fabrizio_t

[OPEN BETA] [SP] bCombat infantry AI Mod

How would you rate AI firing accuracy within bCombat v0.15?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate AI firing accuracy within bCombat v0.15?

• Way too low
    • A bit low
    • Almost fine
    • A bit high
    • Way too high

Hey!

First of all, fabrizio_T, I want to thank you for your work, the mod is really great and we in our small community are really like to play Arma 3 with it.

Now, to the issues:

Recently we have a strange issue which prevented us from using bCombat - the mod isn't work, at all.

We decided to move our pack of mods we using (about 35 mods) from manual updates to Play withSIX, which provides automatic updates. But when we load the game - there is an error:

2015_06_02_00001.jpg

After that I created new collection of mods in Pw6, which contains bCombat and CBA only - same error here.

Untitled.jpg

If we skip an error and then try to load any mission - bCombat doesn't work.

I read the posts from the last six months in this thread, and I found that message:

I post here because when I launch the mods it always says that "bcombat.sqf" si missing and in game it says that "danger.fdm" can't be loaded.

But the mod still works perfectly, is that normal?

It's a similar situation, but mod isn't work at all.

Can anyone help resolve this problem, fabrizio_T or Play withSIX guys if this is Pw6-related issue?

Thanks!

Sounds like a PwS issue again. Please install manually, as per the instructions in the first post. It really is NOT that difficult.

It's really not - we have 5 year experience of using Arma 2/3 mods, but we can't use other 34 mods in Pw6 and bCombat only manually.

Hey!

First of all, fabrizio_T, I want to thank you for your work, the mod is really great and we in our small community are really like to play Arma 3 with it.

Now, to the issues:

Recently we have a strange issue which prevented us from using bCombat - the mod isn't work, at all.

We decided to move our pack of mods we using (about 35 mods) from manual updates to Play withSIX, which provides automatic updates. But when we load the game - there is an error:

http://s10.postimg.org/5utzjmkr9/2015_06_02_00001.jpg

After that I created new collection of mods in Pw6, which contains bCombat and CBA only - same error here.

http://s8.postimg.org/8tsjd6ihd/Untitled.jpg

If we skip an error and then try to load any mission - bCombat doesn't work.

I read the posts from the last six months in this thread, and I found that message:

It's a similar situation, but mod isn't work at all.

Can anyone help resolve this problem, fabrizio_T or Play withSIX guys if this is Pw6-related issue?

Thanks!

The problem you're experimenting is very likely to be caused by an installation path issue.

I'm not sure whether the client (PWS) is installing the mod accordingly to my installation instructions (see here: https://github.com/fabrizioT/bCombat).

I guess @bcombat folder does not get installed into ArmA3 main folder eventually ? If so, that's the culprit.

Let me know.

---------- Post added at 19:15 ---------- Previous post was at 19:12 ----------

What does the configSP.sqf do, by the way?

There's no such file ...

Hi, was testing what mod is most effective at sending AI squads in building after player and BCombat's does by leaps and bounds. They always get me when hiding upstairs, sometimes coming thru the doors in pairs -pretty intimidating.

Only problem is they are a little too good at finding player - ran a test in which I took pot shots at a rifle squad some 200-300m out thru 2nd story window, dropped and skulked vie rear entrance to 2 buildings away, hid and watched from overhead cam. The squad always bypass the building in which I shot from and come directly to the building I had switched to -seems to be a little bit of a hack. Made video but got corrupted -can replicate if needed.

The problem you're experimenting is very likely to be caused by an installation path issue.

I'm not sure whether the client (PWS) is installing the mod accordingly to my installation instructions (see here: https://github.com/fabrizioT/bCombat).

I guess @bcombat folder does not get installed into ArmA3 main folder eventually ? If so, that's the culprit.

Let me know.

It's My Documents\Arma 3 by default (I believe the full path is c:\Users\%username%\Documents\Arma 3).

Putting things into MyDocuments isn't the normal way of working in Arma, unless this mean that Arma HAS been installed in MyDocuments! It does sound like you are experienced TheChaos, but as Fab says PwS has screwed up that installation. Works perfectly for me, but I never touch PwS.

Putting things into MyDocuments isn't the normal way of working in Arma, unless this mean that Arma HAS been installed in MyDocuments! It does sound like you are experienced TheChaos, but as Fab says PwS has screwed up that installation. Works perfectly for me, but I never touch PwS.

PwS is putting mods there by default, and I suspect that many users of PwS who trying to use bCombat are faced with this problem

Can this mod bee combined with the AI-related modules of ACE 3?

I have just read in todays change log, that vanilla AI should now be throwing smoke when supressed (which is great news).

Has anyone already tested that with bCombat? I assume we should disable bCombat smoking to avoid smoke spamming?

A short report:

I've played several campaign missions with bCombat enabled and I have never been able to perform a successful surprise attack on an AI on short distances. The behavior seems to be unchanged from the clean A3 i.e. AI unit takes 2x3 bursts of 6.5 mm bullets to the chest, flicks at each burst but manages to kill me with a single shot even before I finish firing the second burst. I understand that bCombat doesn't touch the disgraceful default A3 protection/damage parameters but isn't it supposed to introduce a realistic delay in such situations plus optional morale/precision penalty?

Edited by Bucic

I was having some issues and was wondering if you could help me.

I've been switching between ASR and Bcombat. and I cant decide which one to use. I was playing in the editor, and I liked how the AI would get up and find cover when under fire instead of just laying or standing in the open. However in the campaign, Missions such as Death Valley, the AI on my team would move extremely slowly, and not even reach the town when the mortars starting hitting. Also on other missions I noticed certain scripted events would happen much later or not at all, and sqauds would not listen to me telling them to move and would stay back. ASR ai didnt seem to have this problem. But I'm torn between the two. I disabled the three settings needed for Bcombat to work with the campaign but it feels buggy.

Am I doing something wrong or is the Bcombat just not suitable for heavily scripted missions like Official Campaigns and what not?

Am I doing something wrong or is the Bcombat just not suitable for heavily scripted missions like Official Campaigns and what not?

Campaigns & official missions involve a lot of complex scripting - AI overhauls can't account for all situations : they heavily change NPC behaviour, wich is bound to cause issues with the scripted flow of the campaigns.

Both ASR and bCombat were causing issues for me in one mission or another, in the end I had to resort to disable them in order to finish the game... :(

But they're still great mods for actual sandbox missions.

Campaigns & official missions involve a lot of complex scripting - AI overhauls can't account for all situations : they heavily change NPC behaviour, wich is bound to cause issues with the scripted flow of the campaigns.

Both ASR and bCombat were causing issues for me in one mission or another, in the end I had to resort to disable them in order to finish the game... :(

But they're still great mods for actual sandbox missions.

Makes sense, I just hear people saying how all these AI mods make the campaign and such so much better. ASR ai in my experience hasn't messed up the story mode for me. Maybe its best to use ASR for scripted missions and Bcombat for more open ended missions or ones that are made with bCombat in mind.

I testing you addon, is a very good addon :thumb:, nice work, but i think now not work well. I tested with last CBA and bCombat versions (only this addons, no more). I tested in SP.

- IA not alert from explosión. More than 250 meters not alert never, less than 250 sometimes. After default config test, i make test with this radius expanded, and same results.

- IA not alert from shoots. Same test and results of other.

- IA not alert neighboring units that are under attack.

- IA not investigate near hostile activity (explosion, shoots,...). I tried to do same of

, and i cant do.

I used you vanilla addon, with vanilla config and with custom config fer expand radius of alert, detection, etc... But I have not achieved the expected results according to the documentation. Your last patch was four months ago, and since then there have been several patches of Bohemia. I think that has caused the malfunction addon.

My biggest gripe with AI in ArmA is cyborg-like reaction to being shot and counter attack. Too fast and with accuracy not affected by a surprise attack at all. I've played some missions with bCombat and grew more and more certain that it doesn't affect this part of AI either. Today I've prepared a quick test scenario at very close range and it seems to confirm my impression. I see no difference in AI reaction against the default ArmA AI. Here's the mission: http://1drv.ms/1NqEcnZ

It's My Documents\Arma 3 by default (I believe the full path is c:\Users\%username%\Documents\Arma 3).

Sorry-wrong quote-I meant the thing about the armaholic version of the mod causing srrors,making it unusable.

I am experiencing a similar issue.I was using the PWS version but it dosn't seem to have proper userconfigs included.I got the Armaholic version which contains everything in it-but now I get the same errors as this user here.Have switched back to PWS version but now I cannot edit bCombat,which I want to do ,to make AI throw smoke less frequently.(I'm using new Blastcore and smoke grenades are muc larger with that meaning visibility is a problem in firefights of any size...)

Edited by ineptaphid

Hi Fabrizio,

Do you know if there is any difference between arma 3 factions in battle preferences ???

I mean does AI controlled NATO units behave exactly the same like CSAT on battlefield ? Maybe it have some special faction abilities tweaked more to each faction in the game ?

Just for example: CSAT units react and aim little bit faster.... and NATO units have faster run and animation speed... e.t.c

Maybe there even more global changes like slightly different battle style ?

I ask just because i play a lot (only single player) ... and over a time i have strange feeling that there is different behavior in battlefield between arma 3 factions...

The other question is there any difference in unit preferences inside the same faction, i mean does recon unit have different abilities compare to regular unit (with same skill settings) ???

And last question, does sniper ghile uniform really hide you more from AI or it don't have any effect at all ?

Thank you!

Edited by Boombastic

Was wondering if anyone on this thread has had any luck making bcombat work in unison with ASR AI? I have been working at it for the past week and making some headway but I would love to compare tweaks and such to see how i can improve the two even further. I feel the danger fsm files on one needs to be tweaked but am afraid to do so without some guidance since im new to coding and such. Its pretty damn amazing to see the AI go after each other when the two mods are working together so there is alot of promise here. If anyone has suggestions or hints on what to tweak or how to tweak either mods would be much appreciated.

Not really a good idea as they both control the same aspect and you'll just get conflicts...

Can anyone please confirm whether more realistic reaction time is supposed to be a feature of this mod? Yesterday I got killed again by an AI cought off-guard from his 3 o'clock, 3 meters. After receiving two bullets to his right arm/torso it took him less than 0.25 seconds to kill me with one to two bullets.

Can anyone please confirm whether more realistic reaction time is supposed to be a feature of this mod? Yesterday I got killed again by an AI cought off-guard from his 3 o'clock, 3 meters. After receiving two bullets to his right arm/torso it took him less than 0.25 seconds to kill me with one to two bullets.

No I don't think it does anything to AI reaction time.

From my observation it just tones down the 'aimbot' (but they still do pull off laser accurate shots time to time), helps their movement/use of cover, makes them investigate noise etc, and tweaks how effective they are at using smoke and grenades.

From 3 meters away, there was little chance to miss (and likely the 'aimbot' side of things made them hit your head), and no they also don't have any effect from taking a few shots- other than getting pissed off and knowing your exact location to shoot back at you.

No I don't think it does anything to AI reaction time.

From my observation it just tones down the 'aimbot' (but they still do pull off laser accurate shots time to time), helps their movement/use of cover, makes them investigate noise etc, and tweaks how effective they are at using smoke and grenades.

From 3 meters away, there was little chance to miss (and likely the 'aimbot' side of things made them hit your head), and no they also don't have any effect from taking a few shots- other than getting pissed off and knowing your exact location to shoot back at you.

Oh, so this could be the biggest advantage of ASR AI.

How about your squad mates rearming at enemy corpses? I've never seen such an action while using bCombat.

Edited by Bucic

Not really a good idea as they both control the same aspect and you'll just get conflicts...

Right that's what I thought but you can turn some features off in both mods and they run pretty damn well together. There is a conflict with danger.fsm files/scripts so I'm hoping someone has experimented more with it

How about your squad mates rearming at enemy corpses? I've never seen such an action while using bCombat.
maybe read the first post that lists all the features of what it does do?