diesel5187

MOD: NATO Hellcats

Big news everyone! We've found a couple of bugs!

These bugs do not affect the armed version of the helicopter.

When flying the transport chopper in first person you see the armed version's shadow(1st screenshot) and no matter what texture you have applied to it, it calls for the green one(2nd screenshot). We believe this is an issue in the model, so we don't know if we're gonna be able to fix it since we can't edit binarized .p3d files.

http://i.imgur.com/BhXgvVp.jpg (714 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/thBCwal.jpg (305 kB)

If anyone has a solution for this please feel free to share it with the world!

Snap, that looks creepy. :eek:

But both those issues only happen in 1st person view?

Snap, that looks creepy. :eek:

But both those issues only happen in 1st person view?

That's right. And as you can see in the first screenshot, it happens in the original, unmodded transport bird as well.

Edited by sykoCrazy

That's right. And as you can see in the first screenshot, it happens in the original, unmodded transport bird as well.

Oh,I haven't noticed it,seems they dont even have a texture in 1st person view.

Importat bug report:

With Armed and Transport version, when have AI infantry in cargo and you order dismount, when the first get out of heli, the MROT (Main rotor) breaks (red status). This happen in all positions except copilot.

Importat bug report:

With Armed and Transport version, when have AI infantry in cargo and you order dismount, when the first get out of heli, the MROT (Main rotor) breaks (red status). This happen in all positions except copilot.

Yep, that happens with the vanilla assets as well, apparently it will be fixed with the next ARMA 3 update on January 21st.

The way our mod is scripted it should work properly when the vanilla assets are fixed. There should be no need to update this mod.

Version 1.1 is up and it adds the BlackCats texture by RedPheonix.

Version 1.1:

-Added new texture by RedPhoenix, "AW159 BlackCats".

-Version 1.0 is fully compatible with the ARMA 3 update on 1/21/2014 and this mod should have no issues with any future updates as it always calls on the latest BIS Hellcat asset.

arma32014-01-1121-52-5sk92.jpg

news_download_a3_3.png

Credits:

-Many thanks to sykoCrazy for his great re-textures.

-Diesel5187 for the script.

-RedPhoenix for the BlackCats texture.

-BadHabitz for teaching Diesel5187 basic scripting. THANK YOU!

-BIS for giving us a sandbox game and letting us do some great mods with their engine.

Edited by Diesel5187

Thanks for informing us about the updated version :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Woot!

I was requested to bring back the Hellcats capability of guided air to ground missiles like the Wildcats had in ARMA 2. This was never planned if not it would have been done in the last update.

Changelog

Version 1.2:

-Changed DAR unguided dumb rockets for DAGR guided Air to Ground missiles.

-Changed rounds from yellow tracers to red tracers to fit in with NATO forces.

-Increased Flare count from 168 to 240.

-Mod still calls on latest BIS Hellcat asset so it should be foward compatible with any updates.

Version 1.1:

-Version 1.0 is fully compatible with the ARMA 3 update on 1/21/2014 and this mod should have no issues with any future updates as it always calls on the latest BIS Hellcat asset.

Version 1.0:

-Signed with bisign and key.

-Re-classed helicopter for NATO forces with correct crew.

-Changed name to real world counterpart AW159.

-8 versions of the helicopter under:

NATO>Air>

AW159 Armed Black

AW159 Armed Green

AW159 Armed Grey

AW159 Armed Camo

AW159 Armed BlackCats

AW159 Transport Black

AW159 Transport Green

AW159 Transport Grey

AW159 Transport Camo

AW159 Transport BlackCats

Download:

Version 1.2:------------------------------------------------

dropbox-logo.png

Credits:

-Many thanks to sykoCrazy for his great re-textures.

-Diesel5187 for the script.

-RedPhoenix for the BlackCats texture.

-surpher for giving me a fix for an animationsources.scope error on V1.2.

-BIS for giving us a sandbox game and letting us do some great mods with their engine.

Edited by Diesel5187

Thanks for informing us about the updated version :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Just what the doctor ordered for this choppa! Thanks :yay:

hint "Would love to see an AAF version with guided rockets :rolleyes:";

Very nice work Diesel ! I like your mod :yay:

Just a question on why the change from DAR to DAGR? From what I've heard they can take down a tank in 1-2 shots. A little OP in my opinion for a light attack / transport chopper.

Edit: Thank you very much for this mod. Putting it to good use.

Edited by LadyZyre

Very nice work Diesel ! I like your mod :yay:

Thanks! Now go kill some stuff!!! :soldier:

Just what the doctor ordered for this choppa! Thanks :yay:

hint "Would love to see an AAF version with guided rockets :rolleyes:";

Feel free to alter the config, all you would need to remove these 4 lines from each helicopter in the config and it will be set as a regular independent with the camos and the upgrades.

faction = "BLU_F"; 
       side = 1; 
       crew = "B_HeliPilot_F"; 
       typicalCargo[] = {"B_HeliPilot_F"};

Just a question on why the change from DAR to DAGR? From what I've heard they can take down a tank in 1-2 shots. A little OP in my opinion for a light attack / transport chopper.

Edit: Thank you very much for this mod. Putting it to good use.

OPed, I thought the same, but when you go to war you don't look for it to be fair, in general, all attack helicopters is used properly are overpowered. I just felt like adding another variable to the engagement, specially if you have a small team at the moment.

Being a little bit more reasonable, it was a feature on the Arma 2 version of this helicopter, had a big gun and lock on missiles. I got some info from some one in the know and they told me that the DAGR rockets are made to substitute dumb rockets with the Hellfire guidance unit, so it is in sense realistic. Furthermore, speaking about in game, the Orca has the same DAGR rockets capability, just that it has a gun on one side and the rocket pods on the other limiting the ammo. I did not feel like altering the model and the rocket pods are exactly the same in both helicopters, so I just did an upgrade to the rockets.

I am glad you are putting to good use! :thumb:

Thanks! Now go kill some stuff!!! :soldier:

Feel free to alter the config, all you would need to remove these 4 lines from each helicopter in the config and it will be set as a regular independent with the camos and the upgrades.

faction = "BLU_F"; 
       side = 1; 
       crew = "B_HeliPilot_F"; 
       typicalCargo[] = {"B_HeliPilot_F"};

OPed, I thought the same, but when you go to war you don't look for it to be fair, in general, all attack helicopters is used properly are overpowered. I just felt like adding another variable to the engagement, specially if you have a small team at the moment.

Being a little bit more reasonable, it was a feature on the Arma 2 version of this helicopter, had a big gun and lock on missiles. I got some info from some one in the know and they told me that the DAGR rockets are made to substitute dumb rockets with the Hellfire guidance unit, so it is in sense realistic. Furthermore, speaking about in game, the Orca has the same DAGR rockets capability, just that it has a gun on one side and the rocket pods on the other limiting the ammo. I did not feel like altering the model and the rocket pods are exactly the same in both helicopters, so I just did an upgrade to the rockets.

I am glad you are putting to good use! :thumb:

While i do LOVE having 24 DAGR missiles on a helo, i agree that it is a bit overpowered with the current lock, fore, & forget type missile systems in arma 3..... what would be your opinion on replacing the dagr missiles with something laser guided?

If im not mistaken the copilot has access to a laser designator, and would really add to the necessity/immersion of having a good co-pilot do some quality spotting.

Maybe you could add them as some alternate loadouts available in the pack?

Either way, Im loving the skins so far keep up the great work...

While i do LOVE having 24 DAGR missiles on a helo, i agree that it is a bit overpowered with the current lock, fore, & forget type missile systems in arma 3..... what would be your opinion on replacing the dagr missiles with something laser guided?

If im not mistaken the copilot has access to a laser designator, and would really add to the necessity/immersion of having a good co-pilot do some quality spotting.

Maybe you could add them as some alternate loadouts available in the pack?

Either way, Im loving the skins so far keep up the great work...

Do you of a laser guided rocket? Creating an F-18 type loadout screen would be interesting, I'll look into it.

^^ Sounds great, I love the service menu and it would save having many different models with all the different textures.

Any chance we could see the same load-out as the one from BAF, love that cannon.

^^ Sounds great, I love the service menu and it would save having many different models with all the different textures.

Any chance we could see the same load-out as the one from BAF, love that cannon.

Unlikely since I do not have access to the models.

For those who think DAGR rockets are overpowered, well, they are real.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_Attack_Guided_Rocket

Changelog

Version 1.3:

-Fixed a script error on the transport version of the Hellcats which would affect a server from loading a mission if the unit was placed and did not load flares.

-Halved the size of the config file.

Version 1.2:

-Changed DAR unguided dumb rockets for DAGR guided Air to Ground missiles.

-Changed rounds from yellow tracers to red tracers to fit in with NATO forces.

-Increased Flare count from 168 to 240.

-Mod still calls on latest BIS Hellcat asset so it should be foward compatible with any updates.

Version 1.1:

Version 1.0:

-Signed with bisign and key.

-Re-classed helicopter for NATO forces with correct crew.

-Changed name to real world counterpart AW159.

-8 versions of the helicopter under:

NATO>Air>

AW159 Armed Black

AW159 Armed Green

AW159 Armed Grey

AW159 Armed Camo

AW159 Armed BlackCats

AW159 Transport Black

AW159 Transport Green

AW159 Transport Grey

AW159 Transport Camo

AW159 Transport BlackCats

Download:

dropbox-logo.png

news_download_a3_3.png

Edited by Diesel5187

New update v1.3 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@nato_hellcat.png

@ Diesel5187 & sykoCrazy;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.