fabrizio_t

[OPEN BETA] [SP] bCombat infantry AI Mod

How would you rate AI firing accuracy within bCombat v0.15?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate AI firing accuracy within bCombat v0.15?

• Way too low
    • A bit low
    • Almost fine
    • A bit high
    • Way too high

Does setUnitPos still work in A3? Have you tried that?

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setUnitPos

That's exactly the command I wanted to use, but while it works with vanilla A3, it's not working with BCombat. Something about the new AI is over-riding the setunitpos command.

I'm really hanging out for the command to use which is compatible with BCombat.

That's exactly the command I wanted to use, but while it works with vanilla A3, it's not working with BCombat. Something about the new AI is over-riding the setunitpos command.

I'm really hanging out for the command to use which is compatible with BCombat.

The AI only goes down when beeing fired upon, right? That behaviour is good! However, if you set them to standing, will they stand up again after their morale recovers?

The AI only goes down when beeing fired upon, right? That behaviour is good! However, if you set them to standing, will they stand up again after their morale recovers?

Posted a couple pages back:

The reason AI units are surrendering much more (too much, actually) with recent ArmA3 builds is that AI units are now notified much more frequently of same enemies by core AI routines.

Not sure whether it's a feature or a bug, since now the same enemy can be notified to some unit up to 10-20 times per-minute.

Previously a single enemy was usually notified to some unit no more than once in a whole battle, so the difference is striking.

This has effects on bCombat morale, which seems depleting at an excessive rate.

Interesting stuff.

Digging, testing and analyzing.

This sounds very significant. If spotting enemies lowers morale and they can be registering a single spotted enemy 10-20 times a minute, then it probably never recovers.

I just tested it, they go back to crouched, but not to standing as long as they know that an enemy is still there. Maybe use HMGs in the wathtowers? :D

Please help!

bcombat still ignore config.sqf file settings!

I use 0.17RC version.

I tried to use files from armaholic and github.

Also tried to disable all other addons.

Game launched without "-noFilePatching"

Thanks !

Edited by Boombastic

Please help!

bcombat still ignore config.sqf file settings!

I use 0.17RC version.

I tried to use files from armaholic and github.

Also tried to disable all other addons.

Game launched without "-noFilePatching"

Thanks !

Do other Mods work?

Very good work, I just wanted to say how good this is and that I'm a fan

I just tested it, they go back to crouched, but not to standing as long as they know that an enemy is still there. Maybe use HMGs in the wathtowers? :D

Seriously? HMG's in the watch tower is the only solution you guys have? :(

1) They won't fit in many towers

2) In those they fit in, many block the barrel in exactly the same way as crouching does. It's too low so shoots the wall.

3) If I want to put a man in a window, I have to use a HMG? That's crazy, and again, the window is often too high for the gun barrel.

Don't you guys make scenario's with towns or bases??? Do you only play in open ground with no windows/balcony's/towers/roof tops with ledges???

At this point, as much as I like BCombats pro's, i'm going to have to find some other AI mod :(

*EDIT: OH ACTUALLY- new thought. Is there an command I can use to disable the BCombat AI modifications for an individual unit?? Maybe something I put into the unit's initialisation? If so,I can just disable the BCombat for all my tower peeps while using it for everyone else. (fingers crossed)

Edited by owmyeye

After extensive testing I can confirm that bcombat does not work on dedi servers.

Do other Mods work?

yep, all other mods works without any problem...

I try, to disable this mod in config.sqf and have no result, while game is running, there is still message on the top right (Bcombat 0.17 running)

I try to disable this mod via settings just for indication - i check if this file work or not...

At the end i interested to disable surrender and flee behavior, but it doesn't work for me, bcombat ignore this settins in file :(

I even tried different launchers - no success :(

Edited by Boombastic

After extensive testing I can confirm that bcombat does not work on dedi servers.

wrong...

With such extensive testing you could at least make an extensive post to support your case. I'm pretty sure it does work - not the animations, but pretty much everything else :-) Turn de-bug on

yep, all other mods works without any problem...

I try, to disable this mod in config.sqf and have no result, while game is running, there is still message on the top right (Bcombat 0.17 running)

I try to disable this mod via settings just for indication - i check if this file work or not...

At the end i interested to disable surrender and flee behavior, but it doesn't work for me, bcombat ignore this settins in file :(

I even tried different launchers - no success :(

Sorry but I can only come to the conclusion that something is wrong on your end. :(

OK, let´s go through the installation process together.

Download Bcombat and put the folder inside your Arma 3 directory.

Rename it to @bcombat

open the folder and edit the config.sqf inside of it with notepad++

Scroll to line 268 and change

bcombat_remove_nvgoggles = true;

to

bcombat_remove_nvgoggles = false;

Save the file.

launch Arma 3 with only bcombat and the latest CBA (make sure that you have version RC4) active put @cba above @bcombat in the launcher.

Make sure that no other parameters are set inside the launcher.

Now bcombat should work and your guys should have their NVGs on their heads.

Any chance of adding resupply to the AI? Right now I find that they burn through ammo very quickly. Partly it's mission design, but still to be playable the AI needs to scavenge from the battlefield.

Does the module 'Spawn AI: Sector Tactic' override BCombat?

I just started using the module to guide AI units into the capture area in a Sector Control scenario and I noticed the AI acting really stupid. They just ran straight for the exact spot the Sector module was placed on and when they took fire, they just stood there shooting, not looking for cover, etc. I also noticed they aren't throwing smoke at all.

Does this mean that the Sector Tactic module is reverting the AI back to vanilla?

Wierdly enough, I think some elements of BCombat are still there. One such element is how AI can empty several magazines at each other from 5 meters away and still miss- if the skill level is not set high in the editor. I have screenshots of this happening. Usually I just place every unit with the skill slider set right up, but now i'm using this AI spawn module, they are spawning at a skill level which is woeful at close range.

If someone wants to be super cool and helpful, they can reply to THIS THREAD and tell me how I can change the spawned AI's skill level to be like if I had placed them in the editor with the slider all the way up.

It turns out for me that afther the update 1.38 bcombat breaks my fatigue. I do not get tired anymore with bcombat enabled! I ruled out the diffent mods I'm running and I only have to disable bcombat so I get again tired of lurking around with all my stuff...

Am I the only one?

It turns out for me that afther the update 1.38 bcombat breaks my fatigue. I do not get tired anymore with bcombat enabled! I ruled out the diffent mods I'm running and I only have to disable bcombat so I get again tired of lurking around with all my stuff...

Am I the only one?

Its enabled in bcombat userconfig by default to disable the arma 3 fatigue just go in there and set the allow fatigue to true instead of false

This has probaly been asked before but I can't find the answer. How do I toggle features on or off and tweak the configuration file config.sql

Fabrizio, I have noticed a strange problem with your mod recently. The enemy is not aggressive. Enemy barely shoots at you and just keep circling around when under fire. He is unable to create any pressure as if in loop of searching for cover and changing position. It is a duck hunt at 150m or so distances. Why is that? Something in config? Could you post your preferred settings? Thanks!

UPDATE:

They seem to prefer movement over shooting a bit too much in my opinion. In ideal situation, they should prefer movement only in order to find cover but after that they should fire as much as possible. Currently the vanilla AI is much more aggressive and challenging than bCombat. Also reactions of units in bCombat are slower than vanilla IMO.

UPDATE2:

Another big problem I have noticed is how easy is to kill enemies because of suppression. Imagine an enemy crossing a street sprinting. You start shooting at him and what he does? He immediately go prone and slowly tries to reach his destination. This is a very problematic behaviour in CQB and even at medium distances because enemy would be better just running as fast as he can to cover. Instead, he gets killed in the middle of the street just because he decided to go prone and crawl instead of running. I know this is probably very hard to fix but maybe AI could detect if there are obstacles for cover nearby and if yes it would prefer running instead of going prone even under fire? There is not such a problem with vanilla AI going prone too much in CQB. Vanilla tend to stay too much in the open though.

UPDATE3:

OK, I have disabled seeking cover in bCombat config and they seem to be more responsive and aggressive. Still not sure, yet.

Edited by Bouben

OK, now my config isn't working. I can change whatever in the config.sqf but it does not change stuff in the game. I downloaded bCombat from Armaholic.

EDIT: No matter what I change in the config.sqf it does not work accordingly. I am testing it on the latest DEV branch but I cannot imagine configs not being respected just because of running the DEV branch. I will try it on stable just to be sure, though.

EDIT2: OK, the problem was caused by the -nofilepatching parameter. Sorry for that.

Edited by Bouben

The AI I've place is not following the leader (me), they just stand there. How do I fix this?

EDIT: Never mind, I fixed it.

Edited by mal7house

Am I imagining it, or has the latest ARMA3 update turned the AI back into aimbots (even when using BCombat)?

I'm working on a scenario where a sniper attacks a town from the hilly woods (Bystrica). I have equiped the sniper with an mk18 with an SOS optic. The enemy on the other hand are simply AAF soldiers with their regular loadout. I'm cool with the fact that they start to return fire, even though i'm laying down and on the corner of a tree for cover- but how the hell does someone headshot me with a MK200 at 500m with less than a half dozen shots fired by his whole group?

I turned the difficulty slider on the unit down to about 65% but i'm not sure it's even making a difference at all. I also put a Leights/RHS mod unit down with a static M2 HMG (ironsight) and even though i'd only be an ant to aim at through the ironsights, he seems to be able to hit me in less than a half dozen shots too. I have his difficulty set to only a third or so, but he can still hit a target hundreds of meters away with having to spray.

Has something changed after the last game update, or did I just imagine that BCombat cured the aimbot??

is this mod dead? where is fabrizio? i don't see him replaying im really having some questions about bcombat