Sign in to follow this  
Flens

Best optimized dynamic ai spawner/cacher?

Just off the top of my head, it looks like you've got both the militarize and simplecache calls written wrong. Everything is pretty well spelled out and linked to on the Armaholic download page, including the documentation..

The calls were created with the flash utility, are you saying it's faulty?

No, just that you're probably inputting the information wrong.

For example. For simpleCache to work, you need to give each militarize call a unique ID (last parameter in the militarize call), you have '1' for every single one. And in simpleCache, the first array in your parameters is supposed to be the array of those unique ID's, not players.

You are asking for a script that will spawn ai in towns for you and automatically spawn reinforcements for Adjacent towns if they become attacked.

That sounds more like an entire mission than a simple script! And it will be possible with effort and patience. Something I don't think you have. :(

Anyway I would recommend using upsmon for spawning reinforcements and my own eos for populating areas with ai.

Anyway I would recommend using upsmon for spawning reinforcements and my own eos for populating areas with ai.

h

o

w

?

Your own documentation is woefully inadequate.

h

o

w

?

Your own documentation is woefully inadequate.

It's fairly simple. Just look at the openme.sqf inside the eos folder. Moreover the script comes as template misson which you can refer back to.

Did you even take a look at his 4 page .pdf file?

Everything you need to know is in there.

That's more documentation than most people add to their scripts.

• Like 1

Did you even take a look at his 4 page .pdf file?

Everything you need to know is in there.

That's more documentation than most people add to their scripts.

True. The pdf is full of information. However some of the examples are outdated.

True. The pdf is full of information. However some of the examples are outdated.

Then how about you update it?

Oh no I'm being entitled again, I should just be figuring everything out on my own instead.

Does eos even support ai caching or will I just be wasting my time?

You're being very ungrateful. I've an easy to understand example mission I made just for you. Detailed comments, the whole works. It's in the trash now LOL.

• Like 1

I should just be figuring everything out on my own instead.

Welcome to the world of Arma scripting my friend. 95% of arma scripting is having to figure out stuff on your own. If you can't do that, especially when things are well documented, you might want to try your hand something else.

Not trying to be blunt, but Arma scripting can be a bear, and if you can't deal with things not working the first time you try them, you're going to be in for a lot of disappointment.

Then how about you update it?

Oh no I'm being entitled again, I should just be figuring everything out on my own instead.

Does eos even support ai caching or will I just be wasting my time?

Because you shouldn't expect much support for a product which you're not paying for... This is a hobby for most people, not a job, so usually most work here is on the backburner of importance.

But not to gang-up on you though; so back to the question, you may want to try my script out (caches and distributes AI automatically, but doesn't spawn them [which is the easy part anyways], also it's the fastest and most accurate script for this that you can get): http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170539-AI-Caching-and-Distribution-System

I should just be figuring everything out on my own instead.

Yes, yes you should, just like everyone else....

>Unit Caching and Distribution Script

How exactly do I set up the config.sqf?

What do the following lines do in specific terms?

#define GLOBAL_SPAWN_DISTANCE (viewDistance + 250) // Meters VIEWDISTANCE? FOR WHO? HOW DOES THIS FUNCTION WITH THE TAW VD SCRIPT?

#define CACHE_UNIT_SPAWN_FNC {DOES ANYTHING GO HERE? IF SO WHAT?} // Should remain small, will be sent to all clients on mission load

Also your headlessclient image is from arma 2, is the process the same in arma 3? If not what is different?

>Welcome to the world of Arma scripting my friend. 95% of arma scripting is having to figure out stuff on your own. If you can't do that, especially when things are well documented, you might want to try your hand something else.

Calling any of these spawning systems well documented is fucking farcical at this point.

You're being very ungrateful. I've an easy to understand example mission I made just for you. Detailed comments, the whole works. It's in the trash now LOL.

Do you have more stories of you wasting your time? I'd love to hear them.

>Welcome to the world of Arma scripting my friend. 95% of arma scripting is having to figure out stuff on your own. If you can't do that, especially when things are well documented, you might want to try your hand something else.

Calling any of these spawning systems well documented is fucking farcical at this point.

Do you have more stories of you wasting your time? I'd love to hear them.

Reading most of your posts makes it pretty obvious that the problem is on your side.

Insulting people that are trying to help and even put up commented example missions makes you look like a bad troll.

Reading most of your posts makes it pretty obvious that the problem is on your side.

Insulting people that are trying to help and even put up commented example missions makes you look like a bad troll.

Responding with derision and condescension just because someone doesn't have the time to sit down and learn coding just to be able to make sense of your half assed readme makes you look like a monumental wanker.

Responding with derision and condescension just because someone doesn't have the time to sit down and learn coding just to be able to make sense of your half assed readme makes you look like a monumental wanker.

Lol, monumental indeed, so how's the game working for ya so far? Having fun hmm? I like the new trick you taught me..

L

O

L

C

A

T

S

@mods - perhaps we can just get rid of this thread?

Edited by SavageCDN
sober 2nd thought ;)

Could someone tell me why this guy hasn't been banned by now? Read his posts, they are all obnoxious and rude to the people who are trying to help him!