Sign in to follow this  
manzilla

Can not load games. Missing content errors

I've been trying to load saved games but I keep getting deleted content errors. It seems to happen with every mission and the deleted content error contains about 20 .pbos. This happens when I try to load steam workshop mission. When I place the mission .pbo in the Missions folder it doesn't give me the error message. Instead the game just crashes.

Is anyone else having this issue?

I get it and I'm not even using the Workshop.

I'm playing a Whole lotta stratis (dropbox version). Whenever I die I get the content deleted error and then the screen just sits there showing the environment. It ONLY happens when I try to load a save game. It was fine yesterday.

To me that's no better than someone saying 'make sure your computer's plugged in and switched on'...

We have a game that should still be in Alpha/Beta that continuously breaks, yet every time the same suggestion turns up. Has it even worked for anyone ever, by the way? When do files randomly delete themselves?

I had to disable all of my Steam mods and the issue went away, so I guess once again the Workshop is broken in one way or another. Again. For some odd reason that cannot be pinpointed.

It's happening to me too.

This is a typica line into .rpt log:

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.halo_test, ca_anims, ca_anims_sdr, ca_anims_wmn, ca_heads, cadata_particleeffects, ca_dubbing_counterattack, ca_editor, calanguage, calanguage_missions, ca_hc_sounds, ca_modules, ca_missions_alternativeinjurysimulation, ca_modules_alice, ca_missions_ambientcombat, ca_modules_animals, ca_missions_battlefieldclearance, ca_modules_clouds, ca_modules_coin, ca_modules_dyno, ca_missions_firstaidsystem, ca_highcommand, ca_modules_marta, ca_modules_silvie, bi_srrs, ca_modules_uav, ca_modules_zora, casounds_missions, cafonts, ca_animals2_anim_config, ca_animals2_dogs, ca_missions, caweapons_ak, caweapons_ammoboxes, caweapons_bizon, caweapons_colt1911, caweapons_dmr, caweapons_ksvk, caweapons_m1014, caweapons_m107, caweapons_m252_81mm_mortar, caweapons_metis_at_13, caweapons_2b14_82mm_mortar, caweapons_saiga12k, caweapons_spg9, caweapons_vss_vintorez, caweapons_zu23, ca_missions_armory2, ca_missions_secops

^^^

Same problems on current stable build -can't load the Campaign as i get Ca_Character and a few others...

Also been having this problem. Figured it was due to mods but never bothered to fool around with it. Are you guy on dev or stable. Are you using mods?

I just switched back to dev and I am using the A2 map pack, JSRS, Blastcore, and of course CBA.

In the development general discussion thread there was some talk of this problem. Seemed to have to do with mods but it wasn't really pinpointed. some claimed removing A2 map pack helped others said it did nothing but removing other mods did.

Also been having this problem. Figured it was due to mods but never bothered to fool around with it. Are you guy on dev or stable. Are you using mods?

I just switched back to dev and I am using the A2 map pack, JSRS, Blastcore, and of course CBA.

In the development general discussion thread there was some talk of this problem. Seemed to have to do with mods but it wasn't really pinpointed. some claimed removing A2 map pack helped others said it did nothing but removing other mods did.

Ugh. As long as I been here and made the critical dumb ass mistake -yep, no mods, no errors. After removing mods but still trying to load my last (modded) save I got a bunch of CBA/TMR/STHUD etc.. dependency errors so it looks like there may be a wide spread problem here.

Ah well..

I get this too. It even refers to scripts that I have used in missions, which aren't even addons. This really frustrating, I'm trying to locate the file that has stored this info, finding that will be the key, I can then manually delete.

Yeah I just started having this problem too. I've had to disable all mods and it works. But this kind of sucks since mods are a necessity when it comes to ARMA. It keeps the game interesting, for me at least, since I kind of like having more than the few rifles the game offers in vanilla. The save games just load to a shot of the scenery and sits there, or there's an error pop-up saying something like "missing blah blah blah.continue".

And ive even uninstalled the game, removed all my savegames, removed all mods, removed the parameters to the startup in steam, and still i get this error.

now ive uninstalled the toolbox and the standalone server, and searched my systemreg for any arma 3 data.

Now ill try and reinstall....

Come on bohemia, please this is a great game, but you gotta make it Work!

Edited by kimsand

Make sure you also delete the Arma3.cfg in your Documents Arma 3 as well, this is where Arma 3 loads your mods when booting up the game so it may be useful to delete if you encounter any mod errors, or any errors in general. You'll reacquire a fresh .Cfg file the next time you boot up the game, so if you have altered anything within this file prior, you can do so again. :)

Also, you may have to configure a couple graphic settings when deleting and reacquiring this file. I believe Vsync, PIP and HDR re-enable themselves if you have them turned off.

Does deleting that file enable us to load saves while using mods?

I had this problem with A2 map pack and took it out of the expansion and it now works. I'd be careful of using new mods and test them with saves.

There's maybe 1 or 2 mods that work, the rest don't and I've been using them for some time now. 95% of the mods out there seem to produce error messages when trying to load a save game. The error message is weird ".continue".....never seen that one, lol. I'm just gonna try and reinstall everything. Come on, BI, you guys take one step forward which sets everything a giant leap back, lol. The modding community are really what holds this game together!

Does deleting that file enable us to load saves while using mods?

I don't know, have not tried it. Deleting the .Cfg is more for those who have errors for mods on start up. (Particularly those mods that become outdated due to BI patches) I attempted the Campaign with something like 30 different mods and as soon as I died or had to restart from an autosave point I get a long list of script errors and a CTD at times, although largely inconsistent. Oddly enough however is that restarting the mission entirely works rather than using autosave, which is a pain in the ass (but the only way to use mods). From what I can tell is that you just can't use mods in the Campaign for whatever reason, unless of course you don't mind restarting the entire mission if you die. The latest BI patch broke a lot of things though, such as task modules being broken and a few other things to do with Multiplayer, so hopefully a hotfix is issued soon.

I don't know, have not tried it. Deleting the .Cfg is more for those who have errors for mods on start up. (Particularly those mods that become outdated due to BI patches) I attempted the Campaign with something like 30 different mods and as soon as I died or had to restart from an autosave point I get a long list of script errors and a CTD at times, although largely inconsistent. Oddly enough however is that restarting the mission entirely works rather than using autosave, which is a pain in the ass (but the only way to use mods). From what I can tell is that you just can't use mods in the Campaign for whatever reason, unless of course you don't mind restarting the entire mission if you die. The latest BI patch broke a lot of things though, such as task modules being broken and a few other things to do with Multiplayer, so hopefully a hotfix is issued soon.

Well, I'll do the restart from the beginning thing then. Yeah, it's a pain but oh well. She'll have to do! Thanks for the tip, dude.

CBA, which many mods rely on, seems to be causing problems with reloading saved games.

CBA, which many mods rely on, seems to be causing problems with reloading saved games.

Nooooooooo! CBA's like my left nut, I never leave home without it!

hey guys im fairly new to pc gaming im on a gateway laptop game runs a little slow but im saving up to fix that last night i tried the multiplayer had a good confusing time, but now it says i have missing content some 360 degree help would be much appreciated.

hey guys im fairly new to pc gaming im on a gateway laptop game runs a little slow but im saving up to fix that last night i tried the multiplayer had a good confusing time, but now it says i have missing content some 360 degree help would be much appreciated.

Could you be more specific? When does it say you are missing content?On startup? What does it say?Are you using mods?