Sign in to follow this  
araripe

ArmA 2: OA Tactical Guide

Hi there,

I am starting with ArmA series games from now, and I wanna know if is there any kind of Tactical Guide for ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead. I have only 53 hours of Military Simulation Experience, and I do not know a lot of tactical things. I could pass the missions as well, but I guess it was lucky. I do not know anything about military movements and things like it.

I am only experienced with enemy fire reactions and basic counter-attacks. But I do not know anything about the use of Artillery, UAVs and things like it.

Can someone help me?

Dslyecxi, founder of the ARMA community "ShackTactical" wrote this extremely detailed and useful guide covering everything you'll need to know about tactics. It really helped me when I was developing our group's tactical doctrine and it cleared up some of the confusion I had from reading real world military training manuals on tactics and such. Also if you're interested in taking tactical approaches to missions, I'd suggest finding an online squad -- the AI aren't exactly the best teammates.

http://ttp2.dslyecxi.com

Dslyecxi, founder of the ARMA community "ShackTactical" wrote this extremely detailed and useful guide covering everything you'll need to know about tactics. It really helped me when I was developing our group's tactical doctrine and it cleared up some of the confusion I had from reading real world military training manuals on tactics and such. Also if you're interested in taking tactical approaches to missions, I'd suggest finding an online squad -- the AI aren't exactly the best teammates.

http://ttp2.dslyecxi.com

Thanks for the tips, mate! I will read this artichle for sure!

Well, AI isn't really good, but I do not have option. I am not with internet at home, and I really cannot play at the office.

But thank you a lot! It'll help me a lot!

Araripe: if you're looking to increase the quality of the AI give these 2 mods a try:

Robalo's ASR AI

TPWCAS - TPWC AI Suppression System

Also if you like audio, then try JSRS sound mod but you'll need to find access to fast internet access because IIRC the last release weighed 1GB

But trust me its well worth it!

Oh, thanks for these tips, mate!

I will download the AI mods for sure!

I do not have any troubles with the weapon sounds. They are clean and good.

I saw a video of an Arma 3 gameplay and the sounds are 1000x better. Very great. But for a 2009's game the sound is cool.

Only the Ak-47 sound isn't good.