[aps]gnat

Fast Sea Frame - Sea Fighter - Assault Craft

Voted up tickets thanks for releasing this.

Short video (A2 version)

nice.

also *facepalm* what century are bis devs in? voted up.

Gnat;2592481']Yeh' date=' forgot to fix. Now fixed. If you exit an attack boat near or docked to the FSF, you're now placed safely on the gangway.[/quote']Thanks... does that mean that the ladder is staying though? I'm not sure what role it serves gameplay-wise once you're able to get from the docked speedboat to the gangway, unless the idea is that you can park the attack boat near the FSF (without having yet docked) and then be placed onto the ladder or be teleported atop onto the gangway.
Gnat;2592481']Yes. Accidental' date=' but I left it that way until I prove if "interior-only" lights are even possible. Are they?[/quote']I'm not sure, perhaps you could move around the memory point (?) for the light so that the light is emanated (further) away from the bridge interior? As far as interior lighting goes though, it's not like you have to move around within the bridge because it's still implemented in part like a prior games' vehicles in having static seating that the characters are locked into (with a binary get-in-/get-out state), and it's not like you have much to look at in the bridge for gameplay purposes other than if you implemented animated instruments such as course and speed indicators for the helmsman and a PiP display for the Missile Officer..
Gnat;2592481']Oops! Fixed :D
I find it interesting that the ladder P3D is separate (presumably with a proxy in one or more of the FSF's P3D LODs) yet I wonder why you didn't go the same route for the turret as well? Or would that have also played havoc with stuff like this?
Gnat;2592481']Yeh' date=' has to stay as forcing a "no-fire" arc is very difficult at best.[/quote']Have you consulted with mankyle about how that was implemented on the LCS 2's SeaRAM, or did you find that implementation not adaptable over to your own intended turret?
Gnat;2592481']Yes' date=' handy. But will be better once he gets his own PIP display.[/quote']Nice, nice... I want to reiterate though that I do appreciate this "off-boresight" (or rather, "off-axis") aiming/tracking/locking/launch capability from the default view, and I hope that the PiP will simply enable greater accuracy/range/field of view for that, though I'm guessing that the existing PiP mechanics -- i.e. no ability to zoom or unzoom the FoV/magnification from the default view, only the gunnery optics view -- mean that PiP would only add so much additional capability to the default view.
Gnat;2592481']Yeh' date=' planning to make an Action available to chopper crews (and AI) such that they can transfer from the chopper direct to crew quarters, if the FSF is on the move.[/quote']Ahhh, excellent! I'm interested in this, not least since I vaguely recall BadHabitz saying something about this sort of thing being an acceptable workaround for the Man class issues.

Some design thoughts of mine here: as far as amphibious operations gameplay goes, the FSF as implemented isn't that different from the unmodified Arma 2 LHD -- a launch/landing platform out at sea, an intermediary by which characters go from a helicopter or a boat to the shore and vice versa -- except that the FSF can be repositioned (sort... in my experience, turn rate was practically nonexistent) and includes an operable SAM turret with gunner's seat. Even with crew quarters implemented there just won't be much for infantry to do on a FSF, whether moving or stationary, other than manipulate/adjust their inventory before/after getting on or out of one of those two transport types. To some extent, that's why I'm OK with your idea for a "transfer from the chopper directly to crew quarters in the event of a moving FSF" implementation, though I wonder if such an option would also be offered for the docked speedboats as well.

Gnat;2592285']Thanks guys!

Thanks Foxhound.

I have one report of ArmA3 choppers becoming damaged on a moving ship.

This is disturbing as the main reason I decided to release this addon was because I found NO damage happened to choppers.

Please report if you see similar problem.

I had something like that happen. Though it appeared to be the missile from the launcher hit the helicopter.

I place the boat on the ocean, it spawns, the 2 boats on the lower deck explodes, crashes the ship. Story of my experience with this mod at the moment. Any help would be nice.

I place the boat on the ocean, it spawns, the 2 boats on the lower deck explodes, crashes the ship. Story of my experience with this mod at the moment. Any help would be nice.

Would probably help us and Gnat know a little bit more information so as to help you out. What other mods are you using? What does your .rpt file show pertaining any errors it may be populating? Do any errors pop up in-game? Are you placing only that one ship down on the map? Etc., etc., etc.

Just a headsup: you will need up to 3 or 4 Kh-29 ASM missiles from the Su-35 to sink this ship, it can take quite a punch, and fires its AA batteries from far away, it is really a challenging opponent ;) (gotta test to see if the AGM-84 has the same hit power or the Hornet has an advantage over it...)

Cheers

Good news (kinda) - landing on it while it's at full speed works perfectly well (after some practice, the ghosthawk doesn't always like dropping gear). the big issue i've noticed is that if the FSF brakes hard from full speed, the attached vehicles gain highly explosive properties that it then passes onto the FSF itself, maybe weakening reverse/slowdown (S) might work?

amazing work thank you for making this for arma 3... i was able to get a virtualammobox to stay on the ship deck with a few static MG gunners. Wondering if you are going to update the graphic for this ship and fix the windows and captains deck? Noticed a few fucking lighting effects on the ship

Really nice add on! Will be using this for sure in the future, can't wait to see what you can do with it... was wondering if it's possible to add a similar boat system for the small assault boats? maybe on the side of the boat?

I'm just a week new to the arma world and this is the first mod that I've downloaded and tried. Best fun way to start with mods I can say :) Althogh, I'm having the same problem with the two attack boats immideately exploding. Another issue is; I paradrop on the deck and I want my teammates to come up (they aren't as good as me to land on deck :P ) and resupply but when I order them to "mount FSF" all I get from them is a "Negative" all the time. I appreciate all the help thanks.

Hello,

Nice work ! It will be cool to add this to mission :)

Just a question: how to pilot this Sea Fighter ?

the Seafighter has a lot of potential for diver ops and so on -- is there any way to allow an SDV to dock at it instead of one of the speedboats? the potential there is huge.

Hi,

really nice mod, we would like to use this on our server. But there is server key missing, can you include it? Thanks!

unfortunatly it doesnt work with the AH-64 from Franze & Nodunit in A3 if i spawn directly onto the deck the chopper explodes (elev was set to 10,ship not moving)

if i try landing it the chopper bounces and explodes. ARMA 3 choppers are okay.

rearm and refuel option for choppers would be great, too.

maybe you can add a static (building version) of the craft :-)

Edited by Kasrkin85th

Currently Steam Workshop only supports missions, SWS mod support is WIP and not publicly accessible.

Ok, thanks for that bit of info.

In theory is it possible to use this in dynamic missions that spawn vehicles (the usual vehicle buying menu kind of thing). I assume that if a script can search the map for flat areas to spawn things then it could also search for the nearest water of a certain depth or port quay and spawn the ship there ?

EDIT: Got it fired up in the editor ...

http://files.djbarney.org/arma3%202014-03-17%2013-39-26-69.jpg (220 kB)

http://files.djbarney.org/arma3%202014-03-17%2013-39-31-39.jpg (221 kB)

http://files.djbarney.org/arma3%202014-03-17%2013-39-56-45.jpg (153 kB)

http://files.djbarney.org/arma3%202014-03-17%2013-40-44-43.png (859 kB)

http://files.djbarney.org/arma3%202014-03-17%2013-41-50-44.jpg (221 kB)

http://files.djbarney.org/arma3%202014-03-17%2013-45-07-59.jpg (236 kB)

http://files.djbarney.org/arma3%202014-03-17%2013-45-53-44.jpg (196 kB)

http://files.djbarney.org/arma3%202014-03-17%2013-47-05-54.png (735 kB)

Also tried the AI. They can take off no problem, but won't land. I tried adding the invisible helipad (side: empty, objects:signs) but it made no difference. I wonder if the definition needs putting into the vehicle itself ?

Edited by DJ_Barney

How to make AI land on top of it? I tried to tell them to 'dismount' but they won't comply. How?

AI and ships dont mix, be they on foot or in the air.

Suspect only a highly scripted solution would allow an AI chopper to land on a ship.

Try looking for scripts that allow choppers to land on buildings.

But i need help i dont know how i install it:confused: :mad: Please Help me ! :)