Sign in to follow this  
cervomix

Why there's no btr-80 (russian m113)

Cause russian have "only" bmp as APC, it would be cool to have a similar APC to M113! wink.gif

there are more topics where this is discussed

be patiend there will be one smile.gif

normaly russia doesnt really use apc for the jobs the m113 does in the us army... they use more ifvs like the bmp

but a btr-60/70/80or even 90 would be great smile.gif

Really?

I played M1 tank platoon 2 (a long time ago) who seemed realistic and i remember russian using platoons of BTR... ?

the BTR was widly used in afghanistan. it was the common APC there. even generals used to travel in BTRs instead of the better armed BMPs.

Because of their suspension makes the ride smoother than an American SUV! biggrin.gif

Yeah...who cares about the protection biggrin.gif I remember seeing a footage from Checenya - a Russian BTR-70 APC ran over an anit-infantry mine resilting in driver + 2 soldiers dead and a totaly incapacitated APC!

FlipeR

It amazes me how most addon makers totally neglect the East...(notable exception is Kegetys).

We don't all play West only, you know!

The ratio of West-East addons must be at least 6-1 at the moment.

Besides, even if you are playing as the West, where's the fun or challenge in fighting the East when you have them totally outgunned and your equipment completely blows theirs out of the water?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FlipeR @ Sep. 12 2002,12:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah...who cares about the protection biggrin.gif I remember seeing a footage from Checenya - a Russian BTR-70 APC ran over an anit-infantry mine resilting in driver + 2 soldiers dead and a totaly incapacitated APC!<span id='postcolor'>

http://members.lycos.co.uk/airassault/chechnya-operation.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Sep. 12 2002,11:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">http://members.lycos.co.uk/airassault/chechnya-operation.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

hmm these pics remember me of a russian squad hit by a HEAT in Reasitance. not very funny in real life though  confused.gif  sad.gif

i don't care about the protection because you're not better protected in a M113.

Ive seen a movie about a russian general who traveled with someone from the communist afghani-gouvernement in his BTR. it was in the late 80ies. they were attacked because they had this afghani on board. normaly the afghanis never attacked BTRs with russian generals on board, because the russians would pay it back harder than usual. a RPG hit the BTR between the wheels just at the place where the afghani was sitting. the rocket went through the ass of the afghani and found it's way through the BTR. nobod was killed. but some men had some serious burnings. the afghani died in hospital. after the incident the BTR still had all it's functions. and two holes at the size of an apple biggrin.gif  the BTR is mounted on a socket at an officers school in russia now. and the holes still can be seen between the wheels smile.gif

this was all filmed by a soldier. and it was the last day in afghanistan for the general because he was leading a rethreating convoy back to the UDSSR. damn this guy had a very strong language. you could hear "f*ck your mother" in every sentence! tounge.gif

well....looks like its way early in construction anyway wink.gif

I've got a payed model from De Espona though...

btr_70.jpg

The one in this pic is about 96k poly wink.gif but the other versions of it go to 1000 polys and 2000 polys.

EDIT: De Espona make some really nice work. smile.gif

go to www.deespona.com

if you look through the oxygen forums you will find another amazing looking btr-80 that looks nearly finished (exterior)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Sep. 13 2002,19:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">if you look through the oxygen forums you will find another amazing looking btr-80 that looks nearly finished (exterior)<span id='postcolor'>

you cannot anymore smile.gif The image link is broken.

ah well, and theres no point going and getting the De Espona models as they are only allowed to be used in renders/3d video's, releasing them in an addon would almost certainly end up with you in court

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Sep. 13 2002,20:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ah well, and theres no point going and getting the De Espona models as they are only allowed to be used in renders/3d video's, releasing them in an addon would almost certainly end up with you in court<span id='postcolor'>

yes, i know that. I'll just tease everybody with it. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Sep. 14 2002,05:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What a load of twaddle<span id='postcolor'>

wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Sep. 13 2002,20:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ah well, and theres no point going and getting the De Espona models as they are only allowed to be used in renders/3d video's, releasing them in an addon would almost certainly end up with you in court<span id='postcolor'>

What court?

De Espona, model-making company, restrict distribution of their models. So if somebody releases one of their models, it will be illegal.

http://www.kavkaz.org/video/fight%20in%20chechnya/podriv1.wmv

BTR mine clip.

As BTR's up to the latest version tend to catch alight if someone so much as mentions fire near them, it is usually used as proper battle taxi's (getting to the field) rather than mounted infantry such as BMP equipped units.

They don't have armour heavy enough to stop large calibre machine guns, have no chance against missiles and up to the latest version have escape hatches that only naked midgets could get out of in trouble, and roof hatches that require the men inside to calmly climb out one by one, getting shot at a height above any form of cover. (would you remain calm and collected if you knew the engine was about to explode, the cabin was full of smoke and your mates are in pieces around you.)

Look good though smile.gif

About DeEspona or something like this. Easter people don't care about any copyrights smile.gif All of our CDs which you can buy are illigally made. 98 % of them. And even if I want to buy a licence I won't be able to to it. So I think that we will release their model smile.gif)))