fabrizio_t

[OPEN BETA] [SP] bCombat infantry AI Mod

How would you rate AI firing accuracy within bCombat v0.15?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate AI firing accuracy within bCombat v0.15?

• Way too low
    • A bit low
    • Almost fine
    • A bit high
    • Way too high

Hi Fab, just want to say thanks for this great mod. Your AI mod is by far my favourite of all I have tried. I have not seen the question raised to you so I apologise if you have answered it before. I was just wondering why you have not uploaded it to Play withSIX. Dont mind updating it by coming to this forum, but if its on pw6 you would reach a lot of more people ( and help lazy people like me ;) ). Once again, thank you and keep up the good work!

Fab what is the best value for this if my fps is 25/30....

.bcombat_cqb_radar = true; // (Boolean) Toggle feature on / off

bcombat_cqb_radar_clock = [0.5, 2]; // (Seconds) internal feaures clocking. Never use values below 0.1 ( = 10 times / second).

bcombat_cqb_radar_max_distance = 100; // (Meters) Features are activated under this distance

bcombat_cqb_radar_params = [104, 5, 0, 5]; // (Array) [max. angle, min. precision, min. knowsabout, max enemy .speed] - Don't edit this.

Also what is lowerground penalty used for no description about it sorry

Maybe it would be nice if the AI couldn´t shoot for a second after beeing hit.

Say does the AI become less precise when wounded?

It becomes less precise when its morale is hit, whatever the cause.

Since any wound conveys a morale hit then yes, accuracy is affected.

That's temporary however (think of it like a shock effect).

That said any wounded units keep recovering morale more slowly than healthy units, so they're more vulnerable.

---------- Post added at 17:31 ---------- Previous post was at 17:28 ----------

Fab what is the best value for this if my fps is 25/30....

.bcombat_cqb_radar = true; // (Boolean) Toggle feature on / off

bcombat_cqb_radar_clock = [0.5, 2]; // (Seconds) internal feaures clocking. Never use values below 0.1 ( = 10 times / second).

bcombat_cqb_radar_max_distance = 100; // (Meters) Features are activated under this distance

bcombat_cqb_radar_params = [104, 5, 0, 5]; // (Array) [max. angle, min. precision, min. knowsabout, max enemy .speed] - Don't edit this.

Also what is lowerground penalty used for no description about it sorry

I think it's fine as it is.

Lower ground penalty means that units on lower ground suffer more suppression penalty, while their suppressive fire is less effective against units on higher ground.

So avoid frontal attacks uphill. You'd better suppress & flank by splitting group into 2 teams.

Attacking enemy on flank / back lessens the penalty you get for attacking from lower ground, but you'd better pin down enemy before, our you'll be suppressed on the way around ;)

Edited by fabrizio_T

Well to me it seems as if wounded soldiers remain pretty accurate.

with the latest arma update, i dont think the mod works properly anymore. I think the guy who made this mod knows better than the recent guy that Bohemia hired for the Ai. they should hire this one.

Edited by killerwhale

with the latest arma update, i dont think the mod works properly anymore.

What specifically is no longer working?

you need to turn of dev mode.

edit your config.sqf in the @bcombat folder and set bcombat_dev_mode = false;

I posted a similar report on ASR AI's thread, but as for my environment AI tweak mods no longer seem working correctly.

I was using ASR AI to tone down AI OPFOR's inhuman reflection and laser accuracy, but the latest BIS update probably changed/broke something and AI restored its superhuman marksmanship. No matter how low the accuracy value, they spot me instantly and one-shot-one-kill. I tried this bCombat and Zeu CfgAIskill but having the same result.

Aside from this, AI squad mates are now acting quite weirdly. While on the move they suddenly say "standing by" with no apparent reason and stop moving. Or they suddenly move into a building and won't come out no matter what command I give. And so on.

I'm gonna do complete uninstall and fresh install of ARMA3 to make sure it's not caused by broken installation, but I will appreciate if fabrizio_T will look into this issue.

I haven't played a lot recently, especially as a squad leader, but with 0.16RC2 I'm noticing that AI on my team are often getting orders from the mod rather than from me. For example, I often see "Ready" or "Engage" under their names when I haven't given them explicit orders. Is this a new feature or something that slipped through? I thought there was a discussion earlier about bcombat not taking AI squad-mates out of the player's control, but I don't remember the exact details.

Aside from this, AI squad mates are now acting quite weirdly. While on the move they suddenly say "standing by" with no apparent reason and stop moving. Or they suddenly move into a building and won't come out no matter what command I give.

Thanks for the heads-up.

I found a bug causing player led units still being commanded to (move and) investigate explosions / dead bodies while in combat.

This explains the undesired moving / standby.

That's fixed in my internal build, will be released with v0.16 FINAL.

---------- Post added at 12:20 ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 ----------

I was using ASR AI to tone down AI OPFOR's inhuman reflection and laser accuracy, but the latest BIS update probably changed/broke something and AI restored its superhuman marksmanship. No matter how low the accuracy value, they spot me instantly and one-shot-one-kill. I tried this bCombat and Zeu CfgAIskill but having the same result.

Sorry but i can't reproduce this with bCombat RC2 on latest DEV build.

While accuracy at distance seems marginally higher, close quarter accuracy is still horribly low.

Bullets / casualty ratio is about 50 - 60 in average for me.

Did you tried bCombat WITH Zeus CfgAIskill?

If so please consider that accuracy settings from the latter (ZEUS) may override CfgAISkill of the former (bCombat), causing unpredictable results, e.g uber-accuracy or super-spotting capabilities.

---------- Post added at 12:26 ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 ----------

Well to me it seems as if wounded soldiers remain pretty accurate.

As i said they slowly recover to original accuracy.

I'll consider further dampening their accuracy (e.g. capping it).

---------- Post added at 12:28 ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 ----------

with the latest arma update, i dont think the mod works properly anymore.

Please elaborate on this, thx.

Edited by fabrizio_T

i played using this last night. it was amazing, i really loved it; however, playing in a 4man coop mission, my teammates pc's were bogged down pretty bad. we disabled the cqb as stated in the instructions. fabrizio i didn't use it before the big update from bi. was the mod always this taxing on the cpu?

Please elaborate on this, thx.

i have noticed that units are back to their default behavior when they are being fired upon, no quick response to fire being fired at them. standing around, thinking and finishing their smoke before they take a look who is firing at them.

i played using this last night. it was amazing, i really loved it; however, playing in a 4man coop mission, my teammates pc's were bogged down pretty bad. we disabled the cqb as stated in the instructions. fabrizio i didn't use it before the big update from bi. was the mod always this taxing on the cpu?

I haven't seen any bogging down with bCombat and I use hundreds of AI. Something it wrong with your mission or your mates PC.

Is anyone seeing better results with 1.14 or is it better with DEV version?

I haven't seen any bogging down with bCombat and I use hundreds of AI. Something it wrong with your mission or your mates PC.

maybe it was because i was using it with EOS. you think so?

Sorry but i can't reproduce this with bCombat RC2 on latest DEV build.

While accuracy at distance seems marginally higher, close quarter accuracy is still horribly low.

Bullets / casualty ratio is about 50 - 60 in average for me.

Did you tried bCombat WITH Zeus CfgAIskill?

If so please consider that accuracy settings from the latter (ZEUS) may override CfgAISkill of the former (bCombat), causing unpredictable results, e.g uber-accuracy or super-spotting capabilities.

Thank you for the quick response, fabrizio_T. Only mods I use with bCombat is CBA and TPW, so zeu CfgAISkill woudn't cause the problem. However, today I realized that TPW's EBS component (which gives suppression behavior to AI soldiers) might conflict with bCombat so I tried individually disabling this TPW EBS. I have played several missions since then, and so far the AI's inhuman accuracy and strange behavior seem resolved. If this conflict was causing the issues, it's simply my oversight. I'm sorry.

By the way, is it possible to manually edit bCombat to lower OPFOR's accuracy further? bCombat's current accuracy is a bit higher than my taste and would like to lower a little bit.

Thank you for the quick response, fabrizio_T. Only mods I use with bCombat is CBA and TPW, so zeu CfgAISkill woudn't cause the problem. However, today I realized that TPW's EBS component (which gives suppression behavior to AI soldiers) might conflict with bCombat so I tried individually disabling this TPW EBS. I have played several missions since then, and so far the AI's inhuman accuracy and strange behavior seem resolved. If this conflict was causing the issues, it's simply my oversight. I'm sorry.

By the way, is it possible to manually edit bCombat to lower OPFOR's accuracy further? bCombat's current accuracy is a bit higher than my taste and would like to lower a little bit.

Yes, TPW EBS should be disabled (as colliding), whereas other TPW features should cope well witt bCombat.

I'm considering adding some accuracy multiplier into config.sqf.

At the moment you can tweak accuracy by lowering ingame difficulty settings, or by editing relevant settings into bcombat_config.hpp (game restart needed).

---------- Post added at 11:49 ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 ----------

i have noticed that units are back to their default behavior when they are being fired upon, no quick response to fire being fired at them. standing around, thinking and finishing their smoke before they take a look who is firing at them.

That's strange.

I noticed some weird behaviour in nightly CQB, but other than that no major issues.

Try running bCombat with debug on, check whether you see balloons changing color.

---------- Post added at 11:51 ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 ----------

Is anyone seeing better results with 1.14 or is it better with DEV version?

I'm running on DEV and i get lower FPS.

Seems each patch that was released after 1.08 further lowered performance for me.

---------- Post added at 11:52 ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 ----------

maybe it was because i was using it with EOS. you think so?

Possible. Care to try without it?

For those who have tried it on a dedicated server, have you bcombat installed on only the server or on the server and all the clients??

needs to be on whatever is spawning the ai.. so normally the host machine, i.e. dedicated.

needs to be on whatever is spawning the ai.. so normally the host machine, i.e. dedicated.

That makes sense, but i have ai spawning on both headless Client and the server, and there are also ai under the clients groups. Does that mean that bcombat should be running on all the machines?

i.e. Alive ?

Then yes ideally.

SJ

Yes with alive :)

Have just played with my friend on my server, with bcombat. Really great addon :) thanks for this...