fabrizio_t

[OPEN BETA] [SP] bCombat infantry AI Mod

How would you rate AI firing accuracy within bCombat v0.15?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate AI firing accuracy within bCombat v0.15?

• Way too low
    • A bit low
    • Almost fine
    • A bit high
    • Way too high

So is the new native (BIS) bullet detection currently in the stable version of ARMA 3? We can now use "bcombat_ballistics_native_handler = true;" in the stable version?

Thank you Fabrizio.

@Taydeer,yes you can and there is a decent FPS boost by doing so,but you may prefer Bdetect(false) option more.I personally need performance so i chose TRUE setting

Are you sure the stable v1.4 has bullet detection/ suppression running. Would be news to me...

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Are you sure the stable v1.4 has bullet detection/ suppression running. Would be news to me...

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Really?Isnt that what Fabrizio said to me a page back,when i asked about changing suppression?

Perhaps i read it wrong but when i set the option to true,AI Are becoming suppressed like in Bdetect but performance is better

I know it's on DEV but Stable ?

Well,i assume farbrizio assumed i was on stable when i asked as most people use stable it seems,and using it(set to true) in performance test seems to make a difference for me in FPS AND suppression is working,working more sharply infact.

Could be my immagination hopefully Fabrizio can confirm

Well,i assume farbrizio assumed i was on stable when i asked as most people use stable it seems,and using it(set to true) in performance test seems to make a difference for me in FPS AND suppression is working,working more sharply infact.

Welcome back man!

It's only on dev and only enabled in the 19th of mar patch on dev

Read post 487 at bottom

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149636-Development-Branch-Changelog/page49

Welcome back man!

Read post 487 at bottom

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149636-Development-Branch-Changelog/page49

Thanks Cosmic,

Thats interesting so i take it the AI getting suppresed is totally vanilla behaviour?? Because bdetect is OFF with the setting to true,im assuming.

While the native bullet detection is present in the stable build (making it possible for bCombat to use it for FPS boost), the native suppression feature is enabled only in the dev build. These two are separate items.

Suppression mechanic (both suppressive fire and seeking cover from, which are also separate items) is bCombat common feature, so you are going to see it no matter what detection method you choose. Unless you disable it.

Hi there!

I took brake from ArmA until the 1.40 is released (giving Marksmen DLC core features). I was wondering. Can I use bCombat the day one Marksmen DLC is released? Aren't there going to be some issues, e.g. conflict between the built-in and the bCombat suppresion implementations?

Welcome back man!

Read post 487 at bottom

See changelog:

* New: "bcombat_ballistics_native_handler" variable allowing usage of bDetect (false) or BIS native close-bullet detection (true). The latter is working only for ArmA 3 BETA build 1.39.129316 +

So 1.39.129316+ is fine for DEV build, not sure on STABLE.

Cannot exclude this, can't check at the moment.

---------- Post added at 23:05 ---------- Previous post was at 23:03 ----------

I intended to point out the possibility to run native bullet detection, as documented in changelog.

At the time it applied to DEV build.

I think bullet detection is implemented in stable as well. It's just that in stable the vanilla AI does not respond to it.

Am I wrong?

Hi,

please clarify the version numbers:

This thread says: 0.18final

Six says: 0.18.2

also the bcombat.pbo and the modfolder names differ.

Thx

Edited by mech

I was curious if there is a setting to make it so AI don't crawl in the middle of the open. I tried making a test mission in Utes, and it was going very well at first. But I see units crawling through the middle of the open which seems kind of silly.

I was curious if there is a setting to make it so AI don't crawl in the middle of the open. I tried making a test mission in Utes, and it was going very well at first. But I see units crawling through the middle of the open which seems kind of silly.

Yes, it would be nice to have this sorted but I suppose it is not easy.

ohhh please continue to develop this mod its awesome!!

---------- Post added at 10:08 ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 ----------

also where is the userconfig gone???

---------- Post added at 10:11 ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 ----------

Yes, it would be nice to have this sorted but I suppose it is not easy.

i also get this problem

Hi there!

I took brake from ArmA until the 1.40 is released (giving Marksmen DLC core features). I was wondering. Can I use bCombat the day one Marksmen DLC is released? Aren't there going to be some issues, e.g. conflict between the built-in and the bCombat suppresion implementations?

I would like to read Fabrizio's input on this.

I installed the Marksmen DLC RC update, and completely disabled bCombat since we can't turn off bCombat suppression (unless I missed something).

The vanilla AI seems to react much better than before (I noticed they are actually using the upper ground whenever they can; during a test on Chernarus, I saw one sniping from that rocky hill/mountain between Cherno & Elektro), but I do miss some features from Fabrizio's mod.

---------- Post added at 12:12 ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 ----------

also where is the userconfig gone???

There isn't any as far as I know; all settings are stored in the config.sqf file, inside the @mod folder.

I would like to read Fabrizio's input on this.

I installed the Marksmen DLC RC update, and completely disabled bCombat since we can't turn off bCombat suppression (unless I missed something).

You missed something :)

Open config.sqf (it's in the @bcombat folder). Lines 10 - 12 are:

[color=#00ff00]// Description: use BIS native close-cullet detection (true) or bDetect (false)[/color]

bcombat_ballistics_native_handler = [color=#ff8c00]false[/color];           [color=#00ff00] // (Boolean) Toggle feature on / off[/color]

So to turn off bdetect, set bcombat_ballistics_native_handler to true

You missed something :)

Open config.sqf (it's in the @bcombat folder). Lines 10 - 12 are:

[color=#00ff00]// Description: use BIS native close-cullet detection (true) or bDetect (false)[/color]

bcombat_ballistics_native_handler = [color=#ff8c00]false[/color];           [color=#00ff00] // (Boolean) Toggle feature on / off[/color]

So to turn off bdetect, set bcombat_ballistics_native_handler to true

This will only make sure that the mod uses BIS bullet detection method - it doesn't enable or disable bCombat suppression feature. :(

ohhh please continue to develop this mod its awesome!!

I expect Fab is still developing this mod but may be taking a step back in order to see what impact the marksman update has. Fab has created a very meticulous balance which in turn leads to fantastic AI behavior and it's hard to see how the marksman update wont change that in some way.

Fab quick thing. Not sure if you've thought about it or not, just wondered if it's worth having units that are in "AWARE" mode and are stationary for over ~20 seconds taking a knee. Just a thought.

#Bcombat still goto AI mod.

Woh, you're actually missing a lot of stuff in there!

Is it a PW6 install?

Fab quick thing. Not sure if you've thought about it or not, just wondered if it's worth having units that are in "AWARE" mode and are stationary for over ~20 seconds taking a knee. Just a thought.

That would be nice. However, units should move in the normal position in such circumstances and take a knee only when stationary, as you said.

This will only make sure that the mod uses BIS bullet detection method - it doesn't enable or disable bCombat suppression feature. :(

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood. Can't test it myself as I'm still running 1.38.

Woh, you're actually missing a lot of stuff in there!

Is it a PW6 install?

yes mate :/ please help lol

---------- Post added at 03:14 ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 ----------

right ok i forced pws to go back a version to 1.8.1 and its added all the missing files... i will see if i can go back to the latest version and keep my things

---------- Post added at 03:15 ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 ----------

ok latest version on pws removes all the files.

---------- Post added at 03:49 ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 ----------

1.18.1 > http://puu.sh/h4n17/b747d95b4a.png

1.18.2 > http://puu.sh/h4n4h/5226862c10.png

for reference