fabrizio_t

[OPEN BETA] [SP] bCombat infantry AI Mod

How would you rate AI firing accuracy within bCombat v0.15?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate AI firing accuracy within bCombat v0.15?

• Way too low
    • A bit low
    • Almost fine
    • A bit high
    • Way too high

ok so can i activate this in game while im playing ..also what button do I use to bring it up in game if it is usable in game sorry for dumb questions not cribby with this gui stuff

No, this only works before launching the game: just execute it like a normal program, tweak the settings and then play.

Yay!

Check here if you have the JVM installed.

Yay!

if i run internet dont i have java installed one would think cause it uses java for browsers

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

check it java is installed and still doesn't open I put the jar file next to the config in the bcombat floder and still nothing

Works fine on my machine. How are you executing it?

Oh, to everyone: remember that if you want to share a particular combination of settings with someone else, you can just send the .PRST file and have it loaded using the GUI on the receiving end.

Yay!

I tried executing by open with Java and also just by double clicking on it like regular exe

Check here if you have the JVM installed.

Yay!

Gliptal ~ One quick question and my apologies if it's a dumb one. I notice in your executable file there is a config.sqf as well. Am I supposed to merge that file with the one already in the bCombat addon folder? I just moved the .jar file in there and created a desktop shortcut to it, which doesn't work. The java test page indicates java is installed on my pc.

Thanks for your efforts!

Gliptal ~ One quick question and my apologies if it's a dumb one. I notice in your executable file there is a config.sqf as well. Am I supposed to merge that file with the one already in the bCombat addon folder? I just moved the .jar file in there and created a desktop shortcut to it, which doesn't work. The java test page indicates java is installed on my pc.

Thanks for your efforts!

No, that .sqf is just there as reference.

It seems like both of you have problems starting the program: point is, it should fire up even if it isn't in the correct folder (albeit it wouldn't work correctly). I'll look into this and see what the problem may be.

In the meantime, try executing the program directly (without using the shortcut). Does a file named "REVERT" appear in the folder?

Yay!

Edited by Gliptal

I like to increase the distance that groups go into combat mode to around 350-450m. This results in very good tactical combat between groups. Me likey !

........In the meantime, try executing the program directly (without using the shortcut). Does a file named "REVERT" appear in the folder?

Yay!

No. Nothing happens at all. I've tried executing the file itself as well as the shortcut. I'm not a Java expert. But does having the latest Java 7 installed mean that Java VM is installed as well? Maybe that's the problem.....?

---------- Post added at 22:42 ---------- Previous post was at 22:41 ----------

Run as administrator perhaps?

No option to run the file as administrator in the context menu.

Seems like Java is not working. Try uninstalling it and reinstalling it from scratch (download).

Yay!

Gliptal, is there a way to insert the descriptions back into the config.sqf. Its nice to know what exactly each setting does. I know for the most part what they do. but for the new comers. It is a nice touch to see a short description beside the variable..

And looking at the config.sqf.

some of the settings are getting misplaced..

for instance i Just downloaded from your link in your Sig (Gliptal). Within the config.sqf, there is a variable::

bcombat_smoke_grenades_distance = [75,250,0]; (this is the original variable... )

Within Gliptal's config this is the same variable:

bcombat_smoke_grenades_distance = 2; (from Gliptal's config)

As you can see the variable is a distance...

In Gliptals config its "2"...

if you look it is painfully obvious that the settings are in the WRONG places... so no wonder why things are not working right...

Gliptal you need to go threw your config.sqf and make sure all the variables are in their right places...

Original config.sqf:

bcombat_allow_smoke_grenades = true; // (Boolean) Toggle feature on / off

bcombat_smoke_grenades_additional_number = 0; // (Number) number of additional smoke grenades to be automatically ADDED to unit loadout

bcombat_smoke_grenades_distance = [75,250,0]; // (Array) [ minimum distance, maximum distance, min. distance from target for friendly units]

bcombat_smoke_grenades_timeout = [15, 10];

Gliptal config.sqf:

bcombat_allow_smoke_grenades = true;

bcombat_smoke_grenades_distance = 2;

bcombat_smoke_grenades_timeout = [50,250,0];

bcombat_smoke_grenades_additional_number = [15, 10];

Edited by Lordprimate

Just hover for a few moments on the variable name or field and a tooltip will show up with the description.

Yay!

Just hover for a few moments on the variable name or field and a tooltip will show up with the description.

Yay!

ok in your .exe there are tooltips. ok.

Then there is the issue about the misplaced variables.

it looks like all the rest are good except the SMOKE related variables ... that actuall numbers are in the wrong places..

for instance the _smoke_distance = .... that should be [number,number,number];.. in your config, Gliptal, you have it set as "0".... that is not a distance... look and see these lines:

bcombat_smoke_grenades_distance = 0;

bcombat_smoke_grenades_timeout = [75,250,0];

bcombat_smoke_grenades_additional_number = [15, 10];

they should be rearranged as such... because the above code is not going to work right....

bcombat_smoke_grenades_distance = [75,250,0];

bcombat_smoke_grenades_timeout = [15, 10];

bcombat_smoke_grenades_additional_number = 0;

And didn't you say that the variables all had to keep their original arrangement... looking at the original config its clear that they have all been reorganized. whats up with that. just curious. Because im sure that the above result is because of the rearrangement. anywho im going to have to pass on this .exe until these variables are fixed ill just do it the old fashion way, with notepad++. its easypeezy

That's an unintended bug, i'll fix it ASAP. As I said when I released this, the sheer amount of variables could have let bugs to slip in.

Regarding the rearrangement, it is just visual (the new order is mine and based on a more consistent feel): in the config file itself the variables are always in the same order. What happened there is that those three initial values were unadvertently mixed.

Yay!

Ok it should be fixed now. It actually wasn't a bug itself but rather a sort of displacement of the initial set values.

Thank you Lordprimate! You'll have to wait for the upload though since I'm having an exam in just a few minutes. :D

Yay!

BCOMBAT SETTINGS

[1.0.1]

- minor bug fixes

There is no need to download this version if everything was ok with the last one.

Yay!

Thx for the update :) What is this "revert" in the userconfig? Cause when i am done with the .jar file i only press "Save".

Have i to create an own File then? After i did saved (named Config) that file was saved as "CONFIG.PRST", so need i have to delete this revert file?

Confusion^^

The button 'REVERT' will, as stated in the readme, "cancels any changes you made by reloading the values that were set just before the program was run". The file "REVERT" is used to store these initial values: you can leave it be, it will cause no harm; besides, if you delete it, it will be created again the next time you start the .jar.

Regarding presets, I think you misunderstood how they work: for starters, the values are applied to the correct config.sqf as soon as you press 'APPLY' in the lower right. Let's say now you want to create two totally different set of parameter values (maybe one for high difficulty and one for low): normally, you'd have to keep two copies of the .sqf, and juggle between them by renaming the one you don't want to use.

With presets, you can just save these two set of parameters using the 'SAVE' button: now whenever you want to change to the desired settings, you can simply execute the .jar and select the wanted preset from the drop down menu.

Remember to check the README on github (my signature has the link) if you have doubts, you might find some answers there too! :D

Yay!

So that means i have 2 presets from which i can choose, the edited default and the Preset which i´ve created today, is that correct, Sir? ^^ :)

If I got you correctly, yes it is correct.

Yay!