IFWarMod%20banner.jpg

by Gunter Severloh

Hello everyone,

I present to you a WarMod for Iron front

What is IFWarMod?
Is an addon/mod customizable compilation mod that adds many gameplay features, functions, and effects
to your Iron front game for the IFA2 (Iron front in Arma2OA) version of Iron front.

Download

Full v1.0 - (required 1st)
https://mega.nz/#!atYzyahK!msXQwIc9j_ZZ7EJ5-Yo8qBQFjiembhDKuVAWyaL4tN0

Patch v1.1 - (required 2nd)
https://mega.nz/#!WhxnmALB!ZfE7w_YB4dIn6kI5ggDnm6jy4q92hhlF8pjMvRfH8YE

Patch v1.2 - (required 3rd)
https://mega.nz/#!ih5RHKAB!kYI4bnLGIcaHwbKVn5pOq65QTuI3UPePf-C0a3URgZA

==================================

Screenshots - (93 screenshots)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b9ebtcf6utsz7bt/IRJKZMziBM

Video

thanks to OuedMeliz

WarMod history

WarMod is a series you can see the whole history here on my

WarMod website: http://warmod.webs.com/aboutwarmod.htm

Requirements

IFWarMod was built for the IronFront Arma2CO (IFA2 Conversion), I had customized my latest COWarMod v 1.4

to work with the conversion. The IF/Arma Conversion being for Iron front and the DDay DLC, IFWarMod works with both.

IFWarMod will not work with vanilla Iron front by itself only with the conversion.

The mod requires that you have CBA files which are included in the download.

=====================

Feature's of the mod

The mod will add many features such as the following:

• Fire, smoke, billowing smoke, smoldering smoke, volumetric smoke grenades
  • Wounding, dragging, bandaging of Ai, AI drag, self bandaging
  • Blood, bleeding, blood splashes, splatters, and dismemberment
  • Animations - movement, transitions, grenade throw animations, death, blind fire around corners/over walls
  • Move actions feature (allows you to move static guns, ammo boxes, ect,.)
  • Explosions and dust-(grenade explosion clouds, dropped bombs, mortars, mines, satchels explosion effects)
  • Impact dust throwup effects from bullet impacts, and grenade shrapnel
  • Ingame hud or UI adjustments and changes
  • Game tweaks to remove gamy elements
  • Ai enhancement -(AI may surrender if outnumbered, AI will try to give first aid to their fallen comrades, and even drag them to safety, AI when pinned may throw smoke to cover their movement, AI will flank and surround you and pin you at times with MG suppressive fire.
  • ARD -(all around defense)- A tactic used by the British, when you are a squad leader can call the Ai in your squad to form a parameter around your position based on the distance in meters you want, once in the formation you can have them heal, and do other things.
  • Additional folder inside the addons folder labeled "storage" has a mod in it if you want to use it, it will enable you to suppress the AI, and the AI can suppress you, see this for more details: TPWCAS AI Suppression
  • Sun & Lens flare based on Sakura's mod
  • Long Mission Selection List In Editor for Loading Missions- no more scrolling unless you have a lot of made missions
  • Automatic zoom to Iron sites for all infantry weapons
  • Menu Icon

There are some things I did not add for the sake that they are not realistic in terms of the theater of war, other

things i did not add because they would not work as the configs are based on modern day weapons.

Changelog:

Oct 20, 2014 v1.2

• added AI enhancement with 11 AI features
  • added AI skills and awareness improvements with 12 AI features
  • added Suppression effects - (Effects AI and Player) with 16 AI features
  • added HUD element indicating the player's current stance
  • added HUD that provides situational awareness of your fire team members
  • added slx_anim_swim: an updated file for SLX that removes the hpp requirement, the feature allows the player to swim longer with less fatigue & faster
  • added SLX_AI_NoAutoEngage: Make AI not suicide engage/attack on their own.
  • added slx_anim_injured: Makes injured animations not have weird warping
  • added SLX_ModWeapons_Sounds_Impact: Bullet impact sounds
  • added AI should stay in formations when overwhelmed
  • added All features readme that will list all files in the mod and their descriptions
  • added new installation readme
  • added changelog readme (your reading it)
  • added Patch features readme, this will provide details on whats in the v1.2 patch

Aug 24, 2014 v1.1

• Disabled weapon sway - Disables the weapon sway completely exhaustion from movement is from a different source.
  • Disabled Infantry weapon dispersion - Reduced the dispersion for infantry weapons to basically zero.
  • Take command of AI infantry squad
  • Option to spawn ladders and gain access to any otherwise inaccessible rooftops or buildings, a fun feature rather then realistic
  • IFWarMod Loading screen

June 17th, 2013 v1.0

• Release

Bugs?

After extensive testing, and some testing done by Orlok, and PoorOldSpike I have pretty much found 99% of the issues that occur.

There still may be some bugs here and there, if you find any, please report them so i can fix them.

Installation:

move the @IFWarMod into your main Arma2 directory, same place the Arma2oa.exe is located

move the userconfig into your main Arma2 directory

move the @CBA, @CBA_A2, @CBA_OA folders into your main Arma2 directory

Shortcut target line:

setup your shortcut target line like the following:

-nosplash -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@IF;@IFWarMod

Use -nosplash or you will miss the IFR loading screen and you will get the company logos and such for Iron front instead.

@IF (is the Iron Front Conversion) you should already have this in your Arma2 directory)

======================

By PoorOldSpike:

Gunter asked me to start this screenshot thread showing some of the features

IFWarMod: ARD (All Round Defense) formation

1- Achtung kameraden, I hear engine noise from an unknown direction and we're caught in the open!-

Schnell, form a 20-metre radius perimeter on me!-

IWM-ard2_zpsc72ec018.jpg~original

2- That's my boys!-

IWM-ard3_zps567075c3.jpg~original

IFWarMod: Blood, gore, dismemberment and charred corpses

"Let us wander o'er this bloody field to book our dead and then to bury them"- Shakesp's Henry V

So how was your day fellas?

(This after a brief firefight involving small arms, MG and 75mm tank HE fire)

IWM1c_zps36418ace.jpg~original

IFWarMod: Thick oily smoke

Burn baby burn-

iwm2_zps9b798e13.jpg~original

IFWarMod: AI infantry throw smoke grenades

The T-34 has been hammering the Waffen-SS among the farm buildings so they chuck smoke-

IWM-smokgren_zps60bad8a7.jpg~original

IFWarMod: AI troops heal comrades

This guy is healing his stricken chum..

IWM-heal1_zps43dcd0df.jpg~original

..and after a few seconds the healer trots off (right) and the patient (left) gets up right as rain-

IWM-heal2_zpsd3a9c9e1.jpg~original

IFWarMod: Dragging ammo crates

Run up to it and select 'Move ammo'-

Drag it-

IWM-ammo2_zpse26a3b6e.jpg~original

then select 'Stop dragging' to let go-

IWM-ammo3_zpsc06d3a05.jpg~original

Edited by Gunter Severloh
Fixed broken download links, and adjusted font size on OP.

Update!

IFWarMod%20banner.jpg

Patch v1.2 is now available!

IFWarMod Mission Repository page

http://www.missionrepository.com/ifwarmod

Download

Patch v1.2

http://www.missionrepository.com/IFWarMod/IFWarMod%20Patch%20v1.2.zip

Oct 20, 2014 v1.2

• added AI enhancement with 11 AI features
  • added AI skills and awareness improvements with 12 AI features
  • added Suppression effects - (Effects AI and Player) with 16 AI features
  • added HUD element indicating the player's current stance
  • added HUD that provides situational awareness of your fire team members
  • added slx_anim_swim: an updated file for SLX that removes the hpp requirement, the feature allows the player to swim longer with less fatigue & faster
  • added SLX_AI_NoAutoEngage: Make AI not suicide engage/attack on their own.
  • added slx_anim_injured: Makes injured animations not have weird warping
  • added SLX_ModWeapons_Sounds_Impact: Bullet impact sounds
  • added AI should stay in formations when overwhelmed
  • added All features readme that will list all files in the mod and their descriptions
  • added new installation readme
  • added changelog readme (your reading it)
  • added Patch features readme, this will provide details on whats in the v1.2 patch

More details about the features in the patch can be found in the readme Patch Features (included in the download).

Other stuff

-22 screenshots were added to the IFWarMod Album on my dropbox making a total of 99!

-added a video that

Screenshots - (99 screenshots)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b9ebtcf6utsz7bt/IRJKZMziBM

Video

thanks to OuedMeliz

Edited by Günter Severloh

hi Gunter
I love the buggy original IF:Liberation 44 game,more lovable and the terrain also nicer than the arma3 graphic/lights etc...(the if44 map remakes is very ugly in arma3)

The arma2/IF conversion 99% same and with your mod compilation best experience.

Only one thing is not ok.

Inside the userconfig directory have two directory and two config for asr_ai.(possible this is a error/ifwarmod 1.2)

I think the Asr does not use the accuracy and hand shaking parameters(and possible he neither doesn't use the rest parameters)

I tested in the editor in the town on Omaha map with german and russian infantry group 70-100 meters apart on the street.quick butchery.(how to i disable the the new bloodly parameters?)

(i rethink this and i will test again without mg-s)

In game is unenjoyable the precision of AI shooters and the wulnerability of ai.

1-2 minutes and all team member is on the ground due to instant shots.

i changed the asr ai config files but no result.

You precisely inserted the asr mod into the game for the liberation type units (does the asr use the Army/Germans/ussr units)?

Need more hand shaking(or less accuracy) for real inaccuracy of soldiers.

+ more "armor" for head,body,arms for less wounding? (i found this in units config)

the original standalone if44 was very well balanced in accuracy,dispersion of weapons and wounding,very playable,enjoyable

When the mod start ,a popup window say : missing something ~ "lib compatible ifawarmod UI ",possible this is a options window for ifawarmod?

really no between in the addons....?

Hi csepi0101 Welcome to Bi Forums!

Cant really answer your questions, about all i can tell you is go into the addons folder and remove all the ASRAI

if you dislike the accurate AI the mod is a compilation mod.

Mod isn't meant to balance or be realistic, its a gameplay mod, it just adds new gameplay features where there was none.

The version of the mod i play when i do play with is not what you download here, its customized based on how i like to play

which dont have the asrai in it among other mods.

15 hours ago, csepi0101 said:

When the mod start ,a popup window say : missing something ~ "lib compatible ifawarmod UI ",possible this is a options window for ifawarmod?

really no between in the addons....?

Have no idea, again im not playing with the stock mod i built, i will look into it but not today, and get back to you,

but thanks for letting me know. Cheers!

23 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Hi csepi0101 Welcome to Bi Forums!

Cant really answer your questions, about all i can tell you is go into the addons folder and remove all the ASRAI

if you dislike the accurate AI the mod is a compilation mod.

Mod isn't meant to balance or be realistic, its a gameplay mod, it just adds new gameplay features where there was none.

The version of the mod i play when i do play with is not what you download here, its customized based on how i like to play

which dont have the asrai in it among other mods.

Have no idea, again im not playing with the stock mod i built, i will look into it but not today, and get back to you,

but thanks for letting me know. Cheers!

thnx your answer

I like the all ifwar mode selection/compilation,only the accuracy not.
And the asr config really not works.Not possible set to lower level,the gameplay now like the OFP ,eagle-eyes from 1km.

If i good know the asr is the best AI behavior,i need.(In a "KellyHeroes bridge assault" they regularly repaired the demolished Tiger  🙂 ,and even new personnel are coming in?
 as are for the tripod machine guns)possible this is not asr,maybe other mod.

The dual asr config is it already means that something is wrong.
Another solved IFA-ARMA2 conversion problem is the MG sounds,not repeated the wss sound file.Only one shots heared.In the weapons config

i found a list of parameters around shot sound and one "1.0" number compared to similar settings of automatic weapons, not correct,rewrite to "1" and MG sound good works.

Possible the steam version of Lib44 different than the DVD version?,or the patch or later personal correction caused the wrong parameter in MG config?
And continuing through this thought possible similar little differences of steam version causes the not working asr settings?
Or the weakest asr is too much for me 🙂

Possible all problem solved,I misunderstand the config file.

In the original sniper parameters the hand shaking is a high number ,therefore, I thought that a high number means little hand shaking.
But the exact opposite is true (basic logic would have said same)
I not tested with ifwarmod but in simple asr works.
In the SLX/COSX mod also have AI.

Where is the config file for this AI?

Not,not works again...
The hand shaking parameter is the wounded hand shaking or the normal aiming hand shaking?(and if the normal then this is visible?)

20 hours ago, csepi0101 said:

Possible the steam version of Lib44 different than the DVD version?

No dvd and steam are the same, the version only changes when you apply the v1.06 patch for IFA2.

,or the patch or later personal correction caused the wrong parameter in MG config?

That depends if your testing with IFWarMod and IFA2, or with just IFA2, but i cant answer the question so have no idea.

And continuing through this thought possible similar little differences of steam version causes the not working asr settings?

Steam has nothing to do with it, steam is just a platform for which the game is on, steam dont effect the game in anyway.

Now running IFA2 obviously requires Arma2oa and Arma2oa has been updated a few times since IFA2 released back in 2014 so

there is a good possibility that ASR was or is effected by changes from the base Arma2oa game itself and not IF.

15 hours ago, csepi0101 said:

In the SLX/COSX mod also have AI. 

Where is the config file for this AI?

COSLX is my mod, its an updated recompiled version of SLX so its the same mod

see the release thread for the mod

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/119935-coslx-an-updated-version-of-the-original-slx-mod/

i have all the files separated in their own lists based on what they do, so if you scroll down on the release thread

you will see the title AI Files, click on the spoiler and a list of all the files for all the AI files in the mod are listed there along with

description of what they do.

14 hours ago, csepi0101 said:

The hand shaking parameter is the wounded hand shaking or the normal aiming hand shaking?

Thats probably wounded.

Yes i know the COSLX  is your mod ,i read all readmes.No config file for AI part.
The unusable ASR -config not only my problem.

In the lib-ger-infantry.pbo i read if i good remember  3.9 is the number for accuracy.

I not know the LIB44/IFA/arma2 settings how is work ,if i changed to 0.1 no big difference with or without asr.

And the "class" ? names in this pbo different than i readed in asr files.Begins with "LIB" but in ARS files begins with "I44"

(i not know how it works the asr matematic ,possible this "class-names" is own asr "constans" or other thing for scripting.)

if the class names from lib-ger-infantry.bpo i writed into asr config for parametering ,no big difference,but i watched only the movements of healthy hands(shaking)

I test again later,only this thing need to enjoyable game,now after 1 minute in the first firefight all the soldiers do nothing but lie on the ground and shout and heal and drop smoke.....

no balance,no gaming experience

thnx for all help

Welcome. You'll need to look at what each file does and customize the mod to how you want.

In the version i customized for myself none of which you describe happens, any further questions i will help where i can

but understand IFWarMod like all my WarMods are customizable compilation mods, their meant to be customized to the player's

preferences, and the release thread along with included readmes will help you do that. Cheers!

Ifwarmod built for arma2/lib44 conversion.

And works fine,no question.ASR also works in the compilation.(SLX AI not fighting behavior AI,not?=..so the ASR works(ai attacks in groups,ai hearing etc...)

So all custom(lib44) character works in ASR ,works in SLX and works in all other component.

it's completely incomprehensible what causes that i can not to reduce my horror ai aiming

if you have an idea later then write it down

thanks all your answers
best regards

now i normalized:

-with 0.05 accuracy in units config

-All LIB units class write in to asr config

-All LIB units class write in to asr sys skill file

-Deleted the "DisabledInfantryWeaponDispersion_Gameplay_C_PvPscene.pbo" not this is the main cause but this pbo name sounds very bad :)

-and deleted 90% of mods,only slx,asr,fire+smokes,+1-2 active (later i will reactivate step by step,first read about this mods,or read your readme files again)

my dream now is how to have more life force for soldiers(but possible the game not use health points or armor points,but i rewrited the armor numbers,no results) and multiple injuries(animations), that the soldiers don't lie on the ground immediately

i now search a mod for this

• Like 1