Well I think the team behind this mod is fine with the way their G36 looks and feels, and frankly I understand them.

If you're unhappy with this mod, you don't have to use it.

That's not what my criticism is about . ;) I, as a user, am expressing my concerns to the developers, so the developers can take these concerns into consideration. Of course they don't have to.

It's about optimisation of an already great product - and in my opinion the G36 rails and the positioning of the rifle itself don't live up to the quality of the mod overall.

and in my opinion the G36 rails and the positioning of the rifle itself don't live up to the quality of the mod overall

quality? you are just unhappy with the assets they chose to model (based on reallife stuff)... that's nothing to do with quality

quality? you are just unhappy with the assets they chose to model (based on reallife stuff)... that's nothing to do with quality

Ok, let's get on the same page here:

1. I personally find the chosen model to be a bad choice. I think the 'classic' rail would have been a better choice, that is indeed why I am unhappy with the chosen assets. But changing the rail would not just make me happy, in my opinion it would contribute to the quality of the mod overall - with factors like recognizability, aesthetics and functionality in mind. I am aware that it's up to the BWmod-team to make the decision which model they want to implement. My criticism isn't meant to be taken as a "meh, I don't like it." It's supposed to give the developers the feedback that the chosen rail is controversial.

2. If the flip up sights are meant to stay however, they still don't live up to the quality of the mod and need a redo. They still look chunky compared to other parts of the rifle. The rail itself looks great, only the notch lacks the same amount of refinement. Maybe a simple change to the texture could be enough to achieve that, maybe a more detailed model is the way to go. As you could see on the picture KoffeinFlummi posted (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?171183-BWMod&p=2686817&viewfull=1#post2686817) the notch has a different coating than the rail, a small cavity on the top front, and so on. That's not represented in the current model. And that's the reason why I think the current model could be done better.

3. The things I critizised appear to me to be of some importance, as they are quite literally always in the eye of the player. The position of a rifle, its scopes or the design of its rail and iron sights are quite glaring, as there are very few instances in the game where you don't have to look at them. Backpack textures, or whatnot, are not as important as something that's always and permanently in front of you. That's why I think this criticism is important and needs to be raised

Honestly I don't see what the problem is...

Yes the G36 isn't as functional as other weapons, but thats because it's a G36. They made it that way, because that is how it should be, after all it doesn't have to be perfect. Saying that you have to change the rails and scope placement just to make it more easier to use, despite it being unrealistic is like me saying to someone who makes an RPG, make the tube smaller because I can see inside the tube and it obstructs my vision to much even though that would make it unrealistic.

Yes the Iron sights could do with a bit of work, I wouldn't say they needed thinning out, just rather a more details, to me they don't seem bulky at all!

He is right, weapons are far too big on the screen. It´s a quarter of the screen filled with the weapons. When I use the BWmod I don´t use the weapons from the mod.

Besides that just great, keep up the good work!

He is right, weapons are far too big on the screen. It´s a quarter of the screen filled with the weapons. When I use the BWmod I don´t use the weapons from the mod.

Besides that just great, keep up the good work!

But the G36 IdZ is like the one in reallife. And in reallife you can't see much to the right if you raise this weapon. With the G36A0 and G36A1 you can see even less than with the IdZ one. Therefor you got a contact position.

But the G36 IdZ is like the one in reallife. And in reallife you can't see much to the right if you raise this weapon. With the G36A0 and G36A1 you can see even less than with the IdZ one. Therefor you got a contact position.

In real life that's not much of a problem, because you can gradually hold your gun up or down as much or as little as you want. But in Arma 3 there are just three different places to hold your weapon: Held down (double tapped ctrl), combat stance (toggled by C) and looking down the sights (right mouseclick). In two of these cases the G36 blocks the view. It's as though the current place the weapon is in somehow simulates the placement when you're looking down the red dot. That problem should be reflected in weapon mods by lowering the position of the gun in the combat stance to get something like a dirty average between the proper position and a position that is suitable to the limitations of the game.

Although it's probably better to say: The G36 currently blocks the view when in combat stance, but less looking down the sights. It should be exactly the other way 'round.

In real life that's not much of a problem, because you can gradually hold your gun up or down as much or as little as you want. But in Arma 3 there are just three different places to hold your weapon: Held down (double tapped ctrl), combat stance (toggled by C) and looking down the sights (right mouseclick). In two of these cases the G36 blocks the view. It's as though the current place the weapon is in somehow simulates the placement when you're looking down the red dot. That problem should be reflected in weapon mods by lowering the position of the gun in the combat stance to get something like a dirty average between the proper position and a position that is suitable to the limitations of the game.

Although it's probably better to say: The G36 currently blocks the view when in combat stance, but less looking down the sights. It should be exactly the other way 'round.

But thats Arma's fault not Bw's fault, if the weapons like that, it is like that they can't fix it without making a new stance system. The G36 is fine,

Is it possible to transfer waypoints from one navipad to another?

@Pergor - if the position of the weapon really bothers you, try to activate (and put a high value to) the deadzone and use this mod http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22450&highlight=A3%2BFREEAIM%2BFIX - if you pay attention to KoffeinFlummi latest video, he´s using it (or at least a high deadzone to enable freeaim - the mod just tweaks it to work better) and as you can see, the weapon position can be lowered and upped without loosing the point of impact of the gunsight... gameplaywise, the peep hole of the BUIS should be bigger as most FPS doesn´t emulate tunnelvision for small peepholes, and thus the BUIS should be more comfortable to use =)

Love this mod, keep up the great work!

Cheers!

yeah looks great would look better if the mgunners didn´t hold the mag with the left hand. this looks just awkward also this holding method is very very unstable

but nice tiger preview^^

will there also be the other versions of the mg-5?

Edited by Kasrkin85th

yeah looks great would look better if the mgunners didn´t hold the mag with the left hand. this looks just awkward also this holding method is very very unstable

We have to work with the default animations so this wouldn't be possible without massive clipping of the arm through the ammo box. Be assured we thought through it carefully and this is the best solution. Same for the MG 4 already in the mod.

will there also be the other versions of the mg-5?

No, since there would be no difference game-play wise or the differences would be marginal. We have other things to do with this mod,,, There will only be a black and a tan version as seen in the screenshots and a tank mounted "Ring laffetierte" one.

Edited by [PzGrenBrig37]commy2

when the mg5 comes we become in the army only a green brown version ;) its no black version planned.

to bad that the assault version will not be there ( the one with gripod and shorter barrel)

In the video about the G27 and the Navipad, you also showed the helmetcamera, inside the Navipad.

I assume its only working for BW-mod helmets. Is there a way, for user, to add some classnames somewhere (when its relased) to add some more helmets?

Thank you

Edited by NIN3

nicccccccce but make the camo-net a little deeper on the front - for hide the chassis shadow on the front ;) and its a barracuda camo-net planned - our leo have one but not for friendly trainings ( to expensive ^^ ) and a multispectral camo garage ? has also purchased too against thermal visible in the disposal room. i have pictures from the new camo garage i think ...