A bit high
    • Way too high

Oh, so this could be the biggest advantage of ASR AI.

How about your squad mates rearming at enemy corpses? I've never seen such an action while using bCombat.

Nope...

Fabrizio, the stealth system is still broken. The SP mission "Bingo Fuel" and "Breaking Even" can't be played accordingly.

v0.16 = fine

v0.18 (v0.17) = broken

In both versions (v0.16 and v0.18) the enemies can't hear silenced weapons above 100m but with v0.18 they have a "7th sense" if one of their teammates have been shot. It is not the hearing but they will get alerted somehow and they exactly know my position (200m away thru buildings).

Is it possible to change the stealth system of v0.18 to the old 0.16 version?

Edited by max1944

maybe read the first post that lists all the features of what it does do?

The feature list/changelong at armaholic does mention 'rearm', in a way that is not clear to me. Besides, would it be the first time a mod doesn't mantion one of its features in the docs?

Just getting a "cant find bcombat.sqf script" error on launching arma 3, despite that file existing in the mod folder.

Edit: oh, the modfolder has to be named @bcombat, NOT the default extracted @bcombat-0.18

Might wanna change that

Sorry for the lack of updates, i'm buried by job duties.

I definetely need some some relax too and hopefully i'll take a break for the next 3 weeks. Finally.

That said, bCombat is not dead, just paused in the meantime.

BIS is introducing some interesting changes (e.g. knowsabout command improvements) and i would like to take advantage of these in next releases.

Any reason why bCombat isn't a multiplayer mod? Would be great to have official support to use with ALIVE.

Fab this mp vs sp issue is probably the most common misunderstood element.

Would you consider revising the OP to make it a little clearer...

E.g. "Works in mp, but some of the features are restricted I.e. animations" etc etc

Sorry for the lack of updates, i'm buried by job duties.

I definetely need some some relax too and hopefully i'll take a break for the next 3 weeks. Finally.

That said, bCombat is not dead, just paused in the meantime.

BIS is introducing some interesting changes (e.g. knowsabout command improvements) and i would like to take advantage of these in next releases.

I'm currently struggling with the 'Win' campaign. Could you please verify the report in the post

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?171436-OPEN-BETA-SP-bCombat-infantry-AI-Mod&p=2964413&viewfull=1#post2964413

?

Hi, I installed the steam version, can anybody tell me if I need to reset my ingame difficult settings or set to skill and precision to max or something?. I tweaked when I bought the game so I set the AI to 0.9 skill, and 0.2 in precision (because vanilla AI is too acurate, and this solved my problem), but it seems they can't hit me, I was playing WLA and I realized the AI cant hit me unless in CQB. I had an enemy tank shooting with the MG at about 100-200m and he never hit me, even completely standing in open field. (maybe its small bug or do I need to reinstall?)

Also I realized that if I start a new mission the game load bcombat, but in a mission alrady started it doesn't load the mod, does this mod works in an already started mission?, if not, how do I now if the mod its working when I'm in a mission?

Hi, I installed the steam version, can anybody tell me if I need to reset my ingame difficult settings or set to skill and precision to max or something?. I tweaked when I bought the game so I set the AI to 0.9 skill, and 0.2 in precision (because vanilla AI is too acurate, and this solved my problem), but it seems they can't hit me, I was playing WLA and I realized the AI cant hit me unless in CQB. I had an enemy tank shooting with the MG at about 100-200m and he never hit me, even completely standing in open field. (maybe its small bug or do I need to reinstall?)

Also I realized that if I start a new mission the game load bcombat, but in a mission alrady started it doesn't load the mod, does this mod works in an already started mission?, if not, how do I now if the mod its working when I'm in a mission?

Yeah you are certainly meant to get hit still. While I have found Bcombat has improved the AI 'aimbot' a heap, I still sometimes stop and say 'come on, how did they hit me from so far away with an AK? (300m+)'. The logical thing to do would be to reverse any AI tweaking that you did. However, you mentioned an enemy tank MG shooting at you- well that's not actually affected by Bcombat. A frustrating point about this mod, is that no static weapons (vehicles included) are affected. The author has confirmed this, but I personally found this out trying to make a mission where a sniper (in an AIA terrain) fires on a town's checkpoints and defenders from a distant forest tree-line, but despite being so far away that I sometimes missed (with my scoped sniper), the mission was practically un-playable because, after being alerted, the static HMG's would only need 1-3 shots to drill me. Your own tweaking to the AI may be the only reason the tank couldn't hit you.

It's worth noting that Fab mentioned he is working on a tweaked version to account for the many changes BIS have implemented into their own Ai Routines since the most recent version of bCombat.

I imagine there is a bit of balancing to be done...

SJ

Yeah you are certainly meant to get hit still. While I have found Bcombat has improved the AI 'aimbot' a heap, I still sometimes stop and say 'come on, how did they hit me from so far away with an AK? (300m+)'. The logical thing to do would be to reverse any AI tweaking that you did. However, you mentioned an enemy tank MG shooting at you- well that's not actually affected by Bcombat. A frustrating point about this mod, is that no static weapons (vehicles included) are affected. The author has confirmed this, but I personally found this out trying to make a mission where a sniper (in an AIA terrain) fires on a town's checkpoints and defenders from a distant forest tree-line, but despite being so far away that I sometimes missed (with my scoped sniper), the mission was practically un-playable because, after being alerted, the static HMG's would only need 1-3 shots to drill me. Your own tweaking to the AI may be the only reason the tank couldn't hit you.

Thanks for the answer, what AI level should I put? I think veteran AI should be ok or max setting (without super AI enabled of course)?. Ok so That's the problem with the tank, with the MG they dont hit anything, but with the main cannon... its better to simply run xD (and that's good, tanks are feared for a reason). Maybe I should put AI accuracy to 0.4 insted of 0.2

I'm currently struggling with the 'Win' campaign. Could you please verify the report in the post

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?171436-OPEN-BETA-SP-bCombat-infantry-AI-Mod&p=2964413&viewfull=1#post2964413

?

Bucic, the AI is bugged since 1.40 and the SP campaign can't be played accordingly. The AI often will go into combat mode, thus won't follow waypoints, run over their teammates (while driving), leave a certain area or position.

bCombat (v.017 & 0.18) causes AI problems as well: The enemy AI will notice if a teammate gets killed initialising some kind of wallhack (they exactly know your position). Fabrizio seems unwilling to solve the problem and because of that I stopped using bCombat.

Just tested bCombat a bit. AI units which respawn become unresponsive. Thanks.

Hi Fab

i returned to arma3 but bcombat will no longer launch for me,iv tried everything and the only way to get it to activate is through steam.Of course i dont want steam version because cant access user config.

I didnt update anything so im not sure whats going on

Can anyone confirm bCombat mod still works with v1.52 update?

It may be just me, but looks like the mod is not loaded up at all since v1.50(Dev mode screen doesn't show up anymore, for example. Not sure whether it's due to cba mod or arma engine change).

Before then, it worked anyway even not in the way it is intended though. That is AI units still kept crawling, franking, throwing even under fire. But now, they just get down under fire and take a break behind cover.

BCombat is the best AI mod for ARMA3 SP to me. With this, the gameplay was more dynamic and  kind of unpredictable even though it worked as a mission breaker sometimes. I couldn't find any alternative AI mod that works under v1.52(Of course, I tried ASR AI with and without bCombat AI).

It works great for me in 1.52. I'm using the Steam version of the mod.

With the one of the recent patches or updates to ARMA3. user configs and the like are treated as file patching.. so you have to run your server, and client with the "enable file patching" option in the launcher.... 

I could be wrong here.. but that is what i have gathered while reading issues others are having with other mods.

bCombat does work with the 1.52 update, but perhaps not as good as it did before, but still tons better than vanilla. I put together a quick comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqXNiQdMibk

bCombat does work with the 1.52 update, but perhaps not as good as it did before, but still tons better than vanilla. I put together a quick comparison.

The YouTube link isn't working for me.

EDIT: It's working now. Sorry. That was strange.

Hey guys,

Does anyone know how to tweak the AI accuracy in the bCombat files? I really love the reactiveness and movement of AI in this mod, along with the suppression, but the general accuracy is too high. Is there somewhere it can be tweaked easily in one of the config files? I can't figure out which setting it is if so.

Thanks,

-Jester

Hey guys,

Does anyone know how to tweak the AI accuracy in the bCombat files? I really love the reactiveness and movement of AI in this mod, along with the suppression, but the general accuracy is too high. Is there somewhere it can be tweaked easily in one of the config files? I can't figure out which setting it is if so.

Thanks,

-Jester

you could built your self a small config patch to tweak the cfgAiSkill to your likings.

/*
	MY_AiSkillPatch

File:		config.cpp
*/

class CfgPatches 
{
	class MY_AiSkillPatch 
	{
		requiredaddons[] = { "bcombat" };  // not sure if bcombat is correct
		requiredversion = 0.1;
		units[] = {};
		weapons[] = {};
		magazines[] = {};

name		= "";
		mail		= "";
		author[]	= { "" };
	};
};

class cfgAiSkill
{
	aimingAccuracy[]	= { 0,	0.05,	1,	0.5 };
	aimingSpeed[]		= { 0,	0.50,	1,	1.0 };
	aimingShake[]		= { 0,	0.00,	1,	0.8 };
	endurance[]		= { 0,	0.00,	1,	1.0 };
	spotDistance[]		= { 0,	0.20,	1,	0.6 };
	spotTime[]		= { 0,	0.25,	1,	1.0 };
	courage[]		= { 0,	0.00,	1,	1.0 };
	reloadSpeed[]		= { 0,	0.20,	1,	1.0 };
	commanding[]		= { 0,	0.25,	1,	1.0 };
	general[]		= { 0,	0.05,	1,	1.0 };
};

Everytime I start up this mod it says bcombat.sqf is not found. I downloaded with PlaywithSix. any way to fix this please?

• Like 1

Everytime I start up this mod it says bcombat.sqf is not found. I downloaded with PlaywithSix. any way to fix this please?

Try launching the game with:

1."-noFilePatching" in the startup parameters

or

2."-FilePatching" in the startup parameters.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Startup_Parameters#Developer_Options

Edited by mal7house
  • Like 1