Redfield-77

NATO 5.56 and 7.62 adjustor

dude it worked!! I just figured the cfg patches were only listed in that little window in the left corner. found the right codes to put in the config.cpp now too. thanks a bunch and thank you for the mod as well

Your welcome Im glad you got it working.:rthumb::soldier:

Way to go Redfield. It sounds kind of harsh but it's great being able to kill people easily again lol

Hey guys, I was wondering what the classname for the .45 ACP is if I wanted to tweak that too ? also what is the default value for it ?

Also with Massi's nato sf and russian special forces mod, do 7.62x39 and 5.45x39 need to be added or do they share the values of cartridges listed in the config ?

Cheers

Edited by Coltace

Im not sure what the .45 ACP classname is but Im sure its easy enough to find in the CfgAmmo in config viewer. You could also find the 7.62x39 stuff there too but its the same as the 7.62x51 rnds that I already have in my config. just change the x51 to x39 if you want the Soviet block weapons to have the same lethality. All classnames and values can always be found in the config viewer. Once you find the ammo type you are looking for, on the right within the code you will see (HitValue)

example: for default 5.56

Hit Value = 8

but if the mod is working on the round it will say

Hit Value = 8 + 8

Because my damage coefficient is 8.

Thanks Redfield, I'm a noob when it comes to scripts etc, I appreciate the help, and I'll look into it, when I find the classnames etc I will post them here in case anyone else wants them. Appreciate the mod !

Can this be run as a server-side mod only? I've not been able to get this to work as server-side only. A friend connected without the mod and I had the mod. Only my client had the improved damage. Thanks for any help you can offer.

EDIT:

Additionally, could this be added to a mission? My ultimate goal is for my friends and I to run this without having to run the mod client-side.

Edited by callaway

Hi Redfield,

i read nearly all posts, but I still don't get what i need to add for weapon mods that bring their own ammunition. For example the BWmod that brings the G36 and also its own G36 5.56 ammo. The standard 5.56 ammo does not work with this rifle, so i wanted to add it but i can not figure out the lines to add.

Where do i get the info on the ammo ID that needs to be added.

I understand that for Massis Wepons it is this: class B_mas_556x45_Ball : BulletBase for the 5.56 bullets.

same thing goes for the line i need to add for the mod itself.

"mas_weapons" it is not the mod folder in ARMA3 I guess.

Sorry for bothering, but I really need some help here understand how all that works.

@Callaway Im not sure how to do what you want but the mod is only 2kb. Im not sure why your friends would be against running a 2kb mod but If you do figure out how to make it script based (added to a mission) or serverside only please post here.

@nigrinus you have to look in the editor in the config viewer.

On the last page I posted this pic. I'll post it again. This shows where the names are for the mods so you can add them.

configvieweredit_zps052c66c2.jpg

The place to find the ammo is CfgAmmo. Its alphabetical so should be easy to find. Its not as complicated as it seems. You will get it.

Edited by Redfield-77

Can this be run as a server-side mod only? I've not been able to get this to work as server-side only. A friend connected without the mod and I had the mod. Only my client had the improved damage. Thanks for any help you can offer.

EDIT:

Additionally, could this be added to a mission? My ultimate goal is for my friends and I to run this without having to run the mod client-side.

If you run it serverside only, the players won't get the benefit of it. The behaviour you and your freind saw is exactly what should happen if you had the mod and he didn't.

Things like this can only be run as a mod. There's no alternative.

Works pretty well on our server. Never made sense when you put four 7.62mm rounds into a CSAT ground pounders chest and they keep running at you when they don't wear any PPE. Must be some tough fabric on their cammies or something.

@Callaway Im not sure how to do what you want but the mod is only 2kb. Im not sure why your friends would be against running a 2kb mod but If you do figure out how to make it script based (added to a mission) or serverside only please post here.

@nigrinus you have to look in the editor in the config viewer.

On the last page I posted this pic. I'll post it again. This shows where the names are for the mods so you can add them.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j186/kitt3n77/configvieweredit_zps052c66c2.jpg

The place to find the ammo is CfgAmmo. Its alphabetical so should be easy to find. Its not as complicated as it seems. You will get it.

Thanks a lot mate, gonna try it this evening.

I have no idea how to make keys for mods. I have always played on a private server so we dont have keys for any of our in-house stuff.

Hi Redfield. Thank you for this great addon. I tried a few things with an eventhandler before I found this one. This far better than using an eventhandler. I always had the problem that the eventhandler had to be assigned to ne spawned units. This is a great mod. Thanks!

Can this just be run server side or do clients need it too in multiplayer?

Hi zach. It is Client side only. As long as you are playing on a private server with your unit you wont run into any issues. I dont think it can be made into a server side mod and there is no key for pubs.

Redfield, this was a great accomplishment. Excellent idea using a coefficient value to introduce a counterbalance effect. However, I do not understand why you haven't taken several minutes to provide us with a vanilla version, available for download. I followed your directions to other users; I used pbo manager to extract the cpp and edited it with your provided code. Now what do I do? Do I have to use another software to turn it back into a pbo? Help me out.

BTW, I haven't seen anyone post about suppressors. I haven't tested myself, is the damage handicap with suppressors removed?

Edited by DirtyDel

Redfield, this was a great accomplishment. Excellent idea using a coefficient value to introduce a counterbalance effect. However, I do not understand why you haven't taken several minutes to provide us with a vanilla version, available for download. I followed your directions to other users; I used pbo manager to extract the cpp and edited it with your provided code. Now what do I do? Do I have to use another software to turn it back into a pbo? Help me out.

BTW, I haven't seen anyone post about suppressors. I haven't tested myself, is the damage handicap with suppressors removed?

There is, and has been a link to the vanilla version in the OP for a while now. I provided the code for those that want to adjust the vanilla version as well. Read the bottom of the OP and the link is called Lao Fei Mao's Version. His version only effects the vanilla guns and you dont need to do anything else.

If you want to use mod rifles you will have to use my version, And yes, If you want to adjust damage you will have to use PBO manager to re-PBO after editing. As far as suppressors go Im not sure how they actually work in Arma 3. I am fairly certain that all damage is calculated by the round type. I can tell you that with this mod running you wont notice if the suppressors are effecting the round damage or not. Most hits will be one shot kills with or without suppressors on.

Awesome dude. How do I re-pbo? I'm stuck there. And yes, this doesn't need a suppressor mod, suppressors now have full damage value. Great mod.

Edited by DirtyDel

Is it just me or does this mod change the tracer colours?

@DirtyDel

You should be able to right click the folder and have the option to create pbo. If you dont get that option there are several other .pbo tools. If pbo manager doesnt work that way you could always try eliteness or cpbo or unwrap.

@Chops

I havent noticed, but I use blastcore tracers which are a different color anyway.

I have quite a few weapon mods going. When choosing the ammo, should it say NATO in the title? I use mostly M4's and M16's, plus the Nato/Spetznaz weapon mod......

I have quite a few weapon mods going. When choosing the ammo, should it say NATO in the title? I use mostly M4's and M16's, plus the Nato/Spetznaz weapon mod......

Im not sure I completely understand the question but I will try to answer. If you mean choosing the ammo in game, then no. The ammo in game will have the same name it always had. If you mean in the cfg viewer then no. Most rounds are already effected in this mod and you wont need to do anything but some of the newer mods will have to be added manually.

Hey Redfield, great mod. I want to modify it to change only the 5.56 magazines from vanilla and from RH m4 pack. I know I need to edit the .cpp, and I know what to put in there but for the life of me I cant figure out how to change the .cpp within the pbo and add it back. I'm using the pbo manager from armaholic but I'm not sure how to actually change thet cpp and add it back into the pbo, bringing the changes I wanted in game. Can anyone help me? Thanks!