Sign in to follow this  
Flens

Best optimized dynamic ai spawner/cacher?

I'd like to know what the best ai spawner script is, and also which one adds the most ai functionality.

Having a bunch of opfor spawn in towns dynamically is neat but what would be more neat is if one town sends reinforcements to the other if they recognise their friends are being sieged.

Dynamic AI Creator but unfortunately it's not (yet) available for Arma 3 :p

EOS does a lot of what you want except I don't think calling in reinforcements is one of them. Have a look at UPSMON for A3 - groups communicate via radio and can send/receive reinforcements.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170803-UPSMON-Updated-to-ArmaIII

I would also recommend you keep an eye on the ALiVE thread. Think of it like MSO for A3. Maybe more than what you are looking for but even a simple setup can produce some amazing results.

And it depends on your AI spawning methods. The AI Spawn Script Pack has a good 'simpleCache.sqf' built in for units that are spawned with other scripts.

DAC for arma2 did a really great job at this,

for arma3 there's upsmon which can do similar stuff if you can wrap your head around saving template groups to spawn them with triggers or the likes.

And it depends on your AI spawning methods. The AI Spawn Script Pack has a good 'simpleCache.sqf' built in for units that are spawned with other scripts.

Sure but how do I use that? Do I still have to use specific triggers for every spawn if I use simplecache?

Ideally what I'm looking for is something that spawns and despawns stuff independent of triggers and only takes into account markers.

Ideally what I'm looking for is something that spawns and despawns stuff independent of triggers and only takes into account markers.

The EOS script is all based around markers. You make a marker, name it, and then define the type and amount of units in one of the script files.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?153100-Enemy-occupation-system-%28eos%29

Watch the video if you want to know how to use it.

Sure but how do I use that? Do I still have to use specific triggers for every spawn if I use simplecache?

AI Spawn Script pack is based on markers or whaterver you set as your center point for the spawn. It then checks for players within the range you pick and spawns/despawns based on that, no triggers needed. Like Fight9 said, EOS does that as well. I think most spawn / cache scripts are built that way nowadays.

The best thing to do is create an empty mission, create a spawn point and test out the various scripts and see which you like the best. They all are a bit different and excel in different areas, so it'll depend on your mission concept/setup which works best for you.

AI Spawn Script pack is based on markers or whaterver you set as your center point for the spawn. It then checks for players within the range you pick and spawns/despawns based on that

Where? I'm not seeing this range anywhere.

you could try EOS and UPSMON, editing EOS to use UPSMON to spawn units.

Doesn't seem simple to use at all, and there's no definitive version of dac for arma 3 either.

if you look in EOS Core you will find this part:

// SPAWN HOUSE PATROLS
_n=0;
_aGrp=[];
	while {_n < _aGrps} do 
	{	
	_n=_n+1;
	if (_cache) then {
			_cacheGrp=format ["HP%1",_n];
			_units=_eosActivated getvariable _cacheGrp;	
					_aSize=[_units,_units];
					_aMin=_aSize select 0;
						if (_debug)then{player sidechat format ["ID:%1,restore - %2",_cacheGrp,_units];};
						};
							if (_aMin > 0) then {
									_aGroup=[_mPos,_aSize,_faction,_side] call EOS_spawnPatrol;	
										0=[_mPos,units _aGroup,_mkrX,0,[0,20],true] call callHouseScript;
											_aGrp=_aGrp+[_aGroup];sleep 0.1;
					if (_debug) then {hint "Spawning House patrol";0= [_mkr,_n,"House Patrol",getpos (leader _aGroup)] call EOS_debug};
											};
	};

and if you edit

0 = [_mPos,units _aGroup,_mkrX,0,[0,20],true] call callHouseScript;

to something like:

0 = [leader _aGroup,_mkr,"FORTIFY","NOVEH2","spawned"] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

then you can ofcourse change the way you call UPSmon to get different behaivor of the spawned AI

Wrong attitude buddy! People trying to help and your not even willing to attempt to have a go!?

Wrong attitude buddy! People trying to help and your not even willing to attempt to have a go!?

What what you posted would only make sense to me if I had some understanding of how either eos or upsmon works. I don't.

You didn't catch on to the bit where I asked for something user friendly?

And you were given links to something very "user friendly", also you need to at least attempt to get something to work, if you can't figure it out then go to those threads (eos/upsmon) and ask for help.

At least download EOS and Upsmon have a look at what Hansson was showing you.

Or simply use AI Spawn Script Pack by spunFIN, it doesn't get much simpler than that.

Edited by Katipo66

EOS has no documentation for its reinforcement feature

d

r

o

p

p

e

d

Still haven't gotten any conclusive answer

What is the best optimized dyanmic ai spawner/cacher that has full documentation, works independently of triggers and is capable of interplay between different spawn zones for calling reinforcements?

You didn't catch on to the bit where I asked for something user friendly?

To be fair, there is no "super newby friendly" AI spawning / caching systems. They all require you to get familiar (learning curve of sorts) with how they work and usually provide usage examples and even entire example missions. I bet if you sat aside your current project and instead dedicate that time to learning how one works (UPSMON ... EOS etc etc) , you'll be money ahead in no time.

As I posted earlier in this thread UPSMON has full documentation of all features and is what you want.

You need to make yourself familiar with its usage though, it's ArmA after all.

UPSMON Wiki

UPSMON

Where? I'm not seeing this range anywhere.

You need to use Militarize/Fillhouse scripts in conjunction with the simpleCache script. But if you're looking for something that calls reinforcements from other zones, you can probably drop AI Spawn Script Pack as it does not do that.

And as Iceman said, there are no "Super newbie friendly" AI caching/spawning scripts because Arma scripting in general just isn't super newbie friendly. You'll likely not find any script for anything that you'll just use 'out of the box' and you're going to need to understand the basics of scripting to implement and likely modify most scripts to fit your specific mission needs. I use 7 or 8 scripts in my missions, almost every one of which I've had to mod or tweak myself.

Edited by Meatball

>You need to use Militarize/Fillhouse scripts in conjunction with the simpleCache script.

Then why isn't this working?

2,50,[true,false],[false,false,false],false,[10,6],[3,0],"default",nil,nil,1] execVM "LV\militarize.sqf";

nul = [zone_1,2,50,[true,false],[false,false,false],false,[20,6],[3,0],"default",nil,nil,1] execVM "LV\militarize.sqf";

nul = [zone_2,2,50,[true,false],[false,false,false],false,[6,6],[3,0],"default",nil,nil,1] execVM "LV\militarize.sqf";

nul = [zone_3,2,50,[true,false],[false,false,false],false,[6,4],[3,0],"default",nil,nil,1] execVM "LV\militarize.sqf";

nul = [zone_4,2,50,[true,false],[false,false,false],false,[6,4],[3,0],"default",nil,nil,1] execVM "LV\militarize.sqf";

nul = [zone_5,2,50,[true,false],[false,false,false],false,[10,6],[3,0],"default",nil,nil,1] execVM "LV\militarize.sqf";

nul = [zone_6,2,50,[true,false],[false,false,false],false,[10,6],[3,0],"default",nil,nil,1] execVM "LV\militarize.sqf";

nul = [zone_7,2,50,[true,false],[false,false,false],false,[10,6],[3,0],"default",nil,nil,1] execVM "LV\militarize.sqf";

nul = [zone_8,2,50,[true,false],[false,false,false],false,[6,2],[3,0],"default",nil,nil,1] execVM "LV\militarize.sqf";

nul = [[player1,player2,player3,player4,player5,player6,player7,player8,player9,player10,player11,player12,player13],[player1],1000,true,true] execVM "LV\LV_functions\LV_fnc_simpleCache.sqf";

>But if you're looking for something that calls reinforcements from other zones, you can probably drop AI Spawn Script Pack as it does not do that.

Then what does and where exactly is the damn documentation?

Just off the top of my head, it looks like you've got both the militarize and simplecache calls written wrong. Everything is pretty well spelled out and linked to on the Armaholic download page, including the documentation.

And just a suggestion, people here are generally helpful and pretty friendly, but if you come across with an attitude, you'll pretty quickly find folks not responding.