Sign in to follow this  
JohnKalo

Aziz-Takedown

Aziz-Takedown

Brought to you by HelicopterEnthusiast and zigTtzag (zTt)

After some time has passed from our previous mission release we are now happy to present you "Aziz-Takedown". This particular one is a military mission. It is mostly MP but it can also be played in SP.

1.]Hypothesis: You are a squad of five soldiers who are tasked to eliminate a high ranking enemy officer who is supervising the transportation of some captives. Of course after eliminating the target you have also got to save the hostages and transport them back to base. Moreover there are some side objectives. These include the clearing of some enemy camps and waypoints. More intel is included in the mission briefing.

2.]Important details:

a)The way that you are going to accomplish the mission is on you. You are given choppers and different kind of equipment so as for the players to choose.

b)If you have managed to save the civilians and bring them back to base you can end the mission by making your way to a waypoint which is located on the map near the friendly airport and wait there for 30 seconds.

c)What you have to know is that the hostages will be released once a friendly soldier comes near them. Then they will join your group, so as for you to command them, so as to bring them back to base.

d)There is a sniper position which is clearly indicated via a marker on the map.

e)Fastroping and first aid modules are included.

f)Weapon respawn is included as well as instant respawn for players.

3.]Requirements:

3.1]Player skills:

a)Expert helicopter flying skills are required. The pilot should be able to hold the helicopter steady for the ground forces to fastrope, have the ability to land a helicopter which has taken some heavy damage, like the back rotor failing, and also be able to land in a hot LZ so as to extract friendlies who are in trouble. These things are not sure to happen but the players should be ready for it.

b)Some medium sniper skills are required although it depends on the approach that you will be having

3.2]Technical: Arma 2 free and OA demo is required. If you don't have them just download them and enable them via the expansions menu, or transfer their .pbos into the TOH addons folder.

4.]Bugs: Of course this mission has been tested multiple times and there are no serious bugs. Some issues however are:

a)Rarely the first aid modules may not work for one player, not a specific one though.[FIXED]

b)The AI may seat in vehicles a bit weirdly when commanded. Most likely a game and not a mission issue however.

5.]Cheats: I know it sound a bit weird but a cheat does exist. A major spoiler though.

Are you sure? Even if there is a slight chance of playing this mission it really is a SPOLIER!

Ok then. Have it your way. Whenever you want just go to the map, press left click on any preferred location and you will be teleported there instantly.

6.]Some images:

a)lbiw.jpg

b)l5z2.jpg

c)b6eb.jpg

d)de1r.jpg

e)nvz4.jpg

7.]Installation: Just copy the .pbo mission file to your mpmission folder in your TOH directory. To play just start a new server and start the mission.

8.]Download link:

Version 1.0 :https://www.dropbox.com/s/az6lyevsyg1ctry/Aziz-Takedown.Takistan.pbo

Version 1.1:https://www.dropbox.com/s/az6lyevsyg1ctry/Aziz-Takedown.Takistan.pbo

[A more stable version. One "bug" fixed]

Any feedback, propositions or bug reports are welcome.

If any of you wishes to reconstruct the mission or use part of it please ask permission and mention us in your credits.

Edited by Helicopterenthusiast

Ok i'll try it !

---------- Post added at 20:42 ---------- Previous post was at 20:28 ----------

So that's should be a good mission if only i have some friends with me :) but I have noticed an issue, when i respawn i just respwan at my death location so cannot try to take an helicopters again (but here is the cheat :P)

Ok i'll try it !

Very happy to hear that! Hope you enjoy!!!

So that's should be a good mission if only i have some friends with me but I have noticed an issue, when i respawn i just respwan at my death location so cannot try to take an helicopters again (but here is the cheat :P)

And yes. I am aware of that. But I believe it would be worse if the ground forces returned to base once killed.

Also when I tested it we were three guys playing and it was much fun. In SP the cheat is required.

If only we could organize a game via the forums....:confused:

You can probably organize a game via the official Take on Helicopters group on steam :) Lots of people are disapointed to see no servers and just wait to play with somebody !!! TOH is not dead :D

Lots of people are disapointed to see no servers and just wait to play with somebody !!! TOH is not dead

I most certainly hope so!

You can probably organize a game via the official Take on Helicopters group on steam.

A very good idea but I haven't got steam...