Sign in to follow this  
marksinnerdemon

Explosions near fire on Dedicated servers causing 1-2 FPS/ crash

Someone elsie stated a similar issue, but he didn't state if this was on sever or on personal PC for him. I have played campaigns and not had a issue with the frame rate drop, but on a server it drops to nothing. Anyone have any ideas?

Not sure what it is, but the same thing happens to me. Near any burning vehicle, my FPS drops to less than 1 frame per second. Only happens in multiplayer on a dedicated server.

Yep me to on a multiplayer server, it only seems to happen if you're very close armour that gets blown up.

I also have this problem and it drives me crazy. It only started happening to me this past week or so. It happens in multiplayer if Im near an explosion (vehicles blowing up mostly) and it also happens if Im playing the dynamic universal warfare system addon on singleplayer. In multiplayer it will go away after about 20 seconds or so, or until I die. When it happens in DUWS single player, I have to exit the mission completely to fix it. Also when it happens in DUWS, I cant even go into my video options when I press escape, the only option that works is abort. Any help is greatly appreciated

Same here. Goes away after about 30sec after the vehicle explodes, but it's miserable until then ~1FPS.

I am going to try to load test some things on the sever with the guys when we get a chance. Apparently we aren't the ones recently experince this which is good, but it could be a mod or something else. If anyone understand arma under the hood better I can get you any info, logs etc if you want to look at the info.

I am going to try to load test some things on the sever with the guys when we get a chance. Apparently we aren't the ones recently experince this which is good, but it could be a mod or something else. If anyone understand arma under the hood better I can get you any info, logs etc if you want to look at the info.

It's very common in Invade & Annex, no mods.

Well isn't I&A got some mods in there that could be causing that issue as well? Are the people who made I&A floating around that I could PM and maybe do some script comparisons?

Well isn't I&A got some mods in there that could be causing that issue as well?

You are confusing modifications with scripts.

Just jump on any I&A server for a second then unpack the mission file from your MPMissionsCache to see what scripts are being used.

My knowledge of Arma under the hood is about that of most people and micro biology.... if they were awake in class. I will have my buddy who knows more look at it.

Same problem on a Teetimes mission.

I suspect a "cleaning wreck" script looping when the vehicle is burning, I'm not good enough to find which one and unfortunately I've no time to investigate further but if someone find the solution if could be magic!

Anyway if it could interest someone I'll try to make a list of the scripts used in this teetime mission to see if there is a match we other missions facing the same trouble.

Otherwise with other mission using BIS respawn only, everything is working fine...

I cannot believe this issue only has two pages - this is making the game almost unplayable :(

That being said....I am only experiencing it on the Arma3 Map Pack (Takistan, Zargabad...etc, etc). I will test explosions on Altis and Stratis later......hoping it gets fixed real soon!!

I get this issue on normal MP servers running Invade & Annex.

Last time it happened, I had zero FPS. No movement whatsoever. I blew up my car I was driving that got damaged with grenades. Quit the game shortly after.

I get this issue on normal MP servers running Invade & Annex.

Last time it happened, I had zero FPS. No movement whatsoever. I blew up my car I was driving that got damaged with grenades. Quit the game shortly after.

LOL. It has become a feared event now on MP servers. "Don't go within 50 meters of that wreck or you'll go into SlideShow mode!"

It's kinda sad actually.

I cannot believe this issue only has two pages - this is making the game almost unplayable :(

That being said....I am only experiencing it on the Arma3 Map Pack (Takistan, Zargabad...etc, etc). I will test explosions on Altis and Stratis later......hoping it gets fixed real soon!!

Additionally. We had a few fires (from editor) around our objective. These fires illuminated the compound walls and surrounding structure etc. Time was 8.30 PM etc. When getting close to the walls our FPS dropped from normal (50-60) to 1-2.

Then we removed the fire and found the FPS was normal in the same compound. We then blew up a car.....we were close to the burning wreck.....and FPS took a nose dive once again to 1-2 fps.

THIS IS GAME BREAKING, BIS!

I'm fairly sure that this is not a wreck clean-up issue. Some early reports blamed BLASTCORE but since we turned it off, we are still getting this issue. Started a couple of weeks back.....may have been with the last Stable build update.

My gut feeling: It's a lighting issue. But who knows. All I know is that ARMA 3 is unplayable as it is.

BIS. Please reply.

Zeo

Additionally. We had a few fires (from editor) around our objective. These fires illuminated the compound walls and surrounding structure etc. Time was 8.30 PM etc. When getting close to the walls our FPS dropped from normal (50-60) to 1-2.

Then we removed the fire and found the FPS was normal in the same compound. We then blew up a car.....we were close to the burning wreck.....and FPS took a nose dive once again to 1-2 fps.

THIS IS GAME BREAKING, BIS!

I'm fairly sure that this is not a wreck clean-up issue. Some early reports blamed BLASTCORE but since we turned it off, we are still getting this issue. Started a couple of weeks back.....may have been with the last Stable build update.

My gut feeling: It's a lighting issue. But who knows. All I know is that ARMA 3 is unplayable as it is.

BIS. Please reply.

Zeo

It's a ARMA 3 issue. Get used to it, going to be around for a very long time!

It's a ARMA 3 issue. Get used to it, going to be around for a very long time!

So this started a week or so back....and you are telling me its going to be around for a very long time. Are you confusing general low FPS on MP servers with this? Re-read the thread man. There is a serious issue that is NEW and game breaking. I've played 1200 hrs of this game. I think my team may have noticed before this if it was truly a long standing issue.

Zeo

bitter truth is, bugs &performance probs on various objects(trees,bushes,smoke etc) come and go with every patch since Opf (and partly always the same)