@ Fabio_Chavez: We'll rather do our own Fennek, Leopard and Boxer meshes than trying to turn those abominations into proper BW equipment ;)

The 'flat' speculars are a deliberate decision seeing how real world equipment that's been used for a while - possibly in a dusty environment - will be covered in dust which basically kills any specular highlight irl. Maybe when BIS finally allows texture-driven specular colors in RVMATs some day in the future, the spec maps will get overhauled.

sounds great, would love to see those vehicles in an authentic fashion, i hope you dont mind the feedback, some things are subject of artistic expression and personal preference anyway...

"texture-driven specular colors in RVMATs" does that mean varying specularity on different parts of the vehicle? isnt that possible now?

one last thing, since the sights of the MG4 occupy a relatively large size of the screen, maybe it would be nice to have it slightly more interessting and detailed.

e.g.:

https://www.google.de/search?q=zeiss+z+point&safe=off&espv=210&es_sm=122&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=P47OUqXvFIjZsgax8oHoAg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=966

Hej,

constructive feedback is always welcomed!

WRT to speculars - IIRC the specular maps in A3 currently only allow to control the power of specular highlights with the total range set in the RVMAT config. The colour of the highlights is set there as well. I could set up a bunch of RVMATs to control the speculars of different materials on a model, but that would quickly hammer performance on more complex assets. To be able to do more convincing speculars and still maintain a safe section count, I'd like to control the colour of the highlights via a RGB texture as well. Here's some background info about the rationale behind this: http://www.manufato.com/?p=902

You are aware that a Z Point is already present in the mod? Goes by the name of RSA-S - same thing, just a different name.

sounds great, would love to see those vehicles in an authentic fashion, i hope you dont mind the feedback, some things are subject of artistic expression and personal preference anyway...

"texture-driven specular colors in RVMATs" does that mean varying specularity on different parts of the vehicle? isnt that possible now?

one last thing, since the sights of the MG4 occupy a relatively large size of the screen, maybe it would be nice to have it slightly more interessting and detailed.

e.g.:

https://www.google.de/search?q=zeiss+z+point&safe=off&espv=210&es_sm=122&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=P47OUqXvFIjZsgax8oHoAg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=966

Edited by jagheterjan

Another issue I have need to point out is using all the CQB sights with NVGs is almost impossible. It makes the red dot way too big

ah ok i see, though under the assumption that it fills much of the screen space and is pernantently onscreen in 1st person view, a more detailed mesh and texture would be welcome, since its bassicly a big monochromous thing onscreen.

some screens to illustrate the point:

http://i.imgur.com/gGMa3Pd.jpg (221 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/E7hYiGT.jpg (253 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/GWyUoiC.jpg (352 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/4QKNuxE.jpg (295 kB)

---------- Post added at 14:05 ---------- Previous post was at 13:55 ----------

btw ahh now i get it, the z point is in a protection case in that variant and there are different variations in the first place...

6.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img91/506/zpoint.jpg (278 kB)

i guess, the one with the logo and the solar panel gives a lot of opportunity for some eyecandy, thats just imho though.

637.jpg

Edited by Fabio_Chavez

Hey guys....I've asked this question before but I think it got lost in the comments....

Is anyone else having trouble with the new grenades? I'm talking about the DM51A1 frag grenade and the DM25 & DM32 smoke grenades.

I can equip them via ammo box and VAS. But they're not showing up in the top right corner. Only the default grenades are working. :/

Hey guys....I've asked this question before but I think it got lost in the comments....

Is anyone else having trouble with the new grenades? I'm talking about the DM51A1 frag grenade and the DM25 & DM32 smoke grenades.

I can equip them via ammo box and VAS. But they're not showing up in the top right corner. Only the default grenades are working. :/

The problem with custom grenades is that you can't modify the actual "Throw" weapon used by vanilla soldiers without breaking compatability with other mods that also add grenades. This means that you have to create your own "Throw" weapon, which retains compatability, but leads to some other problems, such as the fact that vanilla soldiers can still only use vanilla grenades. So until BIS introduces a CfgGrenades or does something else to allow for easier implementation of custom grenades, we can't really do anything about that.

The problem with custom grenades is that you can't modify the actual "Throw" weapon used by vanilla soldiers without breaking compatability with other mods that also add grenades. This means that you have to create your own "Throw" weapon, which retains compatability, but leads to some other problems, such as the fact that vanilla soldiers can still only use vanilla grenades. So until BIS introduces a CfgGrenades or does something else to allow for easier implementation of custom grenades, we can't really do anything about that.

It should be possible with this change (look under "Operations"), the class Throw is specifically mentioned.

I didn't manage to play around with your mod so far, but congrats for the first release and thanks to everyone involved. I'm looking forward to what you have in store for the future.

I like your items :D I love your mod!

jxskqZXkfmep3_xs.jpg

Sounds a little bit ironic :p To all who don't know Mrs. von der Leyen. She's one of our former family ministers. Now she's taking care of our military.

It should be possible with this change (look under "Operations"), the class Throw is specifically mentioned.

I didn't manage to play around with your mod so far, but congrats for the first release and thanks to everyone involved. I'm looking forward to what you have in store for the future.

That should indeed fix the issue, although the tools at this time are not able to binarize configs using this method. Let's hope for an update.

please tell me that the Panzerhaubitze 2000 is up next for the BW mod haha

well for this time ("future") would be a MARS better

well for this time ("future") would be a MARS better

Why that? I can't imagine that even at this time the PzH will be replaced by something that is a complete different system firing completely different ammunition.

Could you please tell me the classname of the green backpack which the Autorifleman uses?

I can't find it..

Could you please tell me the classname of the green backpack which the Autorifleman uses?

I can't find it..

B_Kitbag_Base

Why that? I can't imagine that even at this time the PzH will be replaced by something that is a complete different system firing completely different ammunition.

Cause the MARS can shoot 80km with much more firepower and the PzH2000 only 26km, sure maybe you dont need such a system for that longe range but for this timeline it seems better.

Btw I dont think that the BW Team will script a AFCS and the correct munition for the PzH2000 (like the Paladin). Who wants a SPG with win98 ;)

Cause the MARS can shoot 80km with much more firepower and the PzH2000 only 26km, sure maybe you dont need such a system for that longe range but for this timeline it seems better.

Btw I dont think that the BW Team will script a AFCS and the correct munition for the PzH2000 (like the Paladin). Who wants a SPG with win98 ;)

PzH 2000 is on the list. Don't hold your breath for it tho.

Now btt please, everyone.

Hello KoffeinFlummi, Hello Jagheterjan,

First at all, thanks for this mod, BWMod is definitly one of my favorite mod and the quality level is simply amazing.

I'm testing your Puma and it "seems" that the AI as locking issues with fast aircrafts (over 350kmh).

I'm using different addons and aircraft like SU35 (Saul n Spartan) and Su25 (Swedish forces MOD) + TMR.

All aircrafts have been successfully locked by AI Puma once or twice but often at low alt and slow speed

and it seems to be only Spike missiles and not the 30mm canon. One last thing I've noticed, the Puma seems to

be undestroyable by anti tank missile like AGM65 (HAF MOD), KH29 (SU35 MOD) and ATGM Scalpel (ARMA3).

The missiles ricochet off the Puma.

I hope this might help

Thank you for great work and for reading me.

Edited by Hartmann_E
spelling + complement

The 30mm is not meant to be an AA-gun, so i think the puma behaves correctly in not opening fire on jets. Also the Puma has a softkill system by EADS called MUSS which we implemented into the game. Your locked missiles might have missed because off that? You should check if you can destroy an empty Puma, because the softkill system will be disabled.

Hey your work is incredible and I was just wondering if you guys would also like to work on the Leopard 3 ? I know it was never introduced but since ARMA3s setting leaves you with a lot of possibilities for additional content and also has at least on prototype in it´s content you could add this to your list. I personally just find the idea of such a monster great and it´s a shame the Leo 3 made it into reality so why not give it at least a chance in ARMA ? :D Tell me what you think guys.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?81030-Pictures-of-a-Leopard-III-Model!