Now all we need to honor this rifle appropriately is someone who writes a script for headshot slow-mo killfeed vids - there was something like that in OFP AFAIK...:shoot:SHHH...SHHH...SHHH...:thud:

will this beauty have night fighting capabilities and will we be able to mount a silencer on the rifle?

Thanks for giving us another nice toy guys. 

Please keep going guys.

Thank you very much.

Hey, I was wondering if BWmod is compatible with ALiVE and if it is not are you planning on making it so?  If it is, then what is the faction name to be used in the module?  Would REALLY love to use your most excellent mod in ALiVE!

2 hours ago, mgunner2010 said:

Hey, I was wondering if BWmod is compatible with ALiVE and if it is not are you planning on making it so?  If it is, then what is the faction name to be used in the module?  Would REALLY love to use your most excellent mod in ALiVE!

Hey mgunner2010,
we never did work regarding ALIVE - mod.
There was a simliar question asked by a user however (see quote below / page 33). Hopefully it answers your question.

Spoiler
On 10.2.2017 at 3:25 PM, tourist said:

@KompetenzTeam:

ALiVE has a solution for mods like RHS or BWMOD which use their own non-standard unit configs.  The ORBAT tool! With it, you can make ANY faction compatible with ALiVE.  I admit it took several hours, but with the explanations from ALiVE WIKI and ALiVE Forum I managed successfully in my first attempt o create a new faction out of BWMOD and other mods that have a few vehicles not yet implemented in BWMOD like transport helicopters and logistics vehicles. 

Most likely you won't like my ORBAT faction because it's a mix of Tropentarn and Flecktarn vehicles for now. That is because not every vehicle retexture I wanted to use in my missions exists in both camo versions in the different retexture mods I used to complement the BWMOD assets.  But hey, feel free to create your own Bundeswehr Faction - it's not hard! :wink_o: 

Also, since I use a modified version of the Dingo APC made by the KGB Clan for purely cosmetic reasons, I can't give my faction to the public without collecting permission to (re-)host this addon.  And honestly I'll rather work on another build of my ORBAT faction without this addon dependency than forcing me and other players to rely on the availability of this mod file.  

And since there has been a serious lack of information about our current workings I will try to give you guys a short update.

Right now we are working on bringing you the BWMod 2.0 in wich we will not just realease some brand new stuff, but raise our quality standards.
Since our modeling-skills developed over the last years most of our older models could not hold up anymore, which led us to the decision to rebuild them.
For the upcoming version 2.0 a bunch of them are already done and can be seen in the images below besides some brand new attachments and weapons.
With time we will be working on overhauling and redoing the attachments and weapons that will not make it into version 2.0. Our aim is to release smaller updates in a shorter time.

Unfortunetely, there is no release date for BWMod 2.0. Fingers crossed that it won`t take too long.

Enough of the talking. Images below as I promised.

Spoiler

n35Uh1l.jpg bToefey.jpg

vJLSlcM.jpg y1x7sP7.jpg

Spoiler

aRstQbr.jpg qNAcD0A.jpg 

EQi91Pw.jpg Kc2slKW.jpg

Spoiler

AQAa0CY.jpg

Xr7whKN.jpg

GczFYsx.jpg

Spoiler

t0g6ipP.jpg yIdEh5S.jpg

bVooxL3.jpg 2Piqeun.jpg

An9d0p4.jpg 

MLp3mQi.jpg uPOIEyC.jpg

L0QOUg1.jpg 4DIOgQg.png

Thank you guys for your continuing support

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

wow, those look incredible! can't wait to see what happens with the G28/G27 and the P8. do you guys also intend on redoing the vehicles? I always thought they were pretty good, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't think the old weapons were lacking. massive improvement here with what you've shown though.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

wow, those look incredible! can't wait to see what happens with the G28/G27 and the P8. do you guys also intend on redoing the vehicles? I always thought they were pretty good, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't think the old weapons were lacking. massive improvement here with what you've shown though.

Thanks for the kind words!

We always wanted to redo the IFV Puma. Since it was our first vehicle and the actual one that is in use by the german army differs greatly.
But for now we keep focusing on overhauling the infantry-based weapons and attachments. So Maybe sometime :f:

• Like 3

Did the Leopard floating and sound bug get fixed?

29 minutes ago, kerozen said:

Did the Leopard floating and sound bug get fixed?

We did not release any versions after 1.6 so it still should be around - if BI´s updates didn´t resolve it.
Will check and pass it on to our import guys.

• Thanks 1

On 11.06.2018 at 3:15 PM, ghost_o said:

We always wanted to redo the IFV Puma. Since it was our first vehicle and the actual one that is in use by the german army differs greatly.

Well maybe two variants of Puma? The current variant in BWMod is representing what Puma will look like around 2021, with MELLS ATGM launcher. While current Puma confoguration can be considered as early (economic) variant. ;)

• Like 2

Is it possible that PzF 3 "ammunition" can be stored in a unit's uniform or vest, without a backpack? If I try to put any PzF 3 rockets in anything but a backpack it tells me there's no space (even though it takes up virtually no space in a backpack) and loadouts with the 'normal' version of the Panzerfaust come with an empty one when you load from a saved loadout. Thanks in advance.

13 hours ago, lionhawk123 said:

Is it possible that PzF 3 "ammunition" can be stored in a unit's uniform or vest, without a backpack? If I try to put any PzF 3 rockets in anything but a backpack it tells me there's no space (even though it takes up virtually no space in a backpack) and loadouts with the 'normal' version of the Panzerfaust come with an empty one when you load from a saved loadout. Thanks in advance.

You want to put a 110mm warhead into your vest pocket? :wow_o: 

I suspect the backpack storage is a bug if it doesn't take up much space.

• Like 1

@lionhawk123 did you use ACE? Maybe you can try to use the ACE-Arsenal there you have the abbility to give you loaded PzF3. An if you want to Script it, try to use setUnitLoadout instead.

@AZCoder when we go real, a PzF3 Round would also not fit into a Backpack ;-) because the Round is the Warhead including the Tube. You only keep the Aiming-Device of the PzF3 after a Shot excluding the Tube.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AZCoder said:

You want to put a 110mm warhead into your vest pocket? :wow_o: 

I suspect the backpack storage is a bug if it doesn't take up much space.

Well, the PzF 3 is in reality a disposable, pre-loaded rocket launcher, so soldiers don't actually carry any ammunition. Due to some limitation, soldiers in Arma 3 MUST carry at least one rocket or else the game gives them an empty one. So fitting it in the vest pocket isn't really about how realistic that notion is, it's more about the game actually working correctly (as in, my AT soldiers carrying loaded weapons instead of empty ones and trying to shoot imaginary rockets at real tanks.)

@sancron Whoops, didn't see your reply. I'll give that a try but I suspect it won't work. Most arsenal systems will delete any magazines the unit doesn't have enough space to carry. Also this solution unfortunately wouldn't work as these loadouts are meant to be loaded on the fly in a mission, meaning that even if I did like the ACE arsenal, I wouldn't be able to access it.

Edited by lionhawk123
Missed a reply

The way I do it is add a dummy backpack to the unit before adding the PzF3 that's being removed right after.

_unit addBackpack "B_AssaultPack_blk";

_unit addWeapon "BWA3_Pzf3";

removeBackpack _unit;

_unit addWeapon "BWA3_Pzf3_Loaded";

59 minutes ago, aggr094 said:

_unit addWeapon "BWA3_Pzf3_Loaded";

Ah, if it were just so easy... Wouldn't that be great. But unfortunately it isn't. Both "BWA3_Pzf3_Loaded" and "BWA3_Pzf3" don't have a rocket loaded, if the unit hasn't got enough backpack space in the moment the launcher is being added.

There is a way to force the ammunition to be added in the editor, by using

(vestContainer this) addItemCargoGlobal ["BWA3_PzF3_IT",2];

Usually I also put

reload this;

just to make sure the unit loads the launcher before trying to fire. The problem is, if I want to use the loadout I can't just load it from the arsenal, I have to put on a backpack and then remove it. It also doesn't work if I use a gear mod to transfer my loadout to an AI in my squad. Neither of them seem to recognize the "addItemCargoGlobal" command, so it ignores it and gives an empty launcher.

They teased it already but it probably won't come this year and only BW variants are confirmed IIRC.

• Thanks 1

Is it allowed to host an internal repository with a stripped down version of BWMod? I.e. deleting config entries and deleting art files to reduce the size by removing content we won't use.

I can't quite work it out from the APL and the additional text on the bwmod website.