Sign in to follow this  
Revichev

installation

Hello people,

i'm sorry i come with this, i know people hate noobs.

I just discovered upsmon and i was amazed by the skill of this script/mod.

I played arma2 for 3 years now know alot about it, now i want to go into scripting.

when i saw this upsmon i wanted to make use of it right away, the only problem is i cant find a step by step explination on how to install this, the only thing i see is this: open the scripts folder and extract it into the folder mission. So what i understand is this, i need to create a mission and then extract the scripts in the mission right? but the mission is a pbo file and i cant open it. i already extracted the whole upsmon folder into the mission folder, and even copied the script folder in the upsmon folder in the mission folder at the arma2 directory but i cant come any further. So please anyone be the first on the world wide web to explain a noob like me, and i think many others, how to install this.

I would very much apreciate any help,

thanks alot

Revichev

First you'll need to de-pbo the mission file using a PBO extract utility (search for pboview or cpbo or eliteness). This extracts the mission to a folder just like a zip file. You would then copy/paste the scripts folder from UPSMON download into your mission folder.. you'll also need to add the UPSMON line to the init.sqf file you will find after extracting the mission (or if no init.sqf you can create one). If you are just playing by yourself you can then preview the mission in the editor while it's still in folder format. If you are playing with others on a server you'll need to re-pbo the file before using.