Redfield-77

NATO 5.56 and 7.62 adjustor

Hey Redfield, great mod. I want to modify it to change only the 5.56 magazines from vanilla and from RH m4 pack. I know I need to edit the .cpp, and I know what to put in there but for the life of me I cant figure out how to change the .cpp within the pbo and add it back. I'm using the pbo manager from armaholic but I'm not sure how to actually change thet cpp and add it back into the pbo, bringing the changes I wanted in game. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

With .pbo manager it is easy. Just create a new folder (name it whatever) and drop the cpp into it. Then right click on the folder and click create pbo. This will create the pbo in the same location as the folder you just created but it wont replace it.

With .pbo manager it is easy. Just create a new folder (name it whatever) and drop the cpp into it. Then right click on the folder and click create pbo. This will create the pbo in the same location as the folder you just created but it wont replace it.

Thank you! Works like a charm. Easy once someone tells you what you should be doing haha! Thanks again

I'm trying to modify the RobertHammet M4 / M16 damage with this mod, because they're piss poor.

Thing is, most of the RH weapons are using B_556x45_Ball, which are the 30Rnd_556x45_Stanag magazines, if i'm not wrong.

And these are already modified by this mod out of the box. So basically i should directy saw a difference but... no. I steel need about five shots at 200 meters to kill anyone with RH weapons.

Any idea ?

I'm trying to modify the RobertHammet M4 / M16 damage with this mod, because they're piss poor.

Thing is, most of the RH weapons are using B_556x45_Ball, which are the 30Rnd_556x45_Stanag magazines, if i'm not wrong.

And these are already modified by this mod out of the box. So basically i should directy saw a difference but... no. I steel need about five shots at 200 meters to kill anyone with RH weapons.

Any idea ?

RH got his own ammo and u can edit it (or add to this mod). Also RH uses standard ammo and this ammo u can edit with this mod. If u want i can edit config.bin for u. Just pm me.

RH got his own ammo and u can edit it (or add to this mod). Also RH uses standard ammo and this ammo u can edit with this mod. If u want i can edit config.bin for u. Just pm me.

You do realise its normally good practice, to ask before you edit someone elses work.

You do realise its normally good practice, to ask before you edit someone elses work.

No, i do not realise and i don't see problem.

I want to help him to understand how it works and editing config.bin or editing ammo in config by this mod i same thing for me.

I don't do this for money or to be a famous... ...still don't see any problem.

I intended for everyone to alter the cfg to their own taste as well as to adjust for new mods and ammo. Lemondemon I appreciate you helping out Drakenof and you can change whatever you need and send it to him as long as you dont republish under another name as Your Mod.

No, i do not realise and i don't see problem.

I want to help him to understand how it works and editing config.bin or editing ammo in config by this mod i same thing for me.

I don't do this for money or to be a famous... ...still don't see any problem.

there is a issue and many addon makers feel strongly about, editing some ones work and releasing as your own is not the way to. I would suggest you have a look at these guidelines.

editing some ones work and releasing as your own

And this is about my help?

I suggest u stop suggesting me what i have to do and start reading with understanding.

Edited by lemondemon

how do I add custom ammo that is added by the newly HLC AK pack

Here are the ammo types

I added the bullet base in the cfg, but the damage is still way too low and it doesn't seem like it changes at all. How would the config be setup for this custom ammo?

hlc_30Rnd_545x39_B_AK

hlc_30Rnd_545x39_T_AK

hlc_30Rnd_545x39_EP_AK

hlc_45Rnd_545x39_t_rpk

hlc_30Rnd_762x39_b_ak

hlc_30Rnd_762x39_t_ak

hlc_45Rnd_762x39_t_rpk

hlc_45Rnd_762x39_m_rpk

Make sure you have added the mod to the required addons field as well. If you have not done this see the 1st post lines 9-10.

Redfield this mod is amazing. probably the single best mod you could add the game. now I hope you move on to changing the damage of explosions. i'm tired of dropping 40mm nades into a group and it only knocks them down.

Is the canadian armed forces ammunition and caf aggressors ammunition covered in this mod? Or do they need to be added manually?

@DirtyDel & @Acoustic

I am currently in Law Enforcement Training and as such am very busy lately. There is a ton of stuff I would like to do but there is just not enough hours in the day. I havent looked into explosions yet but I have noticed the 40mm are a bit weak. As far as the canadian armed forces and caf aggressors go, sadly they are not added. You will have to add them manually. I always had intended to make this code as more of a template that others could add what they needed. The more stuff I add, the more mods people will be forced to download.

Hello, i have a question.

Since the last update, the mod doesnt work.:butbut:

Can you help use?

MfG Hauer

Hi Hauer, Unfortunately That Update is not my mod. That mod is Lao Fei Mao's work and it only supports unmodded Arma 3. I can only assume it is his vanilla version that got updated. Im not sure why Sonsalt posted that here. There has been no update to my version of the mod. (The version that supports massi and RH ammo)

There are links to both Mao's original version as well as my original version in the OP.

hello, does only the host need to be running this mod for the ballistics to be affected for everone?

hello, does only the host need to be running this mod for the ballistics to be affected for everone?

All clients wishing to benefit from this mod must run the mod.

so if i were to join a server with this mod enabled, or if i was to host a game using this, only i could one shot enemies and no one else can, correct?

Also, a few posts up someone said it didnt work anymore? is that true?

Yes as I said only the mod only works if you are running it. It is clientside. Thats not to say you can just join any server and have any damage you want. The mod is not signed and most servers would not allow you to join if you are running it. The mod still works but the update that sonsalt posted is the vanilla lao fei mao version. I have downloads to both original files in th OP and the version I made has not been updated and still works.

I was playing around with the "#define hitvaluecoef" and set it to multiply instead of add and then set the value to something like 0.03 to simulate Unreal Tournament like damage from days of yore, and I discovered the units do not engage with their rifles but instead use higher damage weapons like grenades. Is there a way to get units to shoot at each other even with a hit value that is extremely low?

Edited by distractor2004

I have problem to add new ammo to the .cpp,I want to add the "B_556x45_F1_Ball" from ADF mod to this .cpp,but when I finish add it in it and start the game,it said "Flie damage\config.cpp, line 133:'/CfgAmmo.B_556x45_F1_Ball':':' encountered instead of '='" and the game wont start.But I cant find any mistakes in my .cpp,and here's my .cpp blow:

class CfgPatches

{

class Redfield_Bullet_Hits_Value

{

units[] = { };

weapons[] = { };

requiredVersion = 1.000000;

requiredAddons[] = {

"A3_Weapons_F", "A3_Weapons_F_beta", "Ej_u100"

};

};

};