Sign in to follow this  
Gunter Severloh

IFR - Iron Front Revival Mod projects Released

IFR - Iron Front Revival

ifrbannercopy.png
Our Projects thread: http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/ifriron-front-revival-mod-projects-6253251?&trail=15

What is IFR - Iron Front Revival?
IFR is a name T_Roc and I (Gunter Severloh) coined in March 2013, IFR is short for Iron front Revival our team name,
the goal of the team as in our name is to revive Iron Front/DLC and bring it back to life.
Our team consists of fans of the game and of WW2 genre, the "fans" of the team have skills in scripting, coding, modelling,
textures, skins, and many other things, together we have joined forces to better Iron front by fixing the game, and expanding it.

The members of our team can be seen listed here: http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/want-to-join-ifr-6254794

IFR working with kju has recently released the IF/Arma Conversion for Arma2Co, and Arma3.

Today IFR would like to release its personal work for the Iron front community:

Our Projects
Currently released! as of Dec 26th, 2013
Iron Front in Arma2CO & Arma3 as a mod
You can now play with Iron front in Arma2Co and in Arma3 as a mod, you can also mod and use
community mods to enhance your experience of Iron front, review this thread to get more information on how this works:
http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/iron-front-as-mod-in-arma-2-and-3-6685093
=========================
Other projects - Released! as of January 5, 2014

DownloadNew units and Weapons pack (285mb)
New Units & Weapons Patch (not needed with the new version)
Screenshots: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h2it5l8lto86cux/mjlLKFAOca
Units and weapons listed below are in the pack

Nebelwerfer 42 - (can be found under West\Wehrmacht\static\Nebelwerfer42)
Uses Artillerycomputer, no Artillery Module game logic needed, to order a nebelwerfer in your group to fire at a position,
select the unit and chooses fire at location.
Rocket flytime can be up to a minute, big spread, big dammage radius, dont get yourself killed.
Fg42
Fg42 + zf4 + bipod
Granatbuechse 39 with SS pzgr 46 + SS pzgr 61 + Sprgr30 + ammocrate
Panzerfaust 60m + ammocrate

97. Jäger Division - (97. Jäger Division, despite being a light infantry division one of the highest decorated formations of ww2.)
SS-Polizei Division - (grenadier Division build of regular policeman. Was easy to do, cause Himmler was Headhoncho of both.)

Other files
Dedicated vehicle respawn module - respawn vehicles ingame with the module
WW2 effect module - A placeable visual effect module, that tries to apply on screen original WW2 footage monochrome look.
Bombing Fix - Default "homing bomb" behavior replaced by expected way of bomb falling.
FAW AI arty module - Functional AI Artillery
HAC AI Commander module - Artificial commander module
Another Kind of Boom - Reduces blast radius of aerial bombs and HE ordnance for artillery and tank or static guns;
Instead adds shrapnel-like fragments to all explosions caused by these ammo. Amount and velocities of the fragments is dependent
on kind of explosive and randomized in certain limits each boom.
Ragnarok'44 - (New RTS mission based on Mondkalb's WOO, ported to IF with permission, Fixed, upgraded with many new features, and function)
IFWarMod - A version of WarMod based on the WarMod series for Iron Front's IF/Arma version
=================

Please note: All projects listed for download are for the IF/Arma Conversion Arma2CO version. (not tested in the Arma3 version)

Edited by Gunter Severloh
update

Congratulations, Gunter! Now finally, you guys bring it out! It's an epic event in the WW2 community of ARMA and IF.

Thank you, yes alot of work was done by the guys in IFR, they have done a wonderful job.

I have another project that I was working on myself, Im sure you guys are familiar with my WarMod series,

I have built a WarMod version for Iron Front, called IFWarMod.

You can see the release thread here:

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/ifwarmod-release-6390060

I am releasing through IFR because a few of the guys helped test, and Rydygier helped me get a feature working

for Iron front that I had in my COWarMod.

Wow, just wow.

Congratz guys to another stunning release!!

And here comes the historical- accuracy police (:p)...

Seriously, I love that release and I know (well, at least have a slight idea) of how much work you did put into that, so please don't get me wrong.

I was really digging those Jäger- units, but some of them do wear their divisional- insignia at the side of their steel- helmet.

Of course, it might be me who's wrong, but I have never seen any division- signs worn on a helmet like that before.

The standard in "Heer"- units was the german eagle on the left and a small flag- emblem showing the national heritage of the soldier on the right.

But nevertheless, genius release, thanks so much guys...

Greetz.

Edit: Yep, a short research did proof me right, as from the 17.2.1934, the helmet- insignias were standardized as stated above...

Sorry that I'm such a Grognard...;)

Edited by GottMitUns

Thank you.

Currently all links are down for download, the versions you guys have are not the latest versions, we had made a mistake on the versions

we have somehow they got mixed, so i have to reupload, and link the latest versions.

the new units and weapons have some errors and issues with them, the latest version may have some but we had created a

patch for them which fixes the issues temporarily until we get it fixed.

The current version that you guys downloaded our patch does not work with, so delete what you have and wait

for the latest version, for now all links aside IFWarMod have been removed.

was really digging those Jäger- units, but some of them do wear their divisional- insignia at the side of their steel- helmet.

Report your issues here for any bugs or problems you have same for anything historically inaccurate you think, or know may be wrong.

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/ifr-reports-6700601?pid=1281026733#post1281026733

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

Alright fellas all files fixed and updated, see first post for download.

I need some help with understanding where to put start up parimaters in steam for the mod to work properly

Hi Welcome to BIS forums,

Can you be more specific as to which mod you are trying to run?, as there is no one mod, there is the list on the first page.

All the mods IFR released are for Arma2CO, theres the IF/Arma conversion for Arma2Co and then the one for Arma3.

I can help you with the Arma2Co content, what i would recommend is use a launcher to launch the game with the mods, I use this one myself for Arma3:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19582

but it can be used to launch arma2Co mods as well.

Hi Welcome to BIS forums,

Can you be more specific as to which mod you are trying to run?, as there is no one mod, there is the list on the first page.

All the mods IFR released are for Arma2CO, theres the IF/Arma conversion for Arma2Co and then the one for Arma3.

I can help you with the Arma2Co content, what i would recommend is use a launcher to launch the game with the mods, I use this one myself for Arma3:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19582

but it can be used to launch arma2Co mods as well.

Thank u i figured out the parimater problem, but i have a new problem Im trying to play the OMAHA Beach map for the WOO mod but every time i click play it tells me that the content has been deleted. I tried installing the patches for the I44 but nothing changed. What did i do wrong.

Thank u i figured out the parimater problem, but i have a new problem Im trying to play the OMAHA Beach map for the WOO mod but every time i click play it tells me that the content has been deleted. I tried installing the patches for the I44 but nothing changed. What did i do wrong.

this is Iron front liberation 44 (IFL) not Invasion 44 (I44)

@Curtizmo23

What Simon said you have the wrong mod, this thread is for IFR projects (read first post) for Iron front Liberation 1944.

My team did create a better updated version mission using WOO for Iron front, see info for it here:

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/ragnarok44-6583317

One of the cool features we implemented is you can incarnate (play as, control) any soldier, gun, tank by clicking on it and hitting a specific button,

so the mission is not only RTS but its 1st, and 3rd as well, has alot of other features too, many more features that the original WOO dont have.

Mission comes with a pdf readme explains all the features and the controls, and what to do, any questions for the mission, use the thread linked.

I could port the mission to the DLC for Iron front which is on Omaha.

Sorry guys did not mean to anger anyone its just that some of the missions like US vs Tk dont work or the Axis Vs Allies maps dont work cause when i try to play them i get You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependant on downloadable content that has been deleted exaple Isoladicapraia. This is an error for at least 4 of them even if i have all content and i follow how to install the PBO files. But with Axis and Allies it says I44 and not IF44.

Just one more question are u guys going to add maps from IR44 with USA vs Germany and othe IF44 maps just wondering. I do like the game mod just that its annying to have half of them not work

You are obviously mixing up the 2 mods Inv44 and IF44.

If you are getting the message "You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted example Isle dicapraia " means you are missing that addon.

This has nothing to do with either mod. When it says the above message, do a search on the forums for that addon and add it using the appropriate mod folder method in arma2.

Are you combining both different mods into one mod folder? If you are you will run into severe problems. Best to only use 1 mod at a time for now until Kju and Inv44 work together to find a way to combine the 2 WW2 mods without problems.

A good place to find addons for Arma is here at Armaholic http://www.armaholic.com/

Guys, it seems, the dl- link for your "Another kind of boom"- addon has died a slow and silent death (:p)...

Could anyone maybe reupload that??? I'd really appreciate.

Greetz.

The only way to combine them is to change the units faction. That will break Every mission for Iron Front to that day. Maybe this Arma III version of Iron Front can be content only to restart it with proper blu/red/ind factions. I don't know maybe.

Guys, it seems, the dl- link for your "Another kind of boom"- addon has died a slow and silent death ()...

Could anyone maybe reupload that??? I'd really appreciate.

Fixed, you can also get the file from the MR as well as all missions and files for Iron front on the MR, link in my sig.