diesel5187

MOD: NATO Hellcats

Are these compatible with Lifter?

Yes, the transport version is. I believe the weight of the weapons and munitions limits the armed version from lifting.

Lifter v1.03 Changelog:

Fixed:

-Expanded range of search object at the lower end of sling (formerly 3 meters, now 7 meters)

-Relocated position sling, camera and LCD display in cabine to CH-47F (resized by Aplion)

-Redefinition of classes Nato Hellcats http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24161

Addition:

-Ropes now down with dropped objects (there are still problems with the "static" class)

-Configurable key (user10) to acquire and release the object to be lifted (still the action remains in the dropdown menu)

-Nato Striders http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24892

-Helicopters from massi http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19346

Sweeeeeeet. These are my favorite choppers in the game. Thanks for your hard work!

Can you make a SP version with the abillity to Co-pilot the chopper so that PVP players could maybe use one as a support asset ;fly to ops area,then switch to co-pilot seat and have some sort of auto-pilot and decide the heigt manually and the direction the nose point to and maybe even some TOW-missiles?

Sence this chopper is so nice and stable could this be made to work in Viritual armoury and Bootcamp. I definetly want it as a placeble ,usable object in Zeus.A Module for CAS ,perhaps?

tnx,John

Can you make a SP version with the abillity to Co-pilot the chopper so that PVP players could maybe use one as a support asset ;fly to ops area,then switch to co-pilot seat and have some sort of auto-pilot and decide the heigt manually and the direction the nose point to and maybe even some TOW-missiles?

Sence this chopper is so nice and stable could this be made to work in Viritual armoury and Bootcamp. I definetly want it as a placeble ,usable object in Zeus.A Module for CAS ,perhaps?

tnx,John

I can't add new weapons since I can't edit the model. I'll look into the other stuff.

Well after over 10 hours of reading, testing, and comparing the stock scripts to the modded ones I have concluded that the stock Hellcats are broken since the last update in new and interesting ways. Even if you are flying a Pawnee, the game will allow you to lock on to vehicles with the m134 miniguns or with the dumb DAR rockets. The stock independent Hellcats on the other hand, will not let you do that.

All the variables that I believe should be there like the "weaponLockSystem", "radartype", amongst others are there, but the the stock or even the modded version refuse to lock on to anything at all.

Since I have exhausted all options I am asking the community for help, if you have any idea on how to fix this post in this thread or on the one below.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?180697-NATO-Hellcats-DAGR-missiles-wont-lock

No I didn't make one, I am away from the PC at this time, if you really want it, I'll do the necessary changes to it. But right now, the DAGRs are basically dumb rockets just like the DARs.

Thanks for this mod Diesel, very nice.

Hopefully someone will make a British Navy Lynx skin and then it will be perfect.

There are a couple of lines that occur in the report files (.rpt) which it would be nice to have fixed:

AW159_Transport_Grey: lever_pilot - unknown animation source collectiveRTD

AW159_Transport_Grey: pedalL - unknown animation source rudderRTD

(above 2 lines occur for each variant used)

Thanks again,

Apollo

3 Commando Brigade

Thanks for this mod Diesel, very nice.

Hopefully someone will make a British Navy Lynx skin and then it will be perfect.

There are a couple of lines that occur in the report files (.rpt) which it would be nice to have fixed:

AW159_Transport_Grey: lever_pilot - unknown animation source collectiveRTD

AW159_Transport_Grey: pedalL - unknown animation source rudderRTD

(above 2 lines occur for each variant used)

Thanks again,

Apollo

3 Commando Brigade

Does this also happen with the vanilla version of the helicopter? I don't think this mod alters the animations at all.

Does this also happen with the vanilla version of the helicopter? I don't think this mod alters the animations at all.

Ah yes, so it does. I should have known better than to think the vanilla version was without errors!

I_Heli_light_03_F: lever_pilot - unknown animation source collectiveRTD

I_Heli_light_03_F: pedalL - unknown animation source rudderRTD

Not to worry then. :)

Edited by UK_Apollo

Was the removal of the laser designator intentional? Would the DAGRs be able to lock onto those vs. targeting vehicles directly?

It seems like this mod doesn't support firing-from-vehicles. Is it possible it could get added (I bet it's just config inheritance missing or something that BI made in a weird way)?

More than likely it's something simple, I don't have access to my PC at this time, but I'll surely be working on it by Feb.

Well yes, I just got my PC together last week, I'll probably work on this tomorrow. :cheers:

I fixed the firing as passenger from the armed version, it was extremely simple. I'll be switching the inventory to have rockets, and some other useful items I hope those who follow the mod will like. Release should go up today.

Awesome! :D

May I ask what the problem was, because I can't see anything that could cause it since you keep all other config inherited directly?

I did not call on the correct class name to inherit all the properties of the original helicopter, the DAGRs still don't work for some random reason...

New version available as promised!

Version 1.4:

-Fixed shooting from cargo.

-Modified Inventory:

--Titan MPRL Launcher - 1

--Titan MPRL Compact - 1

--PCML - 1

--Titan AA Missile - 3

--Titan AT Missile - 3

--PCML Missile - 3

--Laser Designator - 2

--Laser Batteries - 4

--FAK - 10

--Toolkit - 1

--GPS - 2

dropbox-logo.png

Edited by Diesel5187

Thanks a lot!

---------- Post added at 01:40 ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 ----------

Uhm, have you maybe forgotten to include the textures? Size went down to 5kb from 9MB and only config.bin is present.