Sign in to follow this  
linuxmaster9

ArmA II ACE Wasteland

I am looking for individuals interested in helping to Integrate ACE and other addons into the Wasteland Mod/Mission.

Thanks for the link dude! I have been working on this since last October. I only posted here after I got IP banned from Realism unit sites for asking their ACE gurus for scripting help. I have a semi-finished pbo with issues with Medical and Stores. Other than that it is gravy. You can even run out the back of a C130 and HALO. ^_^

http://dev.withsix.com/attachments/download/21643/ACE_Wasteland_WmD_RMSAG.Chernarus.pbo

Did you guys remove the hearing damage and ear plugs? I have not been able to induce hearing damage yet....ran through 6 AKM mags on full auto with no results. Hearing damage was one of the best parts of ACE

Edited by LinuxMaster9

Did you guys remove the hearing damage and ear plugs? I have not been able to induce hearing damage yet....ran through 6 AKM mags on full auto with no results. Hearing damage was one of the best parts of ACE

Not sure an AKM will produce hearing damage in ACE.. try an AR or MG on full auto.. or fire an AT4

Well, I hopped on the static .50 emplacement and emptied a box with no ear plugs and no hearing damage or ringing.

Hmmm... not sure then. I've never seen these effects 'removed' .. I'm not aware of any ACE variable that disables it either (like "ace_sys_wounds_noai"). Are you also running ACRE? There used to be a bug with ACRE and combat deafness but I'm pretty sure that has been resolved.

nope. Not running it with ACRE ATM. But ACRE support is there. It pops up whining at mission start about mission ACRE radio stuff. Perhaps I should launch it with ACRE. I ported it to Vostok and added a couple ACE modules to it like ammo cookoff. I will be adding things like Group Link 4 (for the random day/night times every server restart as well as the AI), Zeus AI, and some other minor things. On Vostok I added in the Nimitz somewhere on the map ^_^. Now I just need to figure out how to make it refuel/rearm on it as well as the hearing damage issue. Other than that I would say it is good to go.

Now I just need to find a server to host it on. I do not relish giving up my personal computer to be a server or my internet connection.

I don't think not running ACRE would affect the deafness stuff in any way but worth a try...

Have you used GL4, Zeus, etc before for AI? I'm not familiar with Wasteland (might have tried it once a while ago), but using GL4 might be difficult if your AI are being spawned in during the mission. Also there are issues with Zeus_AI (and it's ace version) as it has not been updated in years and might be problematic especially if you are using the beta version of OA. PM me if you wanna discuss.

It just so happens we have an ACE server that sits idle 95% of the time (it's running modified ACE MSO on Lingor)... I'd have to ask but you might be able to use it at least for a while.... PM me if you like :p

Cool Beans! I am running the mission on my rig ATM with TADST. If you want to try it filter host for: RMSAG

The Modset is: ACE, ACEX, ACEX_RU, ACEX_PLA, ACEX_USNAVY, CBA, CBA_CO, JSRS, JSRS_ACE, Vostok, JDG_Nimitz, ACRE, Jayarma2Lib, st_bunnyhop, st_lb_enhance, stmovement ( i guess st etc are optional?)

And yes, I have used GL4 and Zues before and GL4 is amazing. Zues I'd have to check but they seemed fine last time I used them.

My TS3 server is 205.234.152.30:9996 (for ACRE etc{)

I can't really game at the moment my GPU is toast and I'm saving up to get a new system :(

You can also try @ASR_AI which is a great AI mod as well.

On your server there is no need to run these mods (but do have the bikeys in the \Keys folder if you use signature checking):

-JSRS

-JSRS_ACE

-st_bunnyhop

-stmovement

I belive both st_interact and st_lb_enhance need to be run on the server (st_interact for sure).

Also if you are using the non-beta version of A2OA you need to run all three cbas - CBA, CBA_A2, CBA_OA.

CBA_CO is for the beta version of A2OA.

Thanks for the tips.

I am actually having an issue after adding weapons and such to the mission. Now the guns in the gun store do not populate. Also, I have a spawning issue where helicopters that randomly spawn explode as soon as they spawn. Some appear to have spawned inside the ground. Any thoughts?

Here is the Server RPT:

http://pastebin.com/uZzHvap2

Edited by LinuxMaster9
added Pastebin

And yes, I have used GL4 and Zues before and GL4 is amazing. Zues I'd have to check but they seemed fine last time I used them.

Personally, I think the winning combo for AI behavior is ASR_AI and TPWCAS - I've seen some startlingly human behavior with these running on my dedi. Also, ZEUS AI Combat Skills has been unsupported for over two years, and was apparently broken with the 1.6 update.

Agreed Harzach.... I think ASR_AI and TWPCAS are the two best options at the moment.. Zeus does indeed break some things.

@LM9

I'm probably the wrong person to ask scripting questions like that.. especially since I've never picked apart a Wasteland mission. I would suggest asking that in a Wasteland thread or if there is a wasteland scripting skype channel or something that is your best bet.

how would I add ASR AI to the mission file? I know to launch it server side but I saw there were ASR AI difficulty options but they were set in the userconfig folder. Is it possible to force them server side? Also explain to me what this TWPCAS is. I have never heard of it. I was going with Zues since United Operations uses it and I was once one of them.

You just run them as addons on your server, like any other addon. Clients don't need to run them unless friendly AI is being commanded by players. Regarding the ASR_AI userconfig file, the user is the server, so the userconfig folder goes in the server's Arma 2 OA install folder.

TPWCAS (TPW and Coulum's AI Suppression) adds suppression effects, so you can actually suppress AI units. It also incorporates TPWLOS (TPW's AI Line-Of-Sight) which greatly improves (i.e. makes more realistic) AI's situational awareness, resulting in remarkably better CQB action against AI.

When Arma 2 updated to version 1.6, several of Zeus AI Combat Skills' functions were broken. It really makes no sense to use it now.

thanks for the tips!

I am looking for alternate islands to put ACE Wasteland on since the one I had chosen (Vostok) seems to have random vehicle spawning issues. Either they spawn in the ground and explode or they spawn above ground and explode. Or they dont sapwn at all in terms of weapon boxes. Don't get me wrong. I love Vostok but the spawning issues are driving me nuts. Any ideas for islands? Any ideas for solving the spawning?

---------- Post added at 22:54 ---------- Previous post was at 21:23 ----------

http://i.imgur.com/5qCYl5y.jpg (139 kB)

I keep respawning with this view after crashing in a plane or being shot out of the sky in a plane...... can't figure out how to stop that crap.

I am looking for a script to use that will spawn a player depending on the faction into the cargo bay of a Static C130J. Example, a player selects Blufor and selects the HALO spawn option, they are spawned inside the cargo of a Static C130J 10km in the sky with an open bay door that the player runs out of to HALO. This C130J is in the Blufor sector. The other factions have their own static C130 spawn points.

since this is in ACE, I would like to also spawn a crate in the cargo to allow the player to pick up a parachute.

i have tried this script

{_x assignAsCargo transport1} foreach units group player1; {_x moveInCargo transport1} foreach units group player1; this addWeapon ACE_ParachuteRoundPack;";  

Which apparently does nothing as the player is still on the ground at spawn.

^ is player1 the name of the group?

Not sure about your spawning issues are you sure it's island-related? Try Namalsk I love that map!!

The spawn issue seems to be not island specific. Statically spawned helos have no issues.

As far as that script, non static, blufor flying C130 has no issues, If it is a Static C130 does not work.

The spawn issue seems to be not island specific. Statically spawned helos have no issues.

As far as that script, non static, blufor flying C130 has no issues, If it is a Static C130 does not work.

The static C130 is a static object, not a vehicle, so it doesn't have cargo slots to move units into. Use the actual C130 vehicle and lock it into position by attaching it to a gamelogic or other object (with an appropriate Z offset, of course).

Also, minor but fatal errors in your code:

{_x assignAsCargo transport1} foreach units group player1; 
{_x moveInCargo transport1} foreach units group player1; 
this addWeapon ACE_ParachuteRoundPack;";  //  missing the leading quotation mark, trailing mark is after a superfluous semi-colon, what is "this" referring to?

Fixed:

{_x assignAsCargo transport1} foreach units group player1; {_x moveInCargo transport1} foreach units group player1; {_x addWeapon "ACE_ParachuteRoundPack"} foreach units group player1;

I am turning on the ACE Wasteland server running the Takistan version. It seems to work just fine. Filter for Risk Management. It uses ACE, ACEX, ACEX_RU, ACEX_PLA, ACEX_USNAVY, CBA, CBA_CO. your basic ACE mods.

It does have ACRE support. Feel free to use JSRS if you so choose.

I'd love to play Wasteland with ACE settings. Is your server still online?

It is. I am working on fixing a couple things though. Mainly the ability to run out the back of a C130 and HALO when you spawn. As well as add in a Hardware store where you can buy rope and radios