chortles

F-35B Lightning II

Any change to still get this fixed?

Warning Message: Picture p:\f35b\ui\picture_f35b_ca.paa not found

I see a bug in auto-hover off if you increase your thrust it goes forward and goes up in the air. :P Could you make a stealth version also?

Its not a bug, its how it was set up, I think Chairborne has partial solution to it but I think development for this mod has stopped for now

Its not a bug, its how it was set up, I think Chairborne has partial solution to it but I think development for this mod has stopped for now

When I mean by that is even if you accelerate the tiniest bit it still goes up. It's like stovl but like RSTOVL [Really Short Take-Off and Vertical Landing] if chairborne has the solution to this could you please link it?

;2851014']Any change to still get this fixed?

Warning Message: Picture p:\f35b\ui\picture_f35b_ca.paa not found

+1 here.

+1 here.

Hi there,

I have a solution if you want to fix it, it is really easy actually.

1. Find the addon folder, you will want to be in the folder that contains "addons", "keys", "mod.cpp" and "picture_f35b_ca.paa". Usually that is the folder you are in after opening the @CHO_F35B folder
  2. Open the "mod.cpp" with notepad
  3. Find this line "picture="P:\F35B\UI\picture_f35b_ca.paa";" and remove the "P:\F35B\UI\"
  4. The file should now look something like below:
    name="F-35B Lightning II";
    picture="picture_f35b_ca.paa";
    action="http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?171239-F-35B-Lightning-II";
    hidePicture=0;
    hideName=0;

5. Save and close notepad
  6. Launch Arma
  7. Rejoice in happiness of no more errors!

That should do it. Feel free to ask me for help if your still having issues.

I feel as if the pilot sits too far forward and landing on some surfaces causes me to explode

I would like to ask permission to include this mod in my combined pack for my server. I really like this mod and am creating a combined pack for my server and would like to include this one.

I know this is an old thread an addon... but would you consider updating it for the Jets DLC release?

I've heard that some level of "stealth" will be modeled with the new sensor system (shorter lock ranges, longer lock times? higher chance of decoys working? I have no idea), even if not, for RP reasons I would really like to see a version of this without the gunpod and wing pylons (ie, going closer to the vanilla F-35B from Arma 2), ie a "stealth" variant. Or at least the option to "hide" the pylons in the editor.

With the new loadout system, perhaps you don't need there to be 3 versions of it (CAS, AA, LGB), and you could just have a "clean"/"stealth" variant and a "dirty"/"external pylons" version. (perhaps give the no pylons version a higher speed and acceleration as well)

*note: 6 internal stations would be great, or some paired rails for a station, so that 6 AMRAAMs could be loaded internally, as it can in real life... but I think something like this:

F35+with+Meteor+and+Spear+3.jpg

from earlier in the thread could be excessive if those ATG missiles are macer IIs rather than say... Scalpels

It also wouldn't hurt to give it a nice targeting pod with NV/IR/DTV view modes, a rotatable camera (its fixed forward now), and a laser designator to match. On top of that, it would be nice if the camera tracked a point on the ground as we see for the Black Wasp II in the preview video:

Lastly... I seem to have a lot of reflections inside the cockpit that make it hard to see out, is there any way to reduce this?

For a game set in 2035, it really needs to have the F-35B, so great mod!

• Like 1