Sign in to follow this  
sancron

AMD Mantle Support possible?

So, will this be implemented, will it not be implemented? I'd love to get Mantle working here.

mantle is a closed beta ! and BIS is not in the boat for testing. when you will mantle beta for tests in arma then you have to write AMD

Edited by JgBtl292

i love to see germans mistake their coat (mantel) with mantle :D

Sent from mobile

CryEngine is on board now!

http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/mantle_api_will_be_supported_by_crytek.html

And now this! Directx 12 will be supported by older videos cards! From amd HD 7000 and Nvidia GTX 400.

http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/nvidia_directx_12_is_huge_improvement_for_gaming.html

Edited by Grillob3

Any news, if Mantle will be implemented?

Come on BI Studios! yon can't miss the train, put the Mantle support in your roadmap!

i think "mantle" means rewrite a lot of thing. it is clearly an investment . something usefull for company who can afford it , and get top notch performance and visual , while being able to reuse it for several game. it's like change an engine using gazoline , to a steam engine. you can't simply modify the first one. you need to build it from ground. and knowing mantle will imply much more work force ...

it is what i understood from few dev blog i read .

It doesn't take that long. If you said you read around the net, you probably went over that part which said for Star Swarm (an engine originally build and heavily optimized for DX) a single guy implemented Mantle support in about 2 months.

Anyone using the AMD Catalyst 14.4? did you notice any changes in frame drops? I lost about 10/15 once installed.

Catalyst 14.6 beta is out

I know mantle makes a huge difference in BF4 for me performance wise compared to DX. Less stuttering, higher avg fps etc....

I know mantle makes a huge difference in BF4 for me performance wise compared to DX. Less stuttering, higher avg fps etc....

At the same time, I get worse stutters in Thief 4, lower minimum FPS but approx. same max fps. I haven't tried with 14.6 yet tho, just something I noticed on 14.4.

Have it in Arma is a great advertisement for the Arma title too.

I just read this article by Firaxis Games, about why they went with Mantle and I couldn't stop thinking how much it would benefit ArmA. Since CPU utilization remains ArmA's biggest bottleneck, an implementation would offer playable framerates when something is actually happening.

Edited by beastcat

I just read this article by Fireaxis Games, about why they went with Mantle and I couldn't stop thinking how much it would benefit ArmA. Since CPU utilization remains ArmA's biggest bottleneck, an implementation would offer playable framerates when something is actually happening.

anyone knows if mantle is open for developers now? wikipedia states its still beta. as ARMA is one of the most CPUbottlenecked games i know, i strongly hope BI do their homework.

anyway, all optimization would be very welcome as I'm currently waiting for my Rift DK2. every single fps will count :D

Sent from mobile

anyone knows if mantle is open for developers now? wikipedia states its still beta. as ARMA is one of the most CPUbottlenecked games i know, i strongly hope BI do their homework.

anyway, all optimization would be very welcome as I'm currently waiting for my Rift DK2. every single fps will count :D

If I understand the firaxis article correctly, developers have to pay a fee.

They are bringing in more devs, I thing from autumn or something like that, will become open for all. Not sure though.