fabrizio_t

[OPEN BETA] [SP] bCombat infantry AI Mod

How would you rate AI firing accuracy within bCombat v0.15?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate AI firing accuracy within bCombat v0.15?

• Way too low
    • A bit low
    • Almost fine
    • A bit high
    • Way too high

Seems like Java is not working. Try uninstalling it and reinstalling it from scratch (download).

Yay!

Uninstall/Reinstall Java. Still no go.

Uninstall/Reinstall Java. Still no go.

If double clicking is not working, then you need to right click and choose "open with" >> "Java platform SE binary". That should do for you I think (if JVM is installed).

Also, go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin" and make all of (java.exe, javaw.exe & javaws.exe) run as administrator. Maybe even double clicking would work after that!

Edited by ahmedabdo

Yes the problem must be with Java on your machine. Try what ahmedabdo said.

Yay!

Hi,

[highlight]Solved![/highlight]

So, how do I make bCombat Settings work? More specifically where do I put the files?

If I put it in the default folders that come with the zip-file, I can execute the .jar file, but the config.sqf file being changed is the one in the "\bCombat-Settings-master\executable" folder, not the one in the bCombat folder.

If I move the "BCOMBAT SETTINGS.jar" file to the bCombat folder where it's version of the config.sqf resides, the .jar file won't execute... It only executes when put in its default folder setup.

How do I arrange the files and folders so it works?

Do I also have to manually copy the config.sqf back and forth?

[highlight]Solution:[/highlight]

I figured it out.

The format of the original config.sqf in bCombat folder must be wrong. Copying the one from the Settings folder makes it work. :)

Cheers :)

Edited by stlassen

Hi,

So, how do I make bCombat Settings work? More specifically where do I put the files?

If I put it in the default folders that come with the zip-file, I can execute the .jar file, but the config.sqf file being changed is the one in the "\bCombat-Settings-master\executable" folder, not the one in the bCombat folder.

If I move the "BCOMBAT SETTINGS.jar" file to the bCombat folder where it's version of the config.sqf resides, the .jar file won't execute... It only executes when put in its default folder setup.

How do I arrange the files and folders so it works?

Do I also have to manually copy the config.sqf back and forth?

I see that config.sqf is throwing off a lot of you: I'll add a note about its irrelevance with the next update in the README. No need to manually copy the config.sqf.

Regarding that other problem, it's damn strange. Let me check bCombat download, maybe there is something wrong in it and the file can't be parsed correctly by the .jar. This may also explain the problems other were having!

Yay!

EDIT: Ok , sorry this is my fault (GoPr0ne this solution is for you too). fabrizio_t still hasn't updated the config.sqf with the chars needed for my parsing to work: follow the instructions in this post and you will be set.

Those who downloaded the GUI right away probably saw it and modified it correctly, and those who came after missed it and did nothing. Sorry for the issue, I hope fabrizio_t will update his config.sqf soon.

Edited by Gliptal

Ok , sorry this is my fault (GoPr0ne this solution is for you too). fabrizio_t still hasn't updated the config.sqf with the chars needed for my parsing to work: follow the instructions in this post and you will be set.

Right! :)

[/i]EDIT: Ok , sorry this is my fault (GoPr0ne this solution is for you too). fabrizio_t still hasn't updated the config.sqf with the chars needed for my parsing to work: follow the instructions in this post and you will be set.

Those who downloaded the GUI right away probably saw it and modified it correctly, and those who came after missed it and did nothing. Sorry for the issue, I hope fabrizio_t will update his config.sqf soon.

Could I suggest that the config.sqf downloaded with Bcombat Settings be copied from Bcombat folder with the characters added in the correct place, so that the settings version could just replace the bcombat version in the bcombat folder. It might work a lot smoother for a lot of players until Fabrizio has time to update his config.sqf.

Could I suggest that the config.sqf downloaded with Bcombat Settings be copied from Bcombat folder with the characters added in the correct place, so that the settings version could just replace the bcombat version in the bcombat folder. It might work a lot smoother for a lot of players until Fabrizio has time to update his config.sqf.
Yes, by all means this is a viable solution.

Yay!

I see that config.sqf is throwing off a lot of you: I'll add a note about its irrelevance with the next update in the README. No need to manually copy the config.sqf.

Regarding that other problem, it's damn strange. Let me check bCombat download, maybe there is something wrong in it and the file can't be parsed correctly by the .jar. This may also explain the problems other were having!

Yay!

EDIT: Ok , sorry this is my fault (GoPr0ne this solution is for you too). fabrizio_t still hasn't updated the config.sqf with the chars needed for my parsing to work: follow the instructions in this post and you will be set.

Hi,

sorry for the hassle, i was involved in much traveling recently and had no chance to post back here.

I've just committed a modified v0.16 config.sqf, which adds the required tagging for BCOMBAT SETTINGS.

Here is the updated config.sqf:

https://github.com/fabrizioT/bCombat/blob/v0.16/config.sqf

I'd ask Gliptal to check it, just to be sure it works fine (i have no chance to check it myself at the moment).

Edited by fabrizio_T

Hi,

sorry for the hassle, i was involved in much traveling recently and had no chance to post back here.

I've just committed a modified v0.16 config.sqf, which adds the required tagging for BCOMBAT SETTINGS.

Here is the updated config.sqf:

https://github.com/fabrizioT/bCombat/blob/v0.16/config.sqf

I'd ask Gliptal to check it, just to be sure it works fine (i have no chance to check it myself at the moment).

That's perfect! :D

Yay!

I've downloaded the version 1.0.1 and it still seems to muddle up the variables for smoke grenades. Is it supposed to be fixed in this one? Maybe I messed it up.

Yes it should be fixed. I'll check later.

Yay!

EDIT:

BCOMBAT SETTINGS

[1.0.2]

- minor bug fixes

My bad. You must download this new version, unlike the previous one.

Yay!

Edited by Gliptal

I haven't tried this with the latest update(s), but it seems that something in bCombat doesn't like AI that don't have NVGs. I have a couple of missions made "at night" using UPSMON where a group is spawned when the previous group is killed. I've manually removed their NVGs and everytime a group respawns, I get an error telling me about "moon height" and needing NVGs. The error is pointing back to bcombat. Sorry, I don't have a screen shot of the error, but I'll try and grab one.

Same mission during the day doesn't not cause the error.

Fabrizio, I know you're out and about and probably not able to do anything right now, but figured I'd report it.

I haven't tried this with the latest update(s), but it seems that something in bCombat doesn't like AI that don't have NVGs. I have a couple of missions made "at night" using UPSMON where a group is spawned when the previous group is killed. I've manually removed their NVGs and everytime a group respawns, I get an error telling me about "moon height" and needing NVGs. The error is pointing back to bcombat. Sorry, I don't have a screen shot of the error, but I'll try and grab one.

Fabrizio, I know you're out and about and probably not able to do anything right now, but figured I'd report it.

Check the bCombat settings then. When using Gliptal´s .jar go for Tab "other Options" and look what u have activated there. Check if you have the "remove NVGoggles" option active

Hi!

I have reviewed the last 10 or so pages in hopes of finding someone with a similar problem as I. (Apologies if I have missed any explanation prior to said pages.) My java installation is up to date, but, when executing the .jar, I get a command window explaining some sort of error which immediately closes. Any insight into what I have done wrong? Again, apologies if this is a dumb *** question on my part.

Thanks.

Ok, please let me know the exact error message, so i can check it.

Hi!

I have reviewed the last 10 or so pages in hopes of finding someone with a similar problem as I. (Apologies if I have missed any explanation prior to said pages.) My java installation is up to date, but, when executing the .jar, I get a command window explaining some sort of error which immediately closes. Any insight into what I have done wrong? Again, apologies if this is a dumb *** question on my part.

Thanks.

Mine did that - reinstalling Java fixed it, even though the Java install gave some warning about the same file - after installation, I was able to run the jar. https://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

What error does it give?

Yay!

hi folks,

1000 thnx for your effort in ceating this wonderful mod.

is there any chance to bring bcombat to playwithsix?

Perhaps because he, like a large proportion of Arma-heads use it to propagate their mod compilations.

I would imagine fabrizio must be pretty pleased with the state of the mod, If you tied it up and called it dandy I would assume it was all good to go and would not know it was still a work in progress - so seems logical that people are now asking to have it released on Pw6 ?

Course, you could just be trolling... lol ;-)

SJ

Me trolling ? Never ;)

I'm sure when bCombat is finalised serjames it will be on PwS, even though I cannot stand it as a means for grabbing/updating content.

Aye I still prefer the old Updater... was so much more.... feature rich. BUT PW6 is what we have and for 90 of the unit we run it's the only way they will get their mods on-time before an op...

SJ

If double clicking is not working, then you need to right click and choose "open with" >> "Java platform SE binary". That should do for you I think (if JVM is installed).

Also, go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin" and make all of (java.exe, javaw.exe & javaws.exe) run as administrator. Maybe even double clicking would work after that!

That wasn't it, but thanks for the effort. Gliptal solved it below......

---------- Post added at 19:39 ---------- Previous post was at 19:34 ----------

[/i]EDIT: Ok , sorry this is my fault (GoPr0ne this solution is for you too). fabrizio_t still hasn't updated the config.sqf with the chars needed for my parsing to work: follow the instructions in this post and you will be set.

---------- Post added at 19:43 ---------- Previous post was at 19:39 ----------

Yay!

That was it. Thanks!!! I saw the info about this procedure before, but had gathered from the thread that that was already implemented in the config file that came with bCombat. Guess I never thought about going back and actually verifying that. My bad. I haven't had time to play with it yet, but making the changes to config.sqf does allow it to open, so !!Yay!!!

Thanks gain Gliptal!!!

Mine did that - reinstalling Java fixed it, even though the Java install gave some warning about the same file - after installation, I was able to run the jar. https://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

I still cannot run jar unfortunately. Is it not possible to edit bcombat's different settings through a text editor or is it just not recommended?

---------- Post added at 20:33 ---------- Previous post was at 20:31 ----------

What error does it give?

Yay!

Not sure, the message closes so quickly I can only make out the first word (Error:) or so.