Version 1.4.1 of the Bundeswehr mod

Changelog:

- added: Japanese translations (classic)
- added: Custom texture for mg5 fire modes
- added: Night vision to Knighthelmet
- added: Support for upcomming TFAR version 1.0
- added: ABM secondary ammunition retains ShotParents data
- changed: Puma gunner thermal mode uses white hot / black hot
- changed: Increased Fliegerfaust damage radius
- changed: Puma damage model
- changed: Switched G36 magazine with G38 magazine
- changed: Removed safety mode for IFV Puma and MBT Leopard
- changed: TI textures long weapons (thermal view)
- fixed: Replace removed ACE events with their new CBA versions
- fixed: Missing overlays for weapon attachments
- fixed: Launcher backblast effects
- fixed: Missing insignia Eden-Editor error
- fixed: "ModParams" RPT spam
- fixed: Eden camera glitch
- fixed: G38 typo
- fixed: G38 AG40 too small
- fixed: Game crash when using vehicles with x64 executable

Download:
http://bwmod.de/index.php/inhalt/download

License:

APL.png

• Like 14

On 2017-01-27 at 3:49 PM, koffeinflummi said:

-snip-

Getting errors with the ACE3 Compat running the latest version of ACE3 and CBA on dev build in both 32-bit and 64-bit.

RPT file:

https://gist.github.com/Drift91/31e1e3e4d0d8d3097f0a712730bcb70d

Edit:

Disregard, seems ACE3 randomly broke itself sometime around when I installed this mod. I assumed it was BW because it was the only thing I'd changed in my modpack before getting the errors.

Edited by Drift_91

Any chance of getting the units compatible with the ALiVE Framework? Seems there are some differences in the cfgs to the original BLU_F cfgs, thats why ALiVE cann`t spawn "Bundeswehr" Faction Units within the Modules (Military Placement etc)

Would be a great step forward. Looking forward seeing the new Models too :) Good work!

@KompetenzTeam:

ALiVE has a solution for mods like RHS or BWMOD which use their own non-standard unit configs.  The ORBAT tool! With it, you can make ANY faction compatible with ALiVE.  I admit it took several hours, but with the explanations from ALiVE WIKI and ALiVE Forum I managed successfully in my first attempt o create a new faction out of BWMOD and other mods that have a few vehicles not yet implemented in BWMOD like transport helicopters and logistics vehicles. 

Most likely you won't like my ORBAT faction because it's a mix of Tropentarn and Flecktarn vehicles for now. That is because not every vehicle retexture I wanted to use in my missions exists in both camo versions in the different retexture mods I used to complement the BWMOD assets.  But hey, feel free to create your own Bundeswehr Faction - it's not hard! :wink_o: 

Also, since I use a modified version of the Dingo APC made by the KGB Clan for purely cosmetic reasons, I can't give my faction to the public without collecting permission to (re-)host this addon.  And honestly I'll rather work on another build of my ORBAT faction without this addon dependency than forcing me and other players to rely on the availability of this mod file.  

2 hours ago, tourist said:

@KompetenzTeam:

ALiVE has a solution for mods like RHS or BWMOD which use their own non-standard unit configs.  The ORBAT tool! With it, you can make ANY faction compatible with ALiVE.  I admit it took several hours, but with the explanations from ALiVE WIKI and ALiVE Forum I managed successfully in my first attempt o create a new faction out of BWMOD and other mods that have a few vehicles not yet implemented in BWMOD like transport helicopters and logistics vehicles. 

Most likely you won't like my ORBAT faction because it's a mix of Tropentarn and Flecktarn vehicles for now. That is because not every vehicle retexture I wanted to use in my missions exists in both camo versions in the different retexture mods I used to complement the BWMOD assets.  But hey, feel free to create your own Bundeswehr Faction - it's not hard! :wink_o: 

Also, since I use a modified version of the Dingo APC made by the KGB Clan for purely cosmetic reasons, I can't give my faction to the public without collecting permission to (re-)host this addon.  And honestly I'll rather work on another build of my ORBAT faction without this addon dependency than forcing me and other players to rely on the availability of this mod file.  

Hello Tourist,

thanks for the hint, didn`t recognised the Orbat tool until now :)

Maybee i need some help to get the newly created compatibily groups into the mod?

Any advicce there? Help is appreciated.

any chance to see this mod official on steam workshop?

Thanks for the update! Counting on a near update for that sexy Eagle as well :)

EDIT: No more ACE compat .PBOs?

7 hours ago, Aniallator said:

Thanks for the update! Counting on a near update for that sexy Eagle as well :)

EDIT: No more ACE compat .PBOs?

We separated the ace_comp from the project, so that we can release it depending on ace releases.

Download: http://bwmod.de/index.php/inhalt/download

GitHub: https://github.com/BWMod/bwa3_comp_ace (feel free to help us!)

1 hour ago, marc_book said:

We separated the ace_comp from the project, so that we can release it depending on ace releases.

Download: http://bwmod.de/index.php/inhalt/download

GitHub: https://github.com/BWMod/bwa3_comp_ace (feel free to help us!)

Ah OK, gotcha. Should I be moving the entire @bwa3_ace folder into my mod folder as another mod, or just copying the bwa3_comp_ace .PBOs from the @bwa3_ace folder into the main BWMod folder?

9 minutes ago, Aniallator said:

Ah OK, gotcha. Should I be moving the entire @bwa3_ace folder into my mod folder as another mod, or just copying the bwa3_comp_ace .PBOs from the @bwa3_ace folder into the main BWMod folder?

In German we say "Jacke wie Hose"

@Aniallator  @pipewr3nch Either way is fine. Whatever you prefer. Leaving it separate has the benefit of it being easily disabled together with ACE when using the launcher.

• Like 1

@yxman

we are looking into a Steam Workshop release right now, but we won´t promise anything.

• Like 2

Me and my friend enjoy occasionally playing as German soldiers and the content of this mod is good quality. This mod really favours quality over quantity and I like it.

I saw the mod on the Steam Workshop just now and I was wondering how you made the patch in the logo. Was it done by a professional artist or did the maker use a template of some kind?

With the 1.68 update, the game does not seem to launch while "bwa3_vehicleweapons.pbo" is being loaded