Version 1.2 of the Bundeswehr mod

Changelog:

- added: Optional PBO to enable PIP optics (ZO4x30, Shortdot, PzF3)
- added: correct weapon sway values
- added: correct weapon inertia values
- added: different muzzle velocities for weapons with different barrel length
- added: animated bipod to various weapons
- added: tails sounds from Marksmen update
- added: ejecting belt parts effect to MG4 and MG5
- added: Rotex silencer models for 5.56mm and 7.62mm
- added: Vario Ray laser light module
- added: Black variant of G27 and G27 w/ AG40
- added: EoTech CQB and with magnifier in black and tan
- added: new uniforms (reskins of AAF uniform)
- added: insignia selection
- added: MICH helment (reskin of AAF MICH helmet)
- added: retextures of various backpacks (thanks Rider)
- added: Kampfrucksack model
- added: camo netting for Puma and Leopard that can be removed ingame
- added: compatibility for the Virtual Arsenal and Garage
- added: commander of MBT Leopard now has a FFV compatible slot
- added: alternative random texture variant for MBT Leopard in Flecktarn
- added: white retexture of ammo boxes (placeholder)
- added: camo netting variant of Democracy box
- added: Democracy box with Virtual Arsenal
- added: German flag on flagpole
- changed: NATO uniform retexture to hide arm and knee protectors
- changed: default loadouts in some cases
- changed: possible ethnicities of German soldiers no longer include africans and african americans
- changed: randomization includes only BW goggles
- changed: increased recoil of G27/28 variants and MP7
- changed: zoom of the Vector IV so mil dots are now correct
- changed: appearence of PzF 3 when carried on the back
- changed: weight and icon of the 7x62mm 1200Rnd belt
- changed: Geometry LODs of vehicles to allow driving over obstacles more easily
- changed: animation of tracks on vehicles
- changed: reworked vehicle PhysX behaviour
- changed: completely reworked configs to guarantee compatibility and fix various issues
- changed: interiors of Puma and Leopard
- changed: various sounds
- changed: various textures, normal maps, and specular maps
- changed: animations of mounted Panzergrenadiers in IFV Puma
- changed: Thermal map of IFV Puma
- changed: 10x 120Rnd MG5 belts for Leopard loader replaced with one 1200Rnd belt to circumvent a reload bug in the Arma engine
- changed: hitpoints for MBT Leopard. Main gun and turret should now be more resistant. Commander optics and loaders MG5 can now be destroyed.
- changed: camo netting now comes in parts
- changed: contents of boxes; Democracy box is now filled by script
- changed: keys are now adjusted with the CBA keybinding system, please check your keybinds!
- changed: way units are sorted in the editor
- changed: Reddot sizes
- changed: Leopard 2A6M sounds
- changed: G36 sounds
- changed: Fliegerfaust usability
- fixed: weapon reloading sounds were not working correctly
- fixed: localization issues with umlauts and eszetts
- fixed: you no longer sink into the ground when deploying a weapon
- fixed: various recoil issues (e.g. P8 pistol)
- fixed: gunner of MBT Leopard is no longer vulnerable to small arms fire
- fixed: some issues with the behaviour of the Vector IV
- fixed: some wrong texture references in proxies
- fixed: various issues in the shadow LODs of IFV Puma and MBT Leopard
- fixed: removed active radar from vehicles
- fixed: Leopard mirrors were to high
- fixed: vehicle MG5s were using vanilla sounds instead of the intended one
- fixed: texture issue on the left side composite armour of the IFV Puma
- fixed: issue in Geometry LOD of IFV Puma that may cause collisions with projectiles far away from the vehicle
- fixed: strange vertex in component01 RPT error
- fixed: bwa3_leopard2a6m_wanne_fleck.p3d has no config RPT error
- fixed: all duplicate strings
- fixed: all updating base class issues
- fixed: added author "BWMod" to hopefully everything
- removed: obsolete BWA3 menu
- removed: Kestrel in favour of third party variants (e.g. ACE3)

Download:
http://bwmod.de/index.php/inhalt/download

License:

APL.png

Source Code / Bugtracker

A reminder that we open-source everything but the assets of the BWMod. So if you want to help out with configs, scripts and stringtables, go here:

https://git.koffeinflummi.de/bwmod-team/bwa3-public

• Like 2

those models and textures look sick! congrats to the team ;)

Hi BWMod Team!

Thank you for providing high quality German content for A3!  It made me create my first mission - and I want to go on creating missions for the Bundeswehr.  That's why I want to know a few things:

• Has there been a change in classnames that  will break missions made with 1.1.2 of the BWMod?

• Is the ace3 compatibility in the BWMod folder named "compatibility" an already working compatibility pbo for all current ACE features or does it lack something

Best regards,

tourist

The new optics view for the ZO4 and Shortdot: do these currently only support 16:9 screen aspect ratios?

I'm playing on a screen with a native 16:10 ratio (1440x900px) and finding that the eyepiece overlay is stretching out sideways so that the scope forms an ellipse rather than a circle.

The actual modeloptic circle behind the scope UI (dialog, Rsc or whatever it is) correctly displays as a circle when I open the pause menu and make the UI elements disappear, so I'm guessing it's something to do with how the X-axis width is calculated on the scope's UI with safezones.

I've put the above screenshot in Photoshop and scaled the width down to 90% (taking it from 16:10 to 16:9) and it appears that the scope image scales properly - which would suggest that the UI is supposed to use 16:9

The new optics view for the ZO4 and Shortdot: do these currently only support 16:9 screen aspect ratios?

I'm playing on a screen with a native 16:10 ratio (1440x900px) and finding that the eyepiece overlay is stretching out sideways so that the scope forms an ellipse rather than a circle.

The actual modeloptic circle behind the scope UI (dialog, Rsc or whatever it is) correctly displays as a circle when I open the pause menu and make the UI elements disappear, so I'm guessing it's something to do with how the X-axis width is calculated on the scope's UI with safezones.

I've put the above screenshot in Photoshop and scaled the width down to 90% (taking it from 16:10 to 16:9) and it appears that the scope image scales properly - which would suggest that the UI is supposed to use 16:9

commy2 fixed this today I think.

• Like 1

hello and congrats on the update guys!

I've got a question though. do you have plans for covers for the OPSCORE helmets like in this picture? http://i.ytimg.com/vi/zmDkcYMijGQ/maxresdefault.jpg 

many thanks for this great piece of arma :)

There are plans to recreate the opscore helmet, but actual we don't have enough 3D Artists to do that.

Hi BWMod Team!

Thank you for providing high quality German content for A3!  It made me create my first mission - and I want to go on creating missions for the Bundeswehr.  That's why I want to know a few things:

• Has there been a change in classnames that  will break missions made with 1.1.2 of the BWMod?

• Is the ace3 compatibility in the BWMod folder named "compatibility" an already working compatibility pbo for all current ACE features or does it lack something

Best regards,

tourist

Unfortunately the classnames changed.

for the ACE_comp.pbo i can only say that it includes ACE weaponsway and some other features. It might not be a complete compatibility.pbo though.

@Kickapoo0: thanks for the info.  First tests I made today showed that my mission can at least be played without crashes - but I should add that I imported the BWMOD 1.2 myself into the LEA Loadout Editor and then re-equipped all soldiers with BWMOD 1.2 uniforms and vests- that was enough so far to avoid crashes if then playing the mission with BWMOD 1.2.  BTW, just LOVE the new uniforms without kneepads and with the german armpatch! 

Weapon loadouts I didn't change - but I have the new, slightly distorted optics on G36 w/ZO4 like da12thmonkey describes it, so the rifles and their optics were recognized in-game with BWMOD 1.2 classes.  I use a 5:4 TFT though, not 16:10. 

Thank you so much for this great mod, I am happy about every new release (1.2 features are great! You have given the players/missionmakers some candy in a lot of different areas!) and I will for now continue to make missions with my current non-ACE setup! 

Best regards,

tourist

Following errors I found:

When shooting with G36

Error: Failed to open file a3\sounds_f\weapons\shells\5_56\grass_556_01.wav
 7:39:27 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_ZO4x30_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.opticsZoomMin'.
 7:39:27 Warning Message: '/' is not a value
 7:39:27 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_ZO4x30_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.opticsZoomMax'.
 7:39:27 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_ZO4x30_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.opticsZoomInit'.
 7:39:27 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_ZO4x30_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.distanceZoomMin'.
 7:39:27 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_ZO4x30_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.distanceZoomMax'.
 7:39:27 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_ZO4x30_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.opticsFlare'.
 7:39:27 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_ZO4x30_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.opticsDisablePeripherialVision'.
 7:39:27 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_ZO4x30_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.opticsID'.
 7:39:27 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_ZO4x30_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.opticsPPEffects'.
 7:39:27 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_ZO4x30_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.opticsZoomMin'.
 7:39:27 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_ZO4x30_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.opticsZoomMax'.
 7:39:27 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_ZO4x30_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.opticsZoomInit'.
 7:39:27 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_ZO4x30_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.distanceZoomMin'.
 7:39:27 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_ZO4x30_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.distanceZoomMax'.
 7:39:27 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_ZO4x30_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.opticsFlare'.
 7:39:27 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_ZO4x30_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.opticsDisablePeripherialVision'.
 7:39:27 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_ZO4x30_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.opticsID'.
 7:39:27 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_ZO4x30_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.opticsPPEffects'.
 7:39:28 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_ZO4x30_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.opticsZoomMin'.
 7:39:28 Warning Message: '/' is not a value
 7:39:28 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_ZO4x30_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.opticsZoomMax'.
 7:39:28 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_ZO4x30_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.opticsZoomInit'.
 7:39:28 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_ZO4x30_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.distanceZoomMin'.
 7:39:28 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_ZO4x30_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.distanceZoomMax'.
 7:39:28 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_ZO4x30_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.opticsFlare'.
 7:39:28 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_ZO4x30_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.opticsDisablePeripherialVision'.
 7:39:28 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_ZO4x30_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.opticsID'.
 7:39:28 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_ZO4x30_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.opticsPPEffects'.
 7:39:28 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_ZO4x30_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.opticsZoomMin'.
 7:39:28 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_ZO4x30_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.opticsZoomMax'.
 7:39:28 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_ZO4x30_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.opticsZoomInit'.
 7:39:28 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_ZO4x30_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.distanceZoomMin'.
 7:39:28 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_ZO4x30_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.distanceZoomMax'.
 7:39:28 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_ZO4x30_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.opticsFlare'.
 7:39:28 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_ZO4x30_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.opticsDisablePeripherialVision'.
 7:39:28 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_ZO4x30_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.opticsID'.
 7:39:28 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_ZO4x30_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.opticsPPEffects'.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7:37:59 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_24x72_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.opticsZoomMin'.
 7:37:59 Warning Message: '/' is not a value
 7:37:59 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_24x72_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.opticsZoomMax'.
 7:37:59 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_24x72_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.opticsZoomInit'.
 7:37:59 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_24x72_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.distanceZoomMin'.
 7:37:59 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_24x72_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.distanceZoomMax'.
 7:37:59 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_24x72_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.opticsFlare'.
 7:37:59 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_24x72_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.opticsDisablePeripherialVision'.
 7:37:59 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_24x72_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.opticsID'.
 7:37:59 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_24x72_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.opticsPPEffects'.
 7:37:59 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_24x72_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.opticsZoomMin'.
 7:37:59 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_24x72_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.opticsZoomMax'.
 7:37:59 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_24x72_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.opticsZoomInit'.
 7:37:59 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_24x72_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.distanceZoomMin'.
 7:37:59 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_24x72_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.distanceZoomMax'.
 7:37:59 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_24x72_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.opticsFlare'.
 7:37:59 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_24x72_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.opticsDisablePeripherialVision'.
 7:37:59 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_24x72_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.opticsID'.
 7:37:59 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BWA3_optic_24x72_NSV/ItemInfo/OpticsModes/Scope.opticsPPEffects'.

Following errors I found:

When shooting with G36

snip

Please always post the full RPT. There is no way to analyse only parts of it, even if it seems to you to be the only relevant part.

Weapon loadouts I didn't change - but I have the new, slightly distorted optics on G36 w/ZO4 like da12thmonkey describes it, so the rifles and their optics were recognized in-game with BWMOD 1.2 classes.  I use a 5:4 TFT though, not 16:10.

Same fix should also work on 5:4 (and 4:3 etc.), but since I don't own such a monitor I can't say for sure.

Is this new update only partly compatible with ACE3?

It's fully compatible if you manually move the bwa3_comp_ace.pbo into the addons folder of @bwa3.

Version 1.2.1 of the Bundeswehr mod

Changelog:

- fixed: Animated 2D optics were not scaled properly for 16:10 and tripple screens.

- fixed: G28E3 and G27 variants had an invisible bipod.

- fixed: Puma main gun single fire didn't work.

- fixed: Leopard rearview mirrors were interchanged.

Download:

http://bwmod.de/index.php/inhalt/download

If you've already installed v1.2, there's a patch available that can be copied over the existing installation. This reduces the download size to 9 MiB.

License:

APL.png

• Like 2