Redfield-77

NATO 5.56 and 7.62 adjustor

What it Is
This is a modified version of Lao Fei Mao's Damage addon that incorporates some of the newest weapon mods.

What it Does
It modifies the damage output from all vanilla and some addon 5.56 and 7.62 ammunition using a damage coefficient.

How it Works
The included .pbo can be modified to you units personal taste easily. The coefficient can be adjusted to whatever you feel is realistic and any ammo type can be added to suit your units needs.

How to use it for Noobs ;)
Make a folder that starts with @ example: @Damage_Mod
Make a folder inside that folder called "addons"
Download the .pbo and place it inside the "addons" folder
Now you can run it as other mods are run. There is enough documentation on this but if you dont know how check out Armaholic For instructions.

The reason I did not include it inside an @ folder is to save character room in command lines for dedicated servers. People with dedicated servers usually have a server repo bin for misc stuff like this. Anyone else can just make a mod folder and run it normally.

PROS
Removes the need for event handlers on all enemy units and spawners.
Universal to all enemy types even ones that haven't come out yet.
Very Lightweight at only 2kb download.
Easy to dispose of if BIS ever changes their damage values.
Easier than going into each individual mod to change damage values on addon weapons.
Adjustable to taste. Realism is in the eye of the beholder.

CONS
New ammo types must be added manually.
Stacks with other modifiers like "Roy86 PO3 easy takedown" and "Banga Bobs EOS damage multiplier" These are easily disabled in parameters just remember to do it.
You must have basic understanding of how cfg works to make use of this.
most likely more....

The code below is the entire addon with hints to show you what can be adjusted.
class CfgPatches 
{

class Redfield_Bullet_Hits_Value   //This is how your addon will appear in the cfg viewer. You can name it whatever you want to reflect your units specific configuration
{
	units[] = { };
	weapons[] = { };
	requiredVersion = 1.000000;
	requiredAddons[] = {
			"A3_Weapons_F", "A3_Weapons_F_beta", "mas_weapons", "Ej_u100" [color="#DAA520"]//Add any addons you are using that add new magazines to the game that you want to adjust. See pic below[/color]
	};
};
};

#define hitvaluecoef 8  //This is the magic number. The hit value coefficient is how we modify the damage output on any particular round. Mao uses 7 and I use 8. These are both very good numbers if added
                               //However you can also choose to multiply this number below and change it to 2-3 but adding works best and Ill show you why.
                               //for 5.56 hit value 8 + hitvaluecoef (8) = 16 so basically x2 damage on 5.56 but for more powerful rounds x2 damage can cause unwanted results like .50 machine guns overpowered.
                               //using + gives diminishing returns on larger caliber weapons so the formula below works best.
class CfgAmmo 
{

class BulletCore ;

class BulletBase : BulletCore                                                [color="#0000CD"]//In this area you can add any new rounds you want to be effected by the addon. You can see I have added Massi's 5.56 and others.[/color]
{
	hit = 8 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_556x45_Ball : BulletBase
{
	hit = 8 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_mas_556x45_Ball : BulletBase                                       
{
	hit = 8 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_mas_556x45_Ball_T : B_556x45_Ball
{
	hit = 8 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class RH_556x45_B_Mk262 : B_556x45_Ball
{
	hit = 10 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class TB_556x45_Ball : B_556x45_Ball
{
	hit = 8 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_56x15_dual : BulletBase
{
	hit = 8 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_65x39_Caseless : BulletBase
{
	hit = 10 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_65x39_Minigun_Caseless : B_65x39_Caseless
{
	hit = 10 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_762x51_Ball : BulletBase
{
	hit = 12 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_mas_762x51_Ball : B_762x51_Ball
{
	hit = 12 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_mas_762x51_Ball_T : B_762x51_Ball
{
	hit = 12 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_762x51_Minigun_Tracer_Red : B_762x51_Ball
{
	hit = 12 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_408_Ball : BulletBase
{
	hit = 21 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_12Gauge_Slug : BulletBase
{
	hit = 24 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class ShotgunBase ;

class B_12Gauge_Pellets : ShotgunBase
{
	hit = 8 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_9x21_Ball : BulletBase
{
	hit = 5 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_127x33_Ball : BulletBase
{
	hit = 18 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_127x99_Ball : BulletBase
{
	hit = 27 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_127x99_SLAP : B_127x99_Ball
{
	hit = 34 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_127x108_Ball : BulletBase
{
	hit = 27 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_127x108_APDS : B_127x108_Ball
{
	hit = 34 + hitvaluecoef;
};
};

configvieweredit_zps052c66c2.jpg

Armaholic Download

Generic File Hosting Download

The code below effects only vanilla weapons. The Code below is Mao's original Code and it does not need to be altered if you dont run mods. The download link for his original version is below.

class CfgPatches 
{

class Redfield_Bullet_Hits_Value
{
	units[] = { };
	weapons[] = { };
	requiredVersion = 1.000000;
	requiredAddons[] = {
			"A3_Weapons_F", "A3_Weapons_F_beta"
	};
};
};

#define hitvaluecoef 8

class CfgAmmo 
{

class BulletCore ;

class BulletBase : BulletCore
{
	hit = 8 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_556x45_Ball : BulletBase
{
	hit = 8 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_56x15_dual : BulletBase
{
	hit = 8 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_65x39_Caseless : BulletBase
{
	hit = 10 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_65x39_Minigun_Caseless : B_65x39_Caseless
{
	hit = 10 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_762x51_Ball : BulletBase
{
	hit = 12 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_762x51_Minigun_Tracer_Red : B_762x51_Ball
{
	hit = 12 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_408_Ball : BulletBase
{
	hit = 21 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_12Gauge_Slug : BulletBase
{
	hit = 24 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class ShotgunBase ;

class B_12Gauge_Pellets : ShotgunBase
{
	hit = 8 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_9x21_Ball : BulletBase
{
	hit = 5 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_127x33_Ball : BulletBase
{
	hit = 18 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_127x99_Ball : BulletBase
{
	hit = 27 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_127x99_SLAP : B_127x99_Ball
{
	hit = 34 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_127x108_Ball : BulletBase
{
	hit = 27 + hitvaluecoef;
};

class B_127x108_APDS : B_127x108_Ball
{
	hit = 34 + hitvaluecoef;
};
};

Download LAO FEI MAO's version <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<For vanilla weapons only.

Special Thanks to Lao Fei Mao for making this addon. All I have done is added the extra cfg's for 3rd party weapons.

I have added Lao Fei Mao's original version for people that have a hard time configuring the mod. This will only effect 6.5mm and it uses a different Damage coefficient than my version. However it is extremely easy to use. no need to config just make an @Folder for it as explained above.

Edited by Redfield-77

Hi, great addon, I'm going to try it.

I have two questions:

1) Where do I find the names to place in requiredAddons (for example mas_weapons for massi's weapons) for my weapon addons?

2) Where do I find the class names (of the weapons addons) to be included in the list of rounds?

I'm not very experienced, I would be very grateful if you help me to understand with an example. Sorry for my english. :)

Thanks.

Hi D4NI3L3,

Go into the cfg viewer in your editor. The addon names are in cfgPatches and the ammo names are in cfgAmmo.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===============================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

thank for this, Redfield. Anyway to include a skill array adjustment as well?

Most likely no because there are so many ways to adjust this now. I recommend using MCC to adjust skills but EOS, ALiVE, and Patrol Ops 3.0 all have AI skill tables that can be adjusted. MCC is a must have all inclusive mod if you dont already have it. Once you use it you wont be able to play without it anymore.

We've tested this mod multiple times in co-op missions and found that it really makes a huge difference in gameplay.

Just what I was looking for! Dose this work with RH weapons? Or do i need to add it manually? Do I run this server side only or on both server and client for dedicated server?

Edited by R-o-x

Just what I was looking for! Dose this work with RH weapons? Or do i need to add it manually? Do I run this server side only or on both server and client for dedicated server?

It works with the RH weapons, the massi weapons, and EricJ's SCAR pack already. It also works with all the vanilla stuff. If you download any new mods that have new ammo you will have to add the rounds manually. We run it on our dedi and on all clients. It comes as a simple .pbo so if your unit has an @MOD folder for misc stuff you should put it there to save room on the command line. If you dont you could throw it into any of your @MOD folders.

awesome work.

But it also goes to highlight a bigger issue which is having weapon damaages all over the place. Now we have so many different 556mm variants that all do different damage, etc.

there was once a very smart thing for arma2 i think (or maybe arma) where there was unified damage values and magazines that could be shared across multiple weapons if wanted. Giving a much more consistent and authentic experience to users. this would be especially useful with teh arma2 content being released for the commnity to work on. of course all mod makers have the option to choose as it should be as its their hard wortk and time invested in their mod but it could be an option...

I'm slightly confused. is this an addon that you're supposed to make an @addon folder for, or is it meant for mission makers to include in their missions?

awesome work.

But it also goes to highlight a bigger issue which is having weapon damaages all over the place. Now we have so many different 556mm variants that all do different damage, etc.

there was once a very smart thing for arma2 i think (or maybe arma) where there was unified damage values and magazines that could be shared across multiple weapons if wanted. Giving a much more consistent and authentic experience to users. this would be especially useful with teh arma2 content being released for the commnity to work on. of course all mod makers have the option to choose as it should be as its their hard wortk and time invested in their mod but it could be an option...

The vanilla standard 5.56 damage is a hit value of 8. All the mods I came across have a hit value of 8 as well with the exception of EricJ's SCARS and RH mk262. RH had his mk262 set to 8.5 and this mod sets it to 10 then adds +8. I see what you mean about damage values will not be consistant across the board but thats because no one can seem to agree what realistic damage is. One of the major PROS of this mod is that you can set it to whatever YOU think is realistic. My unit is realism co op unit and the default numbers of the mod reflect what we decided was realistic but someone else may think x3 damage is better or x1.5 is better. Anyone who has grown up with the series is used to unforgiving damage. No Health Bars, No warning hits, just good movement and tactics to keep you alive.

I'm slightly confused. is this an addon that you're supposed to make an @addon folder for, or is it meant for mission makers to include in their missions?

This is an addon. It will need to be put in a @MOD folder. When it is for a mission maker to add to missions it is called a script. The reason I did not put it into an @MOD is because on a dedicated server you only get so many characters for your command lines. Its better to make a clan repo folder for small stuff like this. If you just want this for SP or MP with a few friends you can just make a @Damage folder and inside it make an addons folder and put the .pbo inside the addons folder.

well I tried doing that already but it didn't seem that the performance of 5.56 rounds was changed at all. it still took roughly 8 chest shots to kill. didn't test other rounds though.

Which 5.56 rounds are you trying to use? Did you make sure to launch running the mod? Did you follow the code example in the OP to configure the mod to work with your addons?

Which 5.56 rounds are you trying to use? Did you make sure to launch running the mod? Did you follow the code example in the OP to configure the mod to work with your addons?

it was the default 30 round 5.56 STANAG mags, the mod was enabled both in the game and on my server, and I didn't configure anything. does it conflict with other addons or do you mean did I configure it to work on custom weapons?

Im glad Invisabull. I havent had a chance to test it outside of my unit.

@Bruhmis

It wont conflict with other mods. The vanilla 5.56 is covered by the mod so something isn't working right. As I said though, most likely it wont just work out of the box. You will need to open it and configure it to the mods you are using. If you are not using any mods you will have to delete the extra required mods I have in the "Required Mods" line. leave only the "A3_Weapons_F", "A3_Weapons_F_beta" if you are playing just vanilla.

I don't need to add any mods to the required mod lines that don't add new types of ammo, right?

Right. Required mods basically just tells Arma to load those mods first so the mod using them wont return a missing cfg.

Right. Required mods basically just tells Arma to load those mods first so the mod using them wont return a missing cfg.

that explains the error I was getting. thanks for the help

that explains the error I was getting. thanks for the help

No problem and your welcome guys. :)

Redfield-77's Awesome Work

Start testing now! That's a vital improvement for all weapon mods with 5.56mm ammo, Good job and thanks!

Any plan to make this mod like ASDG Joint Rails mod, with fully mod support? :p

Im glad Invisabull. I havent had a chance to test it outside of my unit.

@Bruhmis

It wont conflict with other mods. The vanilla 5.56 is covered by the mod so something isn't working right. As I said though, most likely it wont just work out of the box. You will need to open it and configure it to the mods you are using. If you are not using any mods you will have to delete the extra required mods I have in the "Required Mods" line. leave only the "A3_Weapons_F", "A3_Weapons_F_beta" if you are playing just vanilla.

I did that, it gave me an error and wouldn't load the game. Maybe it was the pbo editor I was using?