I have questions:

- Do you plan to distribute via SIX network?

- Do you expect the discussion to take place in your forum?

As for PWSix: No, copying a folder is not a big deal, but keeping track of 1000s applications and mods is. I use Armarize which uses the six network and this is a huge plus. It has a traditional ui. Great for keeping mods up to date. Six network is the de-facto standard for this.

I honestly don't want to register in yet another ArmA related forum. The german ArmA (discussion) community is not so strong that it can handle further cluttering. See arma2base.de, it's rather dead. There's way more discussion on the big guys pages, e.g. Odium Youtube channel. Thats not good after all. I think it's perfectly fine if many people just stay: here. :)

Edited by tortuosit

Can't this be used with Alive? Bwmod is loaded, but I cannot choose anything of it in the editor. No Bundeswehr in sight...

Can't this be used with Alive? Bwmod is loaded, but I cannot choose anything of it in the editor. No Bundeswehr in sight...

defenitly not compatible with ALIVE (i can pick the BW units but are getting errors from ALIVE)

Errors are easily to be found open up the modules and select one of the alive catagory's you'll see error message pop up (example : No entry 'config.bin/cfgvehicles/alive_sys_aiskill/arguments/debug/values/no.default' [errors are different from catagory to catagory])

i have traced it back to the BW mod as GLT mod and BW mod where the last new mods and suddenly i had the errors while i had not have it before i removed GLT and it still remained i remove BW and errors are gone

Hey,

is this normal that the panzerfaust one-hit everthing @ front? every tank, every apc and also the puma? There could be luck shots but i tested a bit around against T-100 and all other stuff and every hit destroyed them completly with a huge fireball. No other weapon is so strong in arma3.

It's penetration capabilities are overestimated or vanilla vehicles have too weak protection. I suspect both.

It's penetration capabilities are overestimated or vanilla vehicles have too weak protection. I suspect both.

You do realize that the RPG-32 itself can one-shoot a Slammer from the front aswell, right? The Pzf3 is even stronger, because you only get 1.

So you did make the Pzf3 stronger then a APFSDS shot from another tank? And made it so strong that it didnt just disable the part it hits, every vehicle just explodes ;) Hmm perhaps a bit boring if i know "wherever i hit this tank he will go to hell".

Edited by Numrollen

You do realize that the RPG-32 itself can one-shoot a Slammer from the front aswell, right? The Pzf3 is even stronger, because you only get 1.

RPG-32 and your PzF-3 are then overstrenghtened.

I have a book written by armor designed, col. Adam Wiśniewski, where he written about tests of tandem warheads for PzF-3 in Poland. Results were surprising both for our engineers and military personel as well for our German partners. PzF-3IT600 with tandem warhead was reported to be capable to penetrate approx 900-1000mm of RHA protected by ERA. However during tests, RHA plate with thickness of 550mm protected by ERAWA-2 ERA, PzF-3 projectiles hit target at oblique angles of 15 and 30 degrees. During both tests ERAWA-2 detonated but shaped charge from PzF-3 warheads were capable to penetrate only 400mm.

erawapruebasaw.jpg

Manufacturers of RPG's and ATGM's mostly overestimate their products capabilities, simply because they are mostly tested against simple RHA plates.

However modern armored fighting vehicles use far more complex protection. Basic homogeneus steel passive armor had been replaced by multilayer dynamic protection in form of NERA (Non Energetic Reactive Armor) both in simple steel + rubber variant as well in more complex composite variations (like UK/US Burlington special armor and it's later evolutions), ERA (Explosive Reactive Armor) or NxRA (Non Explosive Reactive Armor). However due to classified informations about modern AFV's protection, it is wrongly assumed that anti armor weapons defeated armor, in reality situation is opposite, and capabilities of hand held anti tank weapons are decreasing each year, because shaped charge warhead penetration capabilities depends mostly on it's diameter, however due to practical issues with warhead size and weight, there is a limit of how big these warheads can be.

KoffeinFlummi, would it be possible for you to get in touch with Olds of the Real Armor Mod? He has created a penetration-based mechanic for AT weapons in order to improve realism, but in order for this to work with the BWMod's AT weapons, it would require you to put together some optional configs.

I love the BWMod weapons AND I love with that Armor mod is doing. If I could use both at the same time I would be very pleased indeed!

Thanks!

RPG-32 and your PzF-3 are then overstrenghtened.

I have a book written by armor designed, col. Adam Wiśniewski, where he written about tests of tandem warheads for PzF-3 in Poland. Results were surprising both for our engineers and military personel as well for our German partners. PzF-3IT600 with tandem warhead was reported to be capable to penetrate approx 900-1000mm of RHA protected by ERA. However during tests, RHA plate with thickness of 550mm protected by ERAWA-2 ERA, PzF-3 projectiles hit target at oblique angles of 15 and 30 degrees. During both tests ERAWA-2 detonated but shaped charge from PzF-3 warheads were capable to penetrate only 400mm.

http://imageshack.us/a/img31/5508/erawapruebasaw.jpg

Manufacturers of RPG's and ATGM's mostly overestimate their products capabilities, simply because they are mostly tested against simple RHA plates.

However modern armored fighting vehicles use far more complex protection. Basic homogeneus steel passive armor had been replaced by multilayer dynamic protection in form of NERA (Non Energetic Reactive Armor) both in simple steel + rubber variant as well in more complex composite variations (like UK/US Burlington special armor and it's later evolutions), ERA (Explosive Reactive Armor) or NxRA (Non Explosive Reactive Armor). However due to classified informations about modern AFV's protection, it is wrongly assumed that anti armor weapons defeated armor, in reality situation is opposite, and capabilities of hand held anti tank weapons are decreasing each year, because shaped charge warhead penetration capabilities depends mostly on it's diameter, however due to practical issues with warhead size and weight, there is a limit of how big these warheads can be.

The problem with a realistic performance of the Pzf 3 is that that doesn't integrate well into the current state of Arma. If a disposable Pzf 3 wouldn't kill a tank with the first shot, but the reloadable RPG-32 would, you'd have a huge balance problem. And before anyone tries to tell me that balance doesn't matter in Arma: Yes it does. I'm also a fan of realistic damage values, but that should be optional. But, as Shadow pointed out...

KoffeinFlummi, would it be possible for you to get in touch with Olds of the Real Armor Mod? He has created a penetration-based mechanic for AT weapons in order to improve realism, but in order for this to work with the BWMod's AT weapons, it would require you to put together some optional configs.

I love the BWMod weapons AND I love with that Armor mod is doing. If I could use both at the same time I would be very pleased indeed!

Thanks!

... making an additional .pbo to make the Pzf 3 fit into mods like Real Armor is very possible. I had a brief look at the mod, and from the looks of it, it would just be a simple damage change for the warhead of the Pzf 3 (and the RGW 90), and some changes for the amour of the Puma. I'll look into it.

Yes of course it must be in balance with arma3 stuff and i think arma3 dont offer outofthebox easy settings to archive a realistic damage while all others are not even nearly realistic. The GTK-Boxer with max. arming is capable of 35mm AP from the front and over 14mm around the hole vehicle. how should this work in arma3 where 30mm can kill a tank? making the bw stuff the weakest power isnt also not the best thing.

And now? Pzf3 is atm a monster. Quite difficult to balance that :D The best way would really get together with Olds and/or change all other arma3 values. I think everyone who is using BWMod like to have realistic values all over arma3, not standing for arcade action.

Hi, just a Quick question - are there any Plans for German Backpacks, as in Fleck- and Tropentarn camo patterns, for the future?

Also, did you guys think about maybe releasing a hotfix for the inaccurate sights on the G36? I am aware that the issue is known and supposed to be fixed, however, that basically means, until your next update (which could take a while, i guess?) top-accurate shots are not possible with most scopes.

Last but not least - did you think about configuring Weapons with a Tripod, so they can be rested? E.g. with TMR. Weapons can already be rested on Flat surfaces, but a (functional) Tripod would give the MG's and G28 some extra stability for Long-Range fire. Which is a must, given the AI is capable of delivering accurate shots with the 6.5mm over 6-800 Meters. I guess all it needs is a config value set, so TMR then knows "i can allow bipod resting with that gun".

Hi, just a Quick question - are there any Plans for German Backpacks, as in Fleck- and Tropentarn camo patterns, for the future?

Yes, but they're not really top priority, so don't except them to come in the next release.

Also, did you guys think about maybe releasing a hotfix for the inaccurate sights on the G36? I am aware that the issue is known and supposed to be fixed, however, that basically means, until your next update (which could take a while, i guess?) top-accurate shots are not possible with most scopes.

The next patch won't be too far down the road, so it won't be too long. We'll see if a hotfix would be worth it.

Last but not least - did you think about configuring Weapons with a Tripod, so they can be rested? E.g. with TMR. Weapons can already be rested on Flat surfaces, but a (functional) Tripod would give the MG's and G28 some extra stability for Long-Range fire. Which is a must, given the AI is capable of delivering accurate shots with the 6.5mm over 6-800 Meters. I guess all it needs is a config value set, so TMR then knows "i can allow bipod resting with that gun".

Adding compatability with mods like TMR is planned for the next release, including bipods for G28 and MG4.

Hello! Awesome mod! Do you plan on adding any MMG to it? ARMA3 seriously lacks machineguns, especially 7.62 ones.

Yes, but they're not really top priority, so don't except them to come in the next release.

Certainly nice to hear. Although we need Backpacks quite badly, since the amount of Gear one can carry without a Pack is quite limited. Well, for Mechanized Infantry, its' fine, i guess, since anything can be stored inside the Puma. Vanilla Backpacks ofc. work, i just thought about maybe some retextures. Looking forward to your final ones, however.

The next patch won't be too far down the road, so it won't be too long. We'll see if a hotfix would be worth it.

That is, of course, also extremely nice to hear. Wondering what would be inside, content-wise.

Adding compatability with mods like TMR is planned for the next release, including bipods for G28 and MG4.

Great, thats' a nice (and important, for TMR-users) feature. Thanks for the quick reply.

Hey hows the progress with the bw mod? Huge question... are u guys gonna bring BW static weapons?

Germans new toy the Mantis

I found this about mantis.

Pic

This is a boxer with mantis turret on top.

for inspiration.

i think the Puma uses the same type of cannon ... but the Mantis just fires way more quickly.... could be easy to make the mantis AA

I've got a question. Is it possible to enable free look for driver seat when inside the vehicle? Those awesome windows on the sides always make me want to turn my head left and right when driving.

I'm pretty sure its just a better 2D overlay than vanilla, so won't be possible.

I just stumble upon this Mod due to "MrLeonMontana"s YouTube channel. Me as a german was kinda sad that there is no good G36 or German Gear mod - after I scouted Armaholic and Play withSix.

You guys really made me happy. I simply love that mod. I think the best part is not the weapons or the Puma....no the freakin Vest - that looks AWESOME - just let my heart melt instantly xD

So, keep on working on that mod. I'm looking so much forward to new content!

The BW unit takes opfor NVGoggles (Black), therefore you have to use following code:

this removeItem"NVGoggles_OPFOR";this unassignItem"NVGoggles_OPFOR";