Sign in to follow this  
cervomix

Why there's no btr-80 (russian m113)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MrMilli @ Sep. 14 2002,15:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">http://www.kavkaz.org/video/fight%20in%20chechnya/podriv1.wmv

BTR mine clip.

As BTR's up to the latest version tend to catch alight if someone so much as mentions fire near them, it is usually used as proper battle taxi's (getting to the field) rather than mounted infantry such as BMP equipped units.

They don't have armour heavy enough to stop large calibre machine guns, have no chance against missiles and up to the latest version have escape hatches that only naked midgets could get out of in trouble, and roof hatches that require the men inside to calmly climb out one by one, getting shot at a height above any form of cover. (would you remain calm and collected if you knew the engine was about to explode, the cabin was full of smoke and your mates are in pieces around you.)

Look good though smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

same as M113 smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gunship [OFP-ZONE] @ Sep. 14 2002,22:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There is one BTR-80:

http://ofp-zone.gamesurf.tiscali.de/pics/btr.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

w0000000t confused.gif??? WHERE ? WHO ? WHEN ?

What the...??  wow.gif

Who made it? When is it out? Why has this only just been announced? Tell, tell!  biggrin.gif

EDIT: It's not a new unit by BIS for the Resistance patch by any chance is it?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gunship [OFP-ZONE] @ Sep. 14 2002,22:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There is one BTR-80:

http://ofp-zone.gamesurf.tiscali.de/pics/btr.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

when the f*ck was it announced on ofp-zone??

i check out the site serveral times per day but never saw it

never saw it at all... who made it?

Oh you mean PSC's BTR-70? Yes, its a peace of art...

BTR1.jpg

BTR2.jpg

BTR3.jpg

Any1 heard from him lately? I hope he haven't abandoned the project confused.gif

FlipeR

Nope not seen PSC on msn or icq for a long time now

bu thats a very good addon and its not of the next patch its made by PSC

Oohh for the War Gods!!! SO NICE!! hope BTR-70/80 (80 better hehe) will be soon inside OF. Thanks for those pics and when it will be released? he can't abandon that amazing proyect!

After trying O2 and knowing for myself the HARD is  to build things  I admire even more the ones that build units (official or not) and that BTR sure was hard work!  Thumbs up!

ps: hope that the front driver hatch can be closed and opened , maybe with the actual option in Resistance it will be possible for addons... the official BRDM can't close front hatch (becuase is "car" simulation  and not "tank" and u can't turn out/in on cars) but maybe now with the new actions in Resistance it will be finally possible... crossing fingers... heh! the above BTR isn't out yet and I start asking for details LOL better do before things are finished ;-)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FlipeR @ Sep. 15 2002,01:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh you mean PSC's BTR-70? Yes, its a peace of art...

BTR1.jpg

BTR2.jpg

BTR3.jpg

Any1 heard from him lately? I hope he haven't abandoned the project confused.gif

FlipeR<span id='postcolor'>

Drool...hope this will be ingame sometime soon! smile.gif

uh? How do you mean "hope this will be ingame sometime soon" wow.gif This thing IS ingame! mad.gif

biggrin.gif

FlipeR

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FlipeR @ Sep. 15 2002,07:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">uh? How do you mean "hope this will be ingame sometime soon" wow.gif  This thing IS ingame! mad.gif

biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

unfortunately not in his though biggrin.gif