fabrizio_t

[OPEN BETA] [SP] bCombat infantry AI Mod

How would you rate AI firing accuracy within bCombat v0.15?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate AI firing accuracy within bCombat v0.15?

• Way too low
    • A bit low
    • Almost fine
    • A bit high
    • Way too high

That makes sense, but i have ai spawning on both headless Client and the server, and there are also ai under the clients groups. Does that mean that bcombat should be running on all the machines?

Sounds like the typical warfare scenario. When your doing it that way without requiring mods, you just run it both on server and hc, but clients who run it will always have the edge on those who don't. And some clients may even prefer their own choices over bcombat as well. It's always best to key all the ones you know work.

Hi fabrizio,

can you tell me how to go about lowering the ai accuracy in hte init.I looked at its valuse,and honestly it confused me.I saw AI skill etc,but its written there a few times,in two inits i believe.Could you direct me on what to do?The aim accuracy for me,is a little high,i like drawn out fights and being able to peek out of cover for more than a few seconds.

Help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Hi fabrizio,

can you tell me how to go about lowering the ai accuracy in hte init.I looked at its valuse,and honestly it confused me.I saw AI skill etc,but its written there a few times,in two inits i believe.Could you direct me on what to do?The aim accuracy for me,is a little high,i like drawn out fights and being able to peek out of cover for more than a few seconds.

Help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

In the userconfig/bcombat_config.hpp, I changed the following line:

aimingAccuracy[] = {0,0.07,1,0.35}; // {0,0.07,1,0.65}

I've been pretty happy with the results. I played the last part of the campaign with these values and they worked pretty well.

what is this under 0.15 or class cfgaiskill-----the config I have has this

// Default ArmA3 config

class CfgAISkill

{

aimingAccuracy[] = {0,0,1,1};

aimingSpeed[] = {0,0.5,1,1};

aimingShake[] = {0,0,1,1};

endurance[] = {0,0,1,1};

spotDistance[] = {0,0.2,1,0.4};

spotTime[] = {0,0,1,0.7};

courage[] = {0,0,1,1};

reloadSpeed[] = {0,0,1,1};

commanding[] = {0,0,1,1};

general[] = {0,0,1,1};

};

// v0.14

class CfgAISkill

{

aimingAccuracy[] = {0,0,1,0.7};

aimingSpeed[] = {0,0.3,1,1};

endurance[] = {0,0,1,1};

spotDistance[] = {0,0.3,1,0.6};

spotTime[] = {0,0.2,1,1};

courage[] = {0,0,1,1};

reloadSpeed[] = {0,0.2,1,1};

commanding[] = {0,0.3,1,1};

general[] = {0,0,1,1};

};

// v0.15

class CfgAISkill

{

aimingAccuracy[] = {0,0,1,0.7};

endurance[] = {0,0,1,1};

spotDistance[] = {0,0.2,1,0.6};

courage[] = {0,0,1,1};

commanding[] = {0,0.2,1,1};

general[] = {0,0,1,1};

};

*/

class CfgAISkill

{

aimingAccuracy[] = {0,0.07,1,0.7};

endurance[] = {0,0,1,1};

spotDistance[] = {0,0.1,1,0.3};

courage[] = {0,0,1,1};

commanding[] = {0,0.2,1,1};

general[] = {0,0,1,1};

};

Hi, I'm not sure if these are feasible but I have the following functionality requests:

1) Option to specify enemy skill and friendly skill separately. Currently when I lower AI skill, it's applied to both enemy and friendly (am I right?), making dumb team members even worse and virtually useless, even with mighty bCombat.

2) Option to disable or minimize friendly fire damage. When I'm shot and killed during combat, about three out of five times it's done by team members. And quite often they kill each other lol. For the moment my workaround is sending them to flank position, but such tactics are not always available depending on situations.

3) Option to make enemy soldiers more vulnerable to bullet hits and explosions, so that I can kill them with one or two well placed shots. Currently enemy soldiers are too tough, as if they are dispatched from the assembly line of cyberdyne systems. When I shoot their body, arms or legs, they can withstand more than five shots. So I try to shoot them in the heads as much as possible, but they even withstand one or two direct head shots very often.

I will appreciate your consideration. Thanks!

Hi, I'm not sure if these are feasible but I have the following functionality requests:

1) Option to specify enemy skill and friendly skill separately. Currently when I lower AI skill, it's applied to both enemy and friendly (am I right?), making dumb team members even worse and virtually useless, even with mighty bCombat.

2) Option to disable or minimize friendly fire damage. When I'm shot and killed during combat, about three out of five times it's done by team members. And quite often they kill each other lol. For the moment my workaround is sending them to flank position, but such tactics are not always available depending on situations.

3) Option to make enemy soldiers more vulnerable to bullet hits and explosions, so that I can kill them with one or two well placed shots. Currently enemy soldiers are too tough, as if they are dispatched from the assembly line of cyberdyne systems. When I shoot their body, arms or legs, they can withstand more than five shots. So I try to shoot them in the heads as much as possible, but they even withstand one or two direct head shots very often.

I will appreciate your consideration. Thanks!

2 and 3 are already available via the config file.

2 and 3 are already available via the config file.

Thanks for the comment.

I think bcombat_allow_friendly_capped_damage can prevent team members killing each other, but they still can shoot and kill me. For testing, I set the damage cap to zero but friendly fire still damaged me.

As for bcombat_damage_multiplier, is this only applied to AI soldiers? If the damage increase is also applied to me (= the player) it's not something I am looking for.

There is one feature I would love to have in Bcombat. Groups should share information about enemys with other nearby groups after a certain ammount of time. What I curretly see happen a lot is if I play as a sniper and shot at one group, other nearby groups won´t react at all to this.

There is one feature I would love to have in Bcombat. Groups should share information about enemys with other nearby groups after a certain ammount of time. What I curretly see happen a lot is if I play as a sniper and shot at one group, other nearby groups won´t react at all to this.

I spawn my units with UPSMON script and it works great... they react and communicate with each other.

Fabrizio said this (essential) feature will be probably in the upcoming version.

With _this feature+AI's tweaked hearing on shots/explosions ..at last finally we won't have a chance :)

ASR AI 3 does this nicely. I use it in conjunction (minus the ASR_AI3_SysDanger PBO to avoid any danger.fsm conflicts).

ASR AI 3 does this nicely. I use it in conjunction (minus the ASR_AI3_SysDanger PBO to avoid any danger.fsm conflicts).

You sure that the two mods work together like that?

I believe that functionality is part of SysDanger, if you exclude it you don't get it.

sysdanger:

- AI share info about threats with other groups in their proximity if they have radios. Enhances awareness for groups that are not directly in contact with an enemy.

The best way to incorporate squad links ATM is to use scripts like UPSMON/GAIA or ALIVE.

Downloaded 0.16 latest version and it keeps giving me script errors - undeclared variable on degredation distance. Have I done something wrong on installation? I have CBA_A3 beta 5.

Should I go back to 0.15?

Thats not the updates I was looking for I just want to see what was coming up.Like what is his focus on and what things he changing ect.

If there is a updated version it would show on the first page, unless the author doesn't give a fuck.

Is there a way to modify friendly vs opfor skill levels? I'm trying to find a balance where SP is 'fun' where half your squad isn't wiped out in every engagement. I'm trying to balance out the SP campaign where at the start you aren't the squad leader so you can't blame tactics on me.

Fab any updates?

No update, i'm experimenting a bit with AI accuracy, i dislike it being so bad at close distance.

Small improvements may come with v0.16 final.

Other than that i'm quite short on time due to job duties, so less time for modding at the moment.

---------- Post added at 18:55 ---------- Previous post was at 18:52 ----------

If there is a updated version it would show on the first page, unless the author doesn't give a fuck.

Official releases are to be frontpaged, while development and RC builds are not.

Whatever time it takes :)

---------- Post added at 19:09 ---------- Previous post was at 18:55 ----------

Thats not the updates I was looking for I just want to see what was coming up.Like what is his focus on and what things he changing ect.

v0.17 should bring a new major feature, which is group communication (radios).

Other stuff is in the pipeline mid-term, here is some insight:

* Behaviour-related skill modifiers: e.g. groups in SAFE mode having slow reactions and more prone to break if surprised by enemy (ambush).

* AI "buddy" system, e.g. units prefering moving in couples while in combat.

* Ammo conservation routines: to be fair so far my experiments involving controlling AI rate-of-fire by script miserably failed, but i'm still looking for a solution ( without config editing ).

* Enhanced AT targeting prioritization.

* Automatic pseudo-dismissed mode for idle groups, e.g. units able to automatically roam locally - i hate seeing groups staying lined into formation all the time. They look weird and are vulnerable (you may sneak them from behind).

No ETA nor warranty on all this!

Edited by fabrizio_T

Whenever they come, those features would be awesome!

e.g. groups in SAFE mode having slow reactions and more prone to break if surprised by enemy (ambush).

Now THERE is a man who appreciates the scope/existence of other behavior choices then "Default/Aware" :D

Really lookin' forward for this and for other things you mentioned

This sounds fab, Fab :) Really looking forward to helping test this bad boy. Anyway, one thing that I have never seen in Arma3 (or any Arma to think about it) is troops walking backwards ocassionally when the tail man of a formation (normally line). In RL, you see the tail man doing this every so often to make sure noone is sneaking up. Is this even possible ?