I'm getting a strange bug..

I've reduced my modset to just CBA and BWMod and I get an error whenever a CreateTask module is used in a mission.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/ModuleTaskCreate_F/Arguments/Owner/values/Unit.default'.
Warning Message: '/' is not a value
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/ModuleTaskCreate_F/Arguments/Owner/values/Side.default'.
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/ModuleTaskCreate_F/Arguments/Owner/values/All.default'.
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/ModuleTaskCreate_F/Arguments/Owner/values/West.default'.
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/ModuleTaskCreate_F/Arguments/Owner/values/East.default'.
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/ModuleTaskCreate_F/Arguments/Owner/values/Guer.default'.
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/ModuleTaskCreate_F/Arguments/Owner/values/Civ.default'.
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/ModuleTaskCreate_F/Arguments/Destination/Values/Disabled.default'.
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/ModuleTaskCreate_F/Arguments/State/Values/Assigned.default'.
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/ModuleTaskCreate_F/Arguments/State/Values/Succeeded.default'.
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/ModuleTaskCreate_F/Arguments/State/Values/Failed.default'.
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/ModuleTaskCreate_F/Arguments/State/Values/Canceled.default'.

if I have BW mod off I don't get this error

Thanks, worked superb :)

What's the uniform class name for rifleman tropentarn? I tried to remove the NVGoggles but they still remain in the uniform...

this addUniform "BWA3_Rifleman_Tropen" didn't work.

BWA3_Uniform_Fleck

BWA3_Uniform_Tropen

That error was already tracked down, the fix will come with the next update. Speaking of which:

http://puush.me/thumb/view/6Yrxb/0125e674bc.jpg http://puush.me/thumb/view/6YrI8/334f2652e1.jpg

Cool, I was surprised to see BW causing the issue thought it would have been one of my shitty mods breaking it.

The picture doesn't seem to work btw

I would like to see a German "Kampfschwimmer"-class and a "MP-5 SD6" in this very fine mod.

We play it a lot! Good work.

Edited by Purzel

Hey guys, I just saw your recent video about the G82, the kestrel 4500NV and Vector IV and was wondering if you consider releasing the kestrel and vector as well as your realsim as a standalone, so that even not Bundeswehr-oriented groups could benefit from your outstanding work? Anyway the level of quality seen in your video is really something. keep up the good work.

sorry if it was asked, but will you add possibility to use other optic by asdg_jr?

Is Drag/Carry still not playing the animation correctly, or am I doing something wrong?

Is Drag/Carry still not playing the animation correctly, or am I doing something wrong?

Either you posted in the wrong thread, or you are using BWA3_Realism.

In the latter case, the medical system is highly WIP and everything is still half broken. It is recommended you don't use it right now.

Will the little misalignment be fixed in the upcoming update?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One X+ met Tapatalk

Introduction

The BWMod team's goal is to supply the Arma 3 community with a set of vehicles, weapons and equipment to be used in 2020 by the German Army, like the IdZ system and vehicles currently being introduced, such as the IFV Puma.

We are not associated with the BWMod for OFP and the earlier Arma games, but since the team around that mod abandoned the project, we will continue where they left of and equip players with high-quality vehicles and weapons.

Features

Vehicles

• IFV Puma

Weapons

• P8
  • MP7 (by Schmung and The_Tub)
  • G36 / G36K IdZ ES (Both with optional AG40 underslung grenade launcher)
  • G28 Standard & Assault
  • MG4
  • RGW90
  • Panzerfaust 3
  • DM51A1 frag grenade
  • DM25 & DM32 smoke grenades

Attachments

• RSA-S
  • Aimpoint MicroT1
  • ZO4x30
  • Shortdot
  • 3-20x50
  • attachable NSV600 night vision addon
  • LLM01 with switchable laser/light modes

Gear

• IdZ Vest in various configurations
  • OpsCore FAST helmet
  • Crewman KSK helmet
  • Berets for a variety of units
  • Tactical Glasses in 3 colors

For a more detailed view of the available content, take a look at this page (German).

Team

Project Lead: Hamburger SV

3D - Artists: KoffeinFlummi, Ghost, Tonic, Jan, Sören, Hawkins

2D - Artists: Hamburger SV, Tonic

Import & Configs: KoffeinFlummi, commy2

Scripting: commy2

Download

The download link can be found here:

http://www.bwmod.de/index.php/inhalt/download

We ask you to only link to that page and not reupload the files elsewhere to make updating the mod less of a hassle.

The BWMod requires CBA to function properly.

Media

Screenshots

http://i.imgur.com/stiSHKJs.jpg http://i.imgur.com/FhTCxyWs.jpg http://i.imgur.com/w6nCP9qs.jpg http://i.imgur.com/7m8evYas.png http://i.imgur.com/0DhAAYss.png

Videos

IFV Puma:

G36:

G28:

MG4:

Contact

If you have any questions, suggestions or other feedback, feel free to either PM me here or post on our forums at:

http://www.bwmod.de (German)

Could you guys please upload it to Playwithsix...

Ähm, i want use removeAllWeapons player in my initplayerlocal.sqf, but if i do that with BWA3 units, the units cannot throw any grenades !! Please check this...

Ähm, i want use removeAllWeapons player in my initplayerlocal.sqf, but if i do that with BWA3 units, the units cannot throw any grenades !! Please check this...

This is not the only issue with our grenades, so I figured I'd just explain the reason for those problems before I address yours specifically.

In Arma, at least config-wise, every soldier has 2 "weapons" in addition to his actual physical weapons: "Throw" and "Put". Those are helpers that enable the soldier to place stuff like mines, explosives, etc. (Put) or throw grenades, chemlights (Throw). The individual items (grenades, mines, etc.) are magazines of those weapons. (This is also why you use addMagazine to give a unit grenades). In the config of those weapons, every type of item has their own "muzzle". Muzzles are usually used to configure multiple physical muzzles of a weapon, like an underslung grenade launcher, or a double-barrel shotgun. So, to summarize: Technically, every unit in Arma carries a giant, invisible grenade launcher with 20 barrels.

The problems start when you try to add another muzzle to that throw weapon in a mod. All the muzzles are listed in an array that looks something like this:

muzzles[] = {"HandGrenade_Stone", "HandGrenadeMuzzle", "MiniGrenadeMuzzle", "SmokeShellMuzzle", "SmokeShellYellowMuzzle", "SmokeShellGreenMuzzle", "SmokeShellRedMuzzle", "SmokeShellPurpleMuzzle", "SmokeShellOrangeMuzzle", "SmokeShellBlueMuzzle", "ChemlightGreenMuzzle", "ChemlightRedMuzzle", "ChemlightYellowMuzzle", "ChemlightBlueMuzzle", "IRGrenade"};

Right now, the only way to add another element to that array is to completely replace it1, which means that if 2 mods were to insert their own grenades into the Throw weapon, you'd only be able to use one of them. The way we circumvented that issue is by adding our own Throw weapon, "BWA3_Throw", with all the muzzles we need. This, in return, also causes some problems:

1. Non-BW units cannot throw BW grenades
  2. Script commands do not know that BWA3_Throw is not a regular weapon. (which results in your problem)
  3. If a patch introduces a new grenade, BW units won't be able to throw them. (this is actually the case with the IR strobes right now)

So how can we fix that?

There are 2 possible fixes, both on Bohemia's side.

1. 1 The introduction of the "+=" operator, which would allow you to add elements to an array without completely replacing it, which would allow us to use the Throw weapon without sacrificing compatability. Bohemia actually mentioned that they plan to do that, and it might already be possible (It wasn't at the time of release), I'll have to check.
  2. Completely overhaul the grenade system, e.g. with a "CfgGrenades", which would also allow easy expansion.

Now, to fix your specific problem, you could do one of 2 things:

1. Remove all weapons except the BWA3_Throw one:
    {
     if (_x != "BWA3_Throw") then {_unit removeWeapon _x;};
    } forEach (weapons _unit);

2. Remove all weapons, and then add the BWA3_Throw weapon again
    removeAllWeapons _unit;
    _unit addWeapon "BWA3_Throw";

(Adding a throw weapon with a script might cause issues, so if possible, use #1)

Edited by KoffeinFlummi

Thanks for this detailed answer. I figured it out too, that BWA3_Throw is the problem... i have a workaround, thanks for informations !!

To speak for them without permission

Modders need money and as nearly everyone is not willed to donate they need to make money in a different way

Its just because of the community which thinks modding is something you can do fast with any size of projects

But in fact

Modding is expensive and requires much time! Its a full time job!

So

Stay happy with the given mirrors

This is not the only issue with our grenades, so I figured I'd just explain the reason for those problems before I address yours specifically.

In Arma, at least config-wise, every soldier has 2 "weapons" in addition to his actual physical weapons: "Throw" and "Put". Those are helpers that enable the soldier to place stuff like mines, explosives, etc. (Put) or throw grenades, chemlights (Throw). The individual items (grenades, mines, etc.) are magazines of those weapons. (This is also why you use addMagazine to give a unit grenades). In the config of those weapons, every type of item has their own "muzzle". Muzzles are usually used to configure multiple physical muzzles of a weapon, like an underslung grenade launcher, or a double-barrel shotgun. So, to summarize: Technically, every unit in Arma carries a giant, invisible grenade launcher with 20 barrels.

The problems start when you try to add another muzzle to that throw weapon in a mod. All the muzzles are listed in an array that looks something like this:

muzzles[] = {"HandGrenade_Stone", "HandGrenadeMuzzle", "MiniGrenadeMuzzle", "SmokeShellMuzzle", "SmokeShellYellowMuzzle", "SmokeShellGreenMuzzle", "SmokeShellRedMuzzle", "SmokeShellPurpleMuzzle", "SmokeShellOrangeMuzzle", "SmokeShellBlueMuzzle", "ChemlightGreenMuzzle", "ChemlightRedMuzzle", "ChemlightYellowMuzzle", "ChemlightBlueMuzzle", "IRGrenade"};

Right now, the only way to add another element to that array is to completely replace it1, which means that if 2 mods were to insert their own grenades into the Throw weapon, you'd only be able to use one of them. The way we circumvented that issue is by adding our own Throw weapon, "BWA3_Throw", with all the muzzles we need. This, in return, also causes some problems:

1. Non-BW units cannot throw BW grenades
  2. Script commands do not now that BWA3_Throw is not a regular weapon. (which results in your problem)
  3. If a patch introduces a new grenade, BW units won't be able to throw them. (this is actually the case with the IR strobes right now)

So how can we fix that?

There are 2 possible fixes, both on Bohemia's side.

1. 1 The introduction of the "+=" operator, which would allow you to add elements to an array without completely replacing it, which would allow us to use the Throw weapon without sacrificing compatability. Bohemia actually mentioned that they plan to do that, and it might already be possible (It wasn't at the time of release), I'll have to check.
  2. Completely overhaul the grenade system, e.g. with a "CfgGrenades", which would also allow easy expansion.

Now, to fix your specific problem, you could do one of 2 things:

1. Remove all weapons except the BWA3_Throw one:
    {
     if (_x != "BWA3_Throw") then {_unit removeWeapon _x;};
    } forEach (weapons _unit);

2. Remove all weapons, and then add the BWA3_Throw weapon again
    removeAllWeapons _unit;
    _unit addWeapon "BWA3_Throw";

(Adding a throw weapon with a script might cause issues, so if possible, use #1)

haha i was wondering why grenades wont work but thank you also for detailed answer. Are we gonna see any New armor anytime soon? Wiezel would be bad ass or Panzerhowizer

Modders need money and as nearly everyone is not willed to donate they need to make money in a different way

Its just because of the community which thinks modding is something you can do fast with any size of projects

But in fact

So

I doubt that the money is a problem.

But in fact

So

We do not make any money from this mod whatsoever.

The reasons for wanting our website to handle all the distribution are:

1. We can monitor the amount of downloads etc.
  2. We make sure that there are no outdated versions being offered for download elsewhere.
  3. We don't have to chase down 20 different admins every update.

This issue has been discussed enough, please leave it at that.

haha i was wondering why grenades wont work but thank you also for detailed answer. Are we gonna see any New armor anytime soon? Wiezel would be bad ass or Panzerhowizer

There may or may not be a new tracked vehicle coming with the next patch...

Can I ask how far down on your working list a Leopard 1 is? I doubt it's "soon", it might be "at some point" and one can even imagine a "never", since BWM is ostensibly for Germany anno 2020, not 1990. But because it's such a brilliant tank which was/is used so widely, I am hoping it's not "never"... :)

There may or may not be a new tracked vehicle coming with the next patch...

Surprise, surprise... :)

Keep up this good work !!

Grüßle aus D, Phantom

1 The introduction of the "+=" operator, which would allow you to add elements to an array without completely replacing it, which would allow us to use the Throw weapon without sacrificing compatability. Bohemia actually mentioned that they plan to do that, and it might already be possible (It wasn't at the time of release), I'll have to check.

This operator is supported in config files and does work with the ThrowMuzzles.

This operator is supported in config files and does work with the ThrowMuzzles.

Checked it out, it works, although you can't binarize pbos with it yet, it seems. That's ok though, that just means that there'll be an additional, unbinarized .pbo for the grenade stuff. This does get rid of all the grenade problems, rejoice! :yay:

Can I ask how far down on your working list a Leopard 1 is? I doubt it's "soon", it might be "at some point" and one can even imagine a "never", since BWM is ostensibly for Germany anno 2020, not 1990. But because it's such a brilliant tank which was/is used so widely, I am hoping it's not "never"... :)

I'm afraid I'll have to disappoint you, we will not introduce a Leopard 1, as they haven't been used by the Bundeswehr for quite some time. I think there's another mod that's planning to add one though.

Edited by KoffeinFlummi

Hey

another question : is it possible to make the g36/g28 compatible with their respective (arma 3 ingame) sound surpressor ?? It would be great... :)