fabrizio_t

[OPEN BETA] [SP] bCombat infantry AI Mod

How would you rate AI firing accuracy within bCombat v0.15?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate AI firing accuracy within bCombat v0.15?

• Way too low
    • A bit low
    • Almost fine
    • A bit high
    • Way too high

Shag, if you look in the bcombat_config.hpp, there are three sets of skill array groups. You'll notice the top set is the Arma 3 default settings:

aimingAccuracy[] = {0,0,1,1};

aimingSpeed[] = {0,0.5,1,1};

aimingShake[] = {0,0,1,1};

endurance[] = {0,0,1,1};

spotDistance[] = {0,0.2,1,0.4};

spotTime[] = {0,0,1,0.7};

courage[] = {0,0,1,1};

reloadSpeed[] = {0,0,1,1};

commanding[] = {0,0,1,1};

general[] = {0,0,1,1};

Just simply apply the above settings to the bottom group as it's that bottom group which is uncommented so the one actually read by the game.

I don't use bcombat yet; I've just gone and watched two 3 minute videos.

In the first one, a soldier bounced a grenade off a house right in front of his face, killing himself. In the second, a machinegunner attempted to throw a frag at enemies 200m away. It landed right on top of his group leader.

So it's probably worth examining grenade behavior.

I changed my accuracy settings manually in the configs, now I try this mod everyone seems a little inaccurate. Does anyone has a link to where I can find the standard arma 3 accuracy settings please?

If you are referring to your profile file, please look at my comments here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?171436-OPEN-BETA-SP-bCombat-infantry-AI-Mod&p=2600969&viewfull=1#post2600969

---------- Post added at 21:05 ---------- Previous post was at 21:01 ----------

I don't use bcombat yet; I've just gone and watched two 3 minute videos.

In the first one, a soldier bounced a grenade off a house right in front of his face, killing himself. In the second, a machinegunner attempted to throw a frag at enemies 200m away. It landed right on top of his group leader.

So it's probably worth examining grenade behavior.

Grenade throwing works decent normally, but sure fine-tuning will help.

Sadly current stable build broke grenades feature altogether, so no testing can be done unless BIS fixes selectweapon bugs.

The 200m away grenade throwing was a known issue for v0.15, already solved (or lessened at least).

That grenade was supposed to be a smoke grenade.

Shag, if you look in the bcombat_config.hpp, there are three sets of skill array groups. You'll notice the top set is the Arma 3 default settings:

aimingAccuracy[] = {0,0,1,1};

aimingSpeed[] = {0,0.5,1,1};

aimingShake[] = {0,0,1,1};

endurance[] = {0,0,1,1};

spotDistance[] = {0,0.2,1,0.4};

spotTime[] = {0,0,1,0.7};

courage[] = {0,0,1,1};

reloadSpeed[] = {0,0,1,1};

commanding[] = {0,0,1,1};

general[] = {0,0,1,1};

Just simply apply the above settings to the bottom group as it's that bottom group which is uncommented so the one actually read by the game.

Thank you :)

On Veteran I feel when enemy flanks me, they sometimes seem to spray bullets all around me when they should be hitting. Think the accuracy levels may need further refinement.

AI behaviour does seem dramatically better though. Except sometimes AI seems to hit the deck and crawl around when in the open. Perhaps under heavy fire they flee to nearest cover more?

EDIT: After another hours play I am loving it. The Ai is very aggressive and I think that really helps them pin you and flank. If you are outnumbered you're kind of in trouble, as it should be.

Maybe when AI is defending, they can be a little too aggressive at times, leaving heavy cover to assault you.

Really loving the mod though, excellent work :)

Edited by Shagulon

Fabrizio,

consider putting a link to issues you'd like voted up in your signature. I voted up the issue: "0014177: selectWeapon "Put" or "Throw" won't stay on" but I wasn't sure I that was the only issue setting bcombat back. Help us help you help us.

I just noticed that you're unable to place explosives, mines, etc. with bCombat enabled... Maybe related to some of the bugged functions mentioned earlier in this thread.

Now I downloaded the Dev build from github, is there a way to get rid of the debug balls? The debug monitor is alright.

Now I downloaded the Dev build from github, is there a way to get rid of the debug balls? The debug monitor is alright.

Set the following in the config.sfq to false

bcombat_dev_mode = true;	

Ah, just looked into the file under a3\userconfig and not in the addon dir. Thanks a lot!

I can confirm that using the damage multiplier has unintended consequences that can break SP Campaign missions. I think what is happening is that BIS are setting damage on some units and/or vehicles in order to make them look distressed, but when the damage multiplier is applied to that set damage it is causing the death/splosion of that unit.

This happened to me on both Survive and Adapt campaigns, primarily in the base sections where Miller would die therefore breaking the mission.

@Fabrizio - is it possible to link the damage multiplier to specific small arms ammo rather than overall damage? Like have 9mm, 45, 556, 762 etc do double damage specifically?

I just noticed that you're unable to place explosives, mines, etc. with bCombat enabled... Maybe related to some of the bugged functions mentioned earlier in this thread.

Most likely related to the selectweapon bugs, rather than to bcombat.

---------- Post added at 17:44 ---------- Previous post was at 17:39 ----------

I can confirm that using the damage multiplier has unintended consequences that can break SP Campaign missions. I think what is happening is that BIS are setting damage on some units and/or vehicles in order to make them look distressed, but when the damage multiplier is applied to that set damage it is causing the death/splosion of that unit.

This happened to me on both Survive and Adapt campaigns, primarily in the base sections where Miller would die therefore breaking the mission.

@Fabrizio - is it possible to link the damage multiplier to specific small arms ammo rather than overall damage? Like have 9mm, 45, 556, 762 etc do double damage specifically?

I think you're right on damage multiplier causing problems in campaign due to "scripted" damage.

I'm currently rewiring that piece of code, but HandleDamage EH is so convoluted that's a real mess dealing with it.

I think it's possible to tune damage depending on ammo, but i'm not willing to do it within bCombat, too much of a hassle for a non-core feature.

It would be better to make a mod targeted just on that.

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 17:44 ----------

@LSD_Timewarp82:

I tried many times reproducing the bug with unresponsive options menu with WLA, without luck.

If you (or others) can collect further info on that issue please let me know.

Being not able to reproduce i'm tied to the info you're leaking.

---------- Post added at 17:57 ---------- Previous post was at 17:47 ----------

Fabrizio,

consider putting a link to issues you'd like voted up in your signature. I voted up the issue: "0014177: selectWeapon "Put" or "Throw" won't stay on" but I wasn't sure I that was the only issue setting bcombat back. Help us help you help us.

It would be a long list, i'll put here just a few tickets i consider important, AI / bCombat wise:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=15297

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16783

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14177

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16449

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=13952

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=9126

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=7941

Edited by fabrizio_T

No problem man, isnt so important for me. Usually i adjust my Options before starting a game, then restart, then play. Reported this to you only cause it´s the Beta 0.16 and you have warned of unfinished things and stuff. No problem at all. Waiting still for next release :)

Definitely not a Bcombat issue -it happens to me when I use the Real Armour mod though.

Hi guys can anyone confirm that bcombat continues to function after i save and load a game back up?

Hi guys can anyone confirm that bcombat continues to function after i save and load a game back up?

I never save really cant help you there. turn debugging on and test it. save and load the game. and youll know, and you can post back here on if it works or not.

Edited by Lordprimate

From what i've seen it works.

Thanks.

i had to downloadthis again and the config.hpp file isnt included.

Where shout it be?

The warning at end of mod page says make sure u put in user config but the ony one i have is config without the .hpp

Thanks.

i had to downloadthis again and the config.hpp file isnt included.

Where shout it be?

The warning at end of mod page says make sure u put in user config but the ony one i have is config without the .hpp

You should have a userconfig folder in the downloaded rar or zip file. Put that entire folder in your Arma 3 directory.

You said this mod was originally for Arma 2 but never released. Is their a possibility that one for Arma 2 will be available one day? I have Arma 3 but would love to play Arma 2 with this Ai.

Edited by Kothen

@Kothen Trying to stay on ARMA 2 for whatever reason and then wanting the modding community to still support it , will make the transition to ARMA 3 even slower than it already is. Please abandon ArmA 2.

@Kothen Trying to stay on ARMA 2 for whatever reason and then wanting the modding community to still support it , will make the transition to ARMA 3 even slower than it already is. Please abandon ArmA 2.

I guess. I just really enjoyed the units and weapons in arma 2. It just has this charm to it that I don't want to leave.

Edited by Kothen

Can't remember Fab saying it was for Arma2.
it was more like "he start working on it in Arma 2" or something like that.... but the question is good .....i prefer A2 CO also more than A3.....and many many others :D

I guess. I just really enjoyed the units and weapons in arma 2. It just has this charm to it that I don't want to leave.

Hey Kothen, i knows what you mean bro, no need to choose or anything, you can play 2 games which are uniquely different in their own way, i PM you re Arma 2 AI mod.

Yeah. Even when arma 3 grows. There will always be room for arma 2. You said you were going to PM me an AI mod?