Sign in to follow this  
YattaYatta

Preventing AI from disembarking a vehicle

This damn AI ! Googling arround I found a few suggestions to prevent AI from getting off a vehicle.

I tried the following :

lock true, lockDriver true, lockCargo true, enableAttack false, disableAI (all options), locking the soldier themselves ...

None seems to have any effect. AI keep getting off their truck as soon as they see me / take damage.

For various reasons I cant use the method with a CARELESS waypoint.

I double checked : no script error, and im using the lock on the right vehicle and enableAttack on the right units.

Im getting real mad at Opfor. Im starting to spend more time rage killing AI than actually scripting. è_é

Edited by YattaYatta

My only thought is to try:

[url=http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setCombatMode]setCombatMode[/url] "BLUE";

Haven't tested though. Only other suggestion is to put the driver/crew in a separate group then the cargo. Cargo won't getout if the driver, who is BLUE and CARELESS (or just BLUE if you can't do the other), ain't slowing down.

Thanks for that new option, but apparently it didnt work either. :(

However I think I found a solution : Im putting the driver and the passengers in two different groups. Now everyone seems to behave as intended. I have no idea why, as I was applyng the orders to every crew members, but oh well.

So I guess my problem is solved somehow.

Edit:

I spoke too soon. Adding your command and my separate group plus the other thing I did somehow solved my problem. Cleaning up the test mess now the problem is back. At leat I have a track to follow now.

Edit 2:

Apparently it works now.

What I did:

- Driver and passenger not in the same group

- all crew : setBehaviour "CARELESS";

- all crew : setCombatMode "BLUE";

- vehicle : lock 2

thanks

Edited by YattaYatta

allowCrewInmobile doesnt seem to work either. :/ So far the only way I've been able to keep them in vehicle was to set _group setBehaviour "CARELESS";