fabrizio_t

[OPEN BETA] [SP] bCombat infantry AI Mod

How would you rate AI firing accuracy within bCombat v0.15?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate AI firing accuracy within bCombat v0.15?

• Way too low
    • A bit low
    • Almost fine
    • A bit high
    • Way too high

There was never a config folder. You directly edit the "config.sqf" inside @bCombat folder.

I'm pretty sure early versions had a userconfig folder

I'm pretty sure early versions had a userconfig folder

yes it had config folder in ver 15-16 the config folder purpose was to set AI skills now those skills merged inside the main config.cpp file which is inside @bcombat.pbo in the addons folder although i still use the old @bcombat.pbo to point the mod to the costume config folder because i set the AI skills on my needs.

Is there a way to change the firerate on specific weapons? Working on a WW2 thing with Iron Front and the MG42s has a weird way of firing their bursts. I'd like to add more firetime to it. Instead of firing 10 bullets and then waiting 2 seconds and repeating that, I'd like them to fire for like 5-10 seconds instead. Give them more of a suppression feel to it.

Is there a way to change the firerate on specific weapons? Working on a WW2 thing with Iron Front and the MG42s has a weird way of firing their bursts. I'd like to add more firetime to it. Instead of firing 10 bullets and then waiting 2 seconds and repeating that, I'd like them to fire for like 5-10 seconds instead. Give them more of a suppression feel to it.

if im not wrong open config.sqf and find

bcombat_allow_suppressive_fire = true;

bcombat_suppressive_fire_duration = [0.1, 0.1]; increase those numbers as you want

bcombat_suppressive_fire_distance = [50, 150]; if you want longer range for MGs change 150 to whatever range you want

So I just played a mission and my squad team mates just kept throwing smoke grenades every 10 5 secs. Couldnt see anything. Anyway I can manually change this?

So I just played a mission and my squad team mates just kept throwing smoke grenades every 10 5 secs. Couldnt see anything. Anyway I can manually change this?

yes you can , open config.sqf find grenades and lower the amount or disable it ...

---------- Post added at 19:34 ---------- Previous post was at 18:45 ----------

Going to try bCombat on the newly released 1.40RC

1.40? ... where? when?

1.40? ... where? when?

New release candidate. Just input Arma3Update140RC as a beta access code in Steam.

New release candidate. Just input Arma3Update140RC as a beta access code in Steam.

thanks bro :D

Fab I'm back I didn't want to test anymore till I got a new pc that can actually get decent fps talking 45-50 so I can actually test....Anyway I tested the new 0.18 you put out and I see a few issues the Ai don't really take solid cover sometime, seems they Like to use bushes also at least one guy in a 4 man team is just standing around not shooting. Back in 0.16 version I could tell snipers to attack someone 800 meters out and they would after I say fire now it takes them a while to do so.My fps at that time was 45 so no issue with that. I will continue to test....

Very sorry to ask however I've been trying to get it resolved myself for a couple of days now - how do I change the config to allow surrendering on the Playwithsix download version?

I've added in a copy of the config.sqf from the armaholic version and have ensured that -noFilePatching is disabled: however it doesn't appear to have changed anything?

Sorry for asking, I've just exhausted all other options and am going around in circles now!

Cheers,

V

Does anyone know how to disable the notification "bcombat v0.18 started" on the upper right corner? It draws too much attention when mission start.

Very sorry to ask however I've been trying to get it resolved myself for a couple of days now - how do I change the config to allow surrendering on the Playwithsix download version?

I've added in a copy of the config.sqf from the armaholic version and have ensured that -noFilePatching is disabled: however it doesn't appear to have changed anything?

Sorry for asking, I've just exhausted all other options and am going around in circles now!

Cheers,

V

Hi,

you'll have to put config.sqf in this exact position, to be loaded:

<your ArmA3 main folder> / @bcombat / config.sqf

so you have to create a folder named @bcombat into your ArmA3 main folder.

Then put config.sqf there.

---------- Post added at 12:56 ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 ----------

Does anyone know how to disable the notification "bcombat v0.18 started" on the upper right corner? It draws too much attention when mission start.

Bottom of config.sqf, set:

bcombat_startup_hint = false;

Bottom of config.sqf, set:

bcombat_startup_hint = false;

Oh thanks.

1- AI call for support from near friends ( if theres any near by on some distance ) while they are taking a heavy beat by the enemy " CAS if theres any fighter or heli flying around - ARTYs - or any other unit from the same faction )

2- AI use the buildings ( they do take cover now near buildings but they don't garrison inside them )

3- more love for the tanks to make them as lethal as they should because tanks and APCs sucks now and very stupid they don't use their guns in a proper way and they are very easy targets for player and AI

these are just suggestion and in my opinion these are the only features Bcombat lacks at the time.

cheers

i would argue against adding the feature of allowing the enemy AI to call support.There are a couple of mods that do this and i found that this can cause real problems for scripted missions(AI leaving areas /patrol routes etc.HVT@s not being where they should be)I think this mod is pretty perfect as is. Thank you again for changing the NVG thing!

i would argue against adding the feature of allowing the enemy AI to call support.There are a couple of mods that do this and i found that this can cause real problems for scripted missions(AI leaving areas /patrol routes etc.HVT@s not being where they should be)I think this mod is pretty perfect as is. Thank you again for changing the NVG thing!

I totally agree with your point about the problems it may present, but perhaps it could be added as an elect in or out feature? Like some config setting or something.

Perhaps an optional feature but one that is DEFINATELY worth having in this mod. Would love it to also cover AI auto rearming and AI auto healing .... but I can dream !

but perhaps it could be added as an elect in or out feature? Like some config setting or something.

support call feature as fab said can be tricky , keep in mind support call can depend on lots of things to make AI call support like the attacking force weight same goes for the defending force a module can be included to active or deactivate the feature but keep in mind support call if done in a proper way can add new dimension to the gameplay imagine you're attacking an enemy location and they call support after they take a beat by your side this will extend the joy and make the winning side plans to take out the reinforcement's route , i tried this experience by using bcombat+AISS it was awesome except AISS gives random waypoint to all units even during combat so i had to disable AISS ...

Perhaps an optional feature but one that is DEFINATELY worth having in this mod. Would love it to also cover AI auto rearming and AI auto healing .... but I can dream !

rearming ... auto healing ... lets just dream :(

Hi,

Anyone knows if it's possible to override the settings from config.sqf at mission start?

For instance I'd like to make sure that bCombat doesn't add additional grenades for a mission I'm working on.

Would it be enough to set the related variables in the init.sqf of the mission file?

Fab I'm back I didn't want to test anymore till I got a new pc that can actually get decent fps talking 45-50 so I can actually test....Anyway I tested the new 0.18 with my new pc.. I see a few issues the Ai don't really take solid cover sometime, seems they Like to use bushes also at least one guy in a 4 man team is just standing around not shooting. Back in 0.16 version I could tell snipers to attack someone 800 meters out and they would after I say fire now it takes them a while to do so.My fps at that time was 45 so no issue with that. I will continue to test.... Does anyone have any of these issues

Edited by bravo409

Hi fabrizio,

Not sure if this request fits into bcombat scope. Would you consider to implement routines to force friendly AIs to regroup when in danger mode? Currently, when friendly AI units are in danger mode they refuse to move or regroup. This make flaking enemy almost impossible and it's very frustrating while it is a vital tactical move. It would be useful if AIs take the 'Regroup' command as top priority when team lead issues it while they are in danger mode.

As always thanks for the great mod.

O was wondering fif anyone knows how much this affects FPS? Im debating about using it but I dont want to sacrifice FPS (its on an ALIVE mission)

Thanks!

Haven't really tested it. But I use it in hetman war stories. It's often to see few AI squads fighting in opened terrain. I still got 40 - 50 fps. I guess a good way to benchmark would be to make a simple mission for a 20vs20 AI war. Turn bcombat on and off and observe. Just curious what mission are you playing?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk