Sign in to follow this  
NickThissen

Sync to vehicle instead of its driver

Hi,

I want a task marker to follow a vehicle in a convoy (the marker should follow the vehicle as it moves). I have achieved this by syncing a Set Task Destination module (Destination: synchronized object) with the vehicle in question. It seems to work fine at first, until the driver of the vehicle gets out (for example; when he spots me or gets engaged). The marker is actually following the driver of the vehicle, and when he gets out the vehicle is no longer marked (but the driver is).

How do I synchronize the Set Task Destination module with a vehicle rather than its driver, which seems to be the default?

Can I achieve this via scripting instead of syncing?

Thanks!

How is the vehicle being created? Also, you can simply use a small loop to have the marker track the vehicle in question.

while {alive myVehicle} do {
    "mrk" setMarkerPos getPosATL myVehicle;
    sleep 1;
};

I just drop it in via the editor as usual.

Also, by task marker I meant the task destination module, not an actual marker, does your script work for that too?

Insert the vehicle into the editor as an empty vehicle and name it e.g car1, sync your task destination to the vehicle. Then place a unit down for the driver and add to his init

this moveInDriver car1

So when the mission starts the vehicle is the destination of the task not the unit driving it and the unit is automatically placed in the driving seat so as not to hold up the convoy.

EXAMPLE MISSION

Edited by Larrow