Some WIP screenshots of the Leopard 2A6M.

Keep in mind that the floating MG4 is a placeholder to be replaced with the HK121, and that the textures aren't done yet.

K88Jd1ws.jpg pTo4xBfs.jpg ba7TPEVs.jpg QoMXVpps.jpg 5wZGuhBs.jpg 8kUaJyns.jpg

Some WIP screenshots of the Leopard 2A6M.

Keep in mind that the floating MG4 is a placeholder to be replaced with the HK121, and that the textures aren't done yet.

I tought you gonna make the 2A7, anyways good hq work. Do you also make a useable HK121 for the infantry ?

The main gun on the Puma does not seem to be working.

It fires but no projectile actually fires.

Using the speed of sound mod, and the gun sounds for other players using any of the weapons are missing. I think this means it needs a server key? They still work in first person and 3rd person when your using the gun, but other players can't hear the sounds.

I'm certain this has nothing to do with keys but with SOS effin up the sounds. No idea what to do about it. I think you are better of asking the SOS devs about this one.

The main gun on the Puma does not seem to be working.

It fires but no projectile actually fires.

Same here for me and two others teamates.

Only using the last version of CBA and BWmod.

Edit: It seems that if your mod it's in a subfolder and not in the arma 3 root folder, the problem appear.

Edited by Papanowel

commy2;2676203']I'm certain this has nothing to do with keys but with SOS effin up the sounds. No idea what to do about it. I think you are better of asking the SOS devs about this one.

I will point it out to him, but we're using a lot of other weapons mods (about 12 at this moment) and they all work with SOS without this issue. But your right, its not a server key issue.

A dedicated server crashes running BWMod with error message "BWMod\userconfig\..." if the mod is not into ArmA 3 root installation directory.

This is because the mod makes a hard definition of the path to userconfig folder within the @BWMod.

It should use reference to userconfig\bwmod\filename.hpp where userconfig is at ArmA 3 root installation directory.

A dedicated server crashes running BWMod with error message "BWMod\userconfig\..." if the mod is not into ArmA 3 root installation directory.

This is because the mod makes a hard definition of the path to userconfig folder within the @BWMod.

It should use reference to userconfig\bwmod\filename.hpp where userconfig is at ArmA 3 root installation directory.

Same here for me and two others teamates.

Only using the last version of CBA and BWmod.

Edit: It seems that if your mod it's in a subfolder and not in the arma 3 root folder, the problem appear.

This was mentioned multiple times in this thread already. The problem has been fixed, and the new version will not require a userconfig at all.

This was mentioned multiple times in this thread already. The problem has been fixed, and the new version will not require a userconfig at all.

Sorry, I didn't read the last 22 pages :p

Good to know that you fix it!

Hi BWmodders

any plans of having infantry-kit with Smock + KSK Hosen, probably having real backpacks (Munro, Atlas Cyclop, etc) and chestrigs/vest (TT MK2, KSK weste, ATSX...)?

0_75164_1fc76488_L.jpg

http://www.bw-online-shop.com/shop/images/artikel/details/leo-koehler-einsatzkampfjacke-ksk-smock-nach-bundeswehr-tl-flecktarn.jpg

http://www.asmc.de/images/product_images/info_images/17414_0.jpg

as well as having G36A2 versions, with variety of sights (Standard rail + different EOTechs, RSA-S, etc)?

Hi BWmodders

any plans of having infantry-kit with Smock + KSK Hosen, probably having real backpacks (Munro, Atlas Cyclop, etc) and chestrigs/vest (TT MK2, KSK weste, ATSX...)?

as well as having G36A2 versions, with variety of sights (Standard rail + different EOTechs, RSA-S, etc)?

No additional uniforms or vests are planned atm. Backpacks are on the list but with low priority, maybe in the future? A A2 variant G36 is kinda pointless when we already have the IDZ-ES ones. An EOTech with and without a magnifier is WIP and planned to be released in the next version together with the G27 (HK417).

The BwMod is a great work, no questions asked. I got two major quarrels with it though:

1. The position of the rifles in relation to the 1stPersonView while not holding it down. Yes, it's clearly a good idea to hold your rifle with its scope on eye height, I get that. But I really don't feel comfortable with having almost 1/4 of my screen obstructed by my rifle and its scope. The position of the G36 and the position of the scopes (BWmod or vanilla ones), as it is now, leads to an intolerable huge blind angle. The scopes seem to be mounted awefully close to the buttstock as well, another cm or two wouldn't do much damage. Additionally it's not coherent with the perspective you get while aiming down the sights/a red dot. Your blind angle suddenly drops to almost nothing while looking down the sights. If at all, it should be more obstrusive while aiming down the sights (at least on the lower right corner of the screen) as while simply holding your rifle up.

2. The design of the iron sights. While the bead sighter looks well enough, you should quickly roll out a better notch. I really like the design of the G36 iron sights that are mounted on the picatinny rail by standard, but the ones from the BwMod look very chunky compared to the original ones. That actually puts me so far out of the game that it weighs out the advantages of even having a G36 in the game. :(

Please don't get me wrong, I really like your mod, the uniforms and vehicles look great, the textures and models are very detailed, the weapons' function is neat, and overall it adds to the immersion of the game. But those two downsides are very major issues for me.

The BwMod is a great work, no questions asked. I got two major quarrels with it though:

1. The position of the rifles in relation to the 1stPersonView while not holding it down. Yes, it's clearly a good idea to hold your rifle with its scope on eye height, I get that. But I really don't feel comfortable with having almost 1/4 of my screen obstructed by my rifle and its scope. The position of the G36 and the position of the scopes (BWmod or vanilla ones), as it is now, leads to an intolerable huge blind angle. The scopes seem to be mounted awefully close to the buttstock as well, another cm or two wouldn't do much damage. Additionally it's not coherent with the perspective you get while aiming down the sights/a red dot. Your blind angle suddenly drops to almost nothing while looking down the sights. If at all, it should be more obstrusive while aiming down the sights (at least on the lower right corner of the screen) as while simply holding your rifle up.

2. The design of the iron sights. While the bead sighter looks well enough, you should quickly roll out a better notch. I really like the design of the G36 iron sights that are mounted on the picatinny rail by standard, but the ones from the BwMod look very chunky compared to the original ones. That actually puts me so far out of the game that it weighs out the advantages of even having a G36 in the game. :(

Please don't get me wrong, I really like your mod, the uniforms and vehicles look great, the textures and models are very detailed, the weapons' function is neat, and overall it adds to the immersion of the game. But those two downsides are very major issues for me.

1:

We position the weapons so that they are in the right place in relation to the shoulder. The G36 is a fairly high weapon compared to comparable rifles, so if that blocks the guy's vision, there's not much we can do about that, other than having the guy firing from the hip. Regarding optics, most people have them mounted fairly close to the eye: http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/4792/17357310.jpg. You also need to have some room in front of the optic for night vision and IR addons.

2:

It's a small hole, that's just what it looks like:

kit-we-g39idz-3.jpg

Besides, when are you ever using iron sights? :confused:

1:

We position the weapons so that they are in the right place in relation to the shoulder. The G36 is a fairly high weapon compared to comparable rifles, so if that blocks the guy's vision, there's not much we can do about that, other than having the guy firing from the hip. Regarding optics, most people have them mounted fairly close to the eye: http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/4792/17357310.jpg. You also need to have some room in front of the optic for night vision and IR addons.

I get the necessity for the room. But I'd always leave 2 cm between the backup sights on the picatinny and the position of the red-dot (if you're using a red-dot. I'm not too sure about the position of a zoomed scope). Even if it's not all that 'realistic' those two cm could reduce the blind angle fairly and make your G36 less obstrusive. As it is now, the G36 is more of an obstruction than it is a rifle. I know, this critque is quite harsh, but I'd really like to use your G36. and help you create the perfect G36 in Arma 3. Positioning the rifle in relation to the shoulder would be ok, if it weren't for the view angle defined by the screen of the player. You have to consider the eye sight or the view angle of the player rather than the position in relation to the soldier, if you're placing a rifle on a unit model. Your first requirement should be to give the player himself a good feeling of the rifle, before you're thinking of the visuals for other players.

2:

It's a small hole, that's just what it looks like:

http://cdn.evike.com/images/large/kit-we-g39idz-3.jpg

Besides, when are you ever using iron sights? :confused:

Iron sights are sometimes necessary. Especially if you don't want your soldiers to use scopes or if the scopes provided aren't as usefull as they're thought out to be (related to the obstruction issue I stated above - I actually would prefer the iron sights to scopes on the G36, as their placement is so obstrusive right now - and I hate to rely on iron sights). But I really don't know where you got this model of picatinny iron sights for the G36. Because that's how they look like actually: g36shortsightrail-4_46_detail.jpg or g36shortsightrail-2_1101_detail.jpg

They're not at all like this block of metal that you showed and implemented on your models. Additionally this construction of the iron sights is (at least in my opinion) much more practical than the one you showed. It's changeable between two different zeroings without having to use an INBUS-key and this original construction is very easy on the eye.

To be completely honest though, I have to add: There are two different versions of the picatinny for the G36. One with premounted iron sights, like the ones I showed, and one without any backup sights at all - you have to mount your own iron sights. The one you showed may be common to airsoft suppliers, but it's not 'original' as it is.

Just take a look at this: http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/G36-HK-SL8-Sight-Rail-With-Front-Rear-Sights-187p274.htm#.U214pVfzFFE

I don't want to be a Negative Nancy at all, I want to contribute to make your G36 perfect! :) If you want, we can talk (in German language) on this topic further in Skype or TS. :)

Edited by Pergor

But I really don't know where you got this model of picatinny iron sights for the G36. Because that's how they look like actually: http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/catalog/g36shortsightrail-4_46_detail.jpg or http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/catalog/g36shortsightrail-2_1101_detail.jpg

They're not at all like this block of metal that you showed and implemented on your models.

Just take a look at this: http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/G36-HK-SL8-Sight-Rail-With-Front-Rear-Sights-187p274.htm#.U214pVfzFFE

The one in BWMOD is the current G36 idz rail/carry-handle which has the flip-up sights as shown in KoffeinFlummi's pic. Your pic is of an older rail/carry-handle based on the G36C, which wouldn't be correct for the idz version of the rifle.

The one in BWMOD is the current G36 idz rail/carry-handle which has the flip-up sights as shown in KoffeinFlummi's pic. Your pic is of an older rail/carry-handle based on the G36C, which wouldn't be correct for the idz version of the rifle.

I have a really hard time to find actual proof of this construction for the IDZ rail, shady airsoft pages aside. If you could provide me a link to an authentic source for this information, I'd be glad to accept this concept. Everywhere I look I find different designs of the picatinny rail for the G36, be it IDZ or not. But none of the ones that differ from the one I showed aren't listed on shady airsoft supplier pages. Yes, the bead sighter looks different sometimes (for example on the G36E/G36V versions with picatinny rail instead of the ones with the ZF 3x4, or very few ones with a flippable bead sighter), but the notch almost always looks like the one I posted.

It wouldn't change anything about the need to redo the iron-sights though. The flippable notch may be the one from the Gladius project, maybe it isn't, but it's still astonishingly ugly compared to the regular one.

Edited by Pergor

I have a really hard time to find actual proof of this construction for the IDZ rail, shady airsoft pages aside. If you could provide me a link to an authentic source for this information, I'd be glad to accept this concept. Everywhere I look I find different designs of the picatinny rail for the G36, be it IDZ or not. But none of the ones that differ from the one I showed aren't listed on shady airsoft supplier pages. Yes, the bead sighter looks different sometimes (for example on the G36E/G36V versions with picatinny rail instead of the ones with the ZF 3x4, or very few ones with a flippable bead sighter), but the notch almost always looks like the one I posted.

It wouldn't change anything about the need to redo the iron-sights though. The flippable notch may be the one from the Gladius project, maybe it isn't, but it's still astonishingly ugly compared to the regular one.

Here is your authentic source: http://www.heckler-koch.com/de/militaer/produkte/sturmgewehre/g36/g36/zubehoer.html?tx_z7attachmentshk_pi3[article]=60&cHash=e0f1f38ee29dbe270215adec050750cc

Visierschiene, Aluminium

Here is your authentic source: http://www.heckler-koch.com/de/militaer/produkte/sturmgewehre/g36/g36/zubehoer.html?tx_z7attachmentshk_pi3[article]=60&cHash=e0f1f38ee29dbe270215adec050750cc

Visierschiene, Aluminium

That's one configuration among many... Most of which are supposedly meant for export versions, but that's still not the best looking configuration. Additionally when designing a game object you have to consider recognizability - and most of those rails completely lack that G36 feel.

That's one configuration among many... Most of which are supposedly meant for export versions, but that's still not the best looking configuration. Additionally when designing a game object you have to consider recognizability - and most of those rails completely lack that G36 feel.

Well I think the team behind this mod is fine with the way their G36 looks and feels, and frankly I understand them.

If you're unhappy with this mod, you don't have to use it.

To the entire team, thanks for a great mod I really enjoy the weapons as they are of a great quality. I'm looking forward to further revisions of this mod and AGM