Sign in to follow this  
lincolnlou

MRAP Maxxpro-Light armoed Vehicle

MRAP Maxxpro- Light Armored Vehicle

Happy to say there has finally been some progress on the MRAPs and thank you to everyone for helping me porting and fixing these

so we can once again enjoy these MRAPs from arma 2. Should be released soon.

CROW-Finished

MiniGun-In progress

M2- In Progress

2014-03-08_00003_zpsfa03bf10.jpg

Edited by lincolnlou

i liked this in Arma 2, hopefully if you get permission to convert it you will fix the camera bug it had in arma 2 in first person(or maybe that was a different mrap but if i remeber correctly it was this one)

u probably have to raise driver position and something was wrong with the gunner position (part glitches trough ?)

apart from that a very nice looking vehicle.

Thanks for porting.Part of me wishes Arma 3 standard of textures to be realized one day on maxxpro babies.

Yeah I remember in A2 this thing ate RPGs like it was nothing. lol

haha ya i remember it taking at least 5 RPG hits before blowing up and on Clafghan this was the best thing to use... and its fast and can have i think up to 6 people riding in it?

and its fast

insanely fast, even off-road. :)

Definitely a must have for A3!

I tried getting in contact with him about a month ago now, never got a reply, I was going to port it, but never got permission.

Maxxpro - Deathtrap in a box as we used to call them. Every patrol felt like your last and I was extremely happy when they were replaced with Caiman's and M-ATV's.

On the addon side of the house, didn't ExA take permission for namman's stuff well over a year ago?

Maxxpro - Deathtrap in a box as we used to call them.

Interesting, why is that so? I thought every MRAP had been tested and proven to survive explosions, mines, small arms fire.

You should be fine to edit it your self, the creator has been off the forums for a long time now and he released MLOD's for editing.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?96247-Mraps/page48

Interesting, why is that so? I thought every MRAP had been tested and proven to survive explosions, mines, small arms fire.

High center of gravity, high ride height (putting the gunner up high), no rear door, only the front side doors and the doors are all pneumatic due to them weighing 200+ kilos, so if the vehicle rolls into a ditch or gets rolled by an IED and the air tank/compressor gets damaged you're trapped inside with the gunners hatch being the only way out...

Compared to say... the M-ATV which has doors for all the users, a lower ride height and is much lighter meaning it can navigate the afghan terrain much easier or the Australian Bushmaster PMV which uses a mechanical rear door and 3 roof hatches.

Edited by Scarecrow398

You should be fine to edit it your self, the creator has been off the forums for a long time now and he released MLOD's for editing.

High center of gravity, high ride height (putting the gunner up high), no rear door, only the front side doors and the doors are all pneumatic due to them weighing 200+ kilos, so if the vehicle rolls into a ditch or gets rolled by an IED and the air tank/compressor gets damaged you're trapped inside with the gunners hatch being the only way out...

Compared to say... the M-ATV which has doors for all the users, a lower ride height and is much lighter meaning it can navigate the afghan terrain much easier or the Australian Bushmaster PMV which uses a mechanical rear door and 3 roof hatches.

Awsome thank you for looking into this for me at least i know now that i am able to use his work.... I am trying to figure out right now how to make it workable for arma 3... can someone help me?

Awsome thank you for looking into this for me at least i know now that i am able to use his work.... I am trying to figure out right now how to make it workable for arma 3... can someone help me?

Have a look on the Editing part of the Arma 3 forum ;)

http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?169-ARMA-3-EDITING

You should be able to get some useful informations and help.

So I was given the dev files and had been given permission to rerelease this when he first put this out, and I did so within the 15thMEU. I have the dev files somewhere... I think... but after he gave me permission he literally disappeared (he = namman) off of Skype and haven't seen him since.

Edit: I'd say keep trying to contact him as best as you can, I'll look for the files. I'm not going to release them unless he says so (if I can find them)

Edited by SpectreRSG

The download links in the first post of the addon's thread are unbinarized. He gave universal permission to the entire community to edit them. No need to rerelease anything. Go to page 1 of the link Scarecrow posted.

Anyone have Oxygen 2 or blender could u help me? its really odd how the MRAP was built... its a mixture of several vehicles all put together to create the MRAP .... file is a mess for this.

I hated driving these things. Feels like you will tip over on the side with every slight turn with all that armor that was put on there. But it would be cool to see these in A3

I've seen an RPG travel through and out the other side of an MRAP.

Can I get these files from someone? The links on the other thread are broken.

Did you drive the Maxx Pro at all and were you trained in roll over with them? You are very right about the maxx pro high center of gravity, they are not the funnest thing to drive on uneven terrain and I am pretty sure I nearly had a soggy fart a few times going over ditches others didn't have problems with, but......

1. The high ride height means greater survivabilty from a IED, plain and simple, the farther from the blast the better the armor can take it.

2. The vehicle has a back door.... http://www.armyrecognition.com/images/stories/north_america/united_states/wheeled_armoured/international_maxxpro/pictures1/MaxxPro_international_Navistar_MRAP_Mine_Resistant_Ambush_Protected_armoured_vehicle_US-Army_United_States_011.jpg

3. If you role one and somehow they blow the internal tank (not easy but I could see it) you can still open the doors. I can't tell you how many of those dumb doors I had to bypass to get in and out of. Rolled on its side? Not as easy but that's why it and the RG series (later models) have a similar system for door assistance.

4. As for the weight both vehicles weigh almost the same, have the same weight restrictions, and both had the the tire system so they could work uneven terrain, loose earth etc. While yes the M-ATV has a better capability of moving on uneven terrain I don't see the big difference until you hit the Maxx Pro Plus with the bolt on side armor kit. That brings the weight up, but it has the Abrams armor system in it making it really freaking hard to take out in comparison to a M-ATV. Especially from a explosive formed perpetrator. At that point yes the doors are would be very difficult to open if you rolled with the Pro Plus, but even then the rear door should open, the gunner hatch is open.

Add to that 8 occupents vs the M-ATVs 5 with standard gunner (-1 on the M-atv for the crows kit to 4 and if you stuck a crows on the Maxx that would be 7) Might make sense to run Maxx Pros over the M-ATV.

Did you drive the Maxx Pro at all and were you trained in roll over with them? You are very right about the maxx pro high center of gravity, they are not the funnest thing to drive on uneven terrain and I am pretty sure I nearly had a soggy fart a few times going over ditches others didn't have problems with, but......

1. The high ride height means greater survivabilty from a IED, plain and simple, the farther from the blast the better the armor can take it.

2. The vehicle has a back door.... http://www.armyrecognition.com/images/stories/north_america/united_states/wheeled_armoured/international_maxxpro/pictures1/MaxxPro_international_Navistar_MRAP_Mine_Resistant_Ambush_Protected_armoured_vehicle_US-Army_United_States_011.jpg

3. If you role one and somehow they blow the internal tank (not easy but I could see it) you can still open the doors. I can't tell you how many of those dumb doors I had to bypass to get in and out of. Rolled on its side? Not as easy but that's why it and the RG series (later models) have a similar system for door assistance.

4. As for the weight both vehicles weigh almost the same, have the same weight restrictions, and both had the the tire system so they could work uneven terrain, loose earth etc. While yes the M-ATV has a better capability of moving on uneven terrain I don't see the big difference until you hit the Maxx Pro Plus with the bolt on side armor kit. That brings the weight up, but it has the Abrams armor system in it making it really freaking hard to take out in comparison to a M-ATV. Especially from a explosive formed perpetrator. At that point yes the doors are would be very difficult to open if you rolled with the Pro Plus, but even then the rear door should open, the gunner hatch is open.

I was thinking more along the lines of the irrigation ditches all over the countryside, not in the way of turning the steering wheel will roll it:

http://gocomics.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c5f3053ef01157099d2ed970b-pi

2: Thanks, I thought they had a rear door but was unable to find photos in the 3 seconds I bothered looking when I posted and assumed they didn't (Which, in hindsight would be strange for a combat vehicle to force everyone by the driver...)

3: I know of the override's they have, I was only pointing out why it may be a bad design.

4: I'll admit I don't know where I came up with that one, my understanding of the M-ATV comp was that regular MRAP's where getting bogged down in the winters and they called for a lighter and smaller vehicle to pass terrain the larger and heavier vehicles like the Couger couldn't navigate.

I was thinking more along the lines of the irrigation ditches all over the countryside, not in the way of turning the steering wheel will roll it:

http://gocomics.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c5f3053ef01157099d2ed970b-pi

2: Thanks, I thought they had a rear door but was unable to find photos in the 3 seconds I bothered looking when I posted and assumed they didn't (Which, in hindsight would be strange for a combat vehicle to force everyone by the driver...)

3: I know of the override's they have, I was only pointing out why it may be a bad design.

4: I'll admit I don't know where I came up with that one, my understanding of the M-ATV comp was that regular MRAP's where getting bogged down in the winters and they called for a lighter and smaller vehicle to pass terrain the larger and heavier vehicles like the Couger couldn't navigate.

No worries we all make mistakes, and I figured you might be from Australia and not played with the internationals. Honestly I have heard crap about every thing, and most of it is myths. The Maxx Pro in my opinion which is limited is no worse or better then the RG series minus its high CG. I would rather drive the M-ATV as well.

Can I get these files from someone? The links on the other thread are broken.

go to arma 2 on armaholics and u can find it there.... plz tell me u can help me get this working great for arma 3

go to arma 2 on armaholics and u can find it there.... plz tell me u can help me get this working great for arma 3
I'll add it to my list of things to look at, but no promises.