[aps]gnat

Fast Sea Frame - Sea Fighter - Assault Craft

Fast Sea Frame - Assault Craft

Beta 3.0 (for ArmA3)

by Gnat

4th Jan 2014

FSF_1.jpg

FSF_2.jpg

.... something a little different for ArmA3.

** Features **

- Walkable decks and gangways (@ 0 speed)

- Lights and deck landing markers

- Choppers automatically stick to moving deck

- 2 crewable Attack boats that can attach and detach

- Railings can be stepped over

- Armed turret with Titan AA

- Boarding ladders

- Cargo crew capacity

- READ README (and in Download) for more details.

- Again, NOT what I would call ArmA3 quality, but its the best at this time, and it really more of a "mobile" experiment :)

From the BI Forums, code snippets and Ship inspiration, thanks to;

Mankyle, Aplion, Make Love Not War, Chortles, SpectreRSG.

Sealife, Hatchet_AS, Kremator, Chops, gagagu & RedPhoenix

DOWNLOAD LINKS

Fast Sea Frame - Beta 3.0 - 4th Jan 14

Filefront

Placing Helicopter onto deck of FSF in Editor

- Place Chopper over deck of FSF

- In the ELEVATION field of chopper place; 10

NOTES

- MAN (and other) class do not stick to moving decks (of any vehicles) at this time. BI need to fix.

So, in exchange for me providing this addon, please take 5 minutes to VOTE UP these bug tickets.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=5577

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=15540

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=15384

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=15495

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16463

Please report bugs here, and be nice about it.

Very nice Gnat ... looking forward to piloting this baby !

All tickets voted on !

Nice work Gnat! You are one of the modders that help restore my faith that this game could still one day be what it should be, and maybe even more. All tickets voted on :)

Top release mate ... my congrats ;)

Edited by Aplion

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Great job Gnat. Voted all the tickets, you have picked up the right issues to be addressed.

Thanks guys!

Thanks Foxhound.

I have one report of ArmA3 choppers becoming damaged on a moving ship.

This is disturbing as the main reason I decided to release this addon was because I found NO damage happened to choppers.

Please report if you see similar problem.

great! I hope those physX related issues will get fixed soon! I am stuck because of similar problems in a project...I voted up the tickets.

Congrats Gnat for the release.

I m sharing the same frustration for the issues on Feedback tracker.

At least i saw some of those labeled as:"Assigned".

I want to believe this is good news.. :/

Not sure what exactly I did to merit a credit other than play cheerleader ship refinement, but thanks Gnat! :D

I must admit to wondering about three issues that didn't seem to be present in the Arma 2 version nor seem to be immediately explained (like the Man class issues) by the Arma 3 engine differences though:

1. Why the "Crew FSF" action menu options for seemingly no additional functionality over the default "Get in FSF as <role>" options?
  2. Why is it that getting out from one of the speedboats (or at least from the right-side one) instead has the player fall into the water? It appears that the ladder from the stern stairway landing/catwalk into the water and vice versa was implemented more or less as a workaround, but it's way slower than what "should" be instead happening.
  3. Is the "Lights on" action menu option supposed to light up the bridge interior like that, with no other "interior-only lighting" option?

For what it's worth, the flight deck rails are indeed "impassible" against players accidentally running themselves off of the deck at night... against quadbikes, not so much. :p Also, the FSF-specific Titan missile turret has seemingly no Geometry LOD 'against' players running into/through it, and its "360 degrees of traversing" allows the missile officer to fire AA shots through the forecastle/forward superstructure as if it weren't there. Then again, this is a 'A3/mod native' implementation instead of simply sticking a Titan (AA) static launcher to the starboard bow by attachTo that the player would then have to get into and play gunner from, so I like this better already. :D I particularly like the Missile Officer's ability to fire "off-boresight" so to speak; I know that I'm using the term improperly since that usually applies to air-launched missiles, but I mean the fact that even when you're looking through the Missile Officer's default view instead of through the "gunner optics" view, you can still move around the point of aim and shoot wherever the cursor would be pointing.

P.S. Have you collected more data re: that report of a damaged helo? I can note/add that a helicopter still seems to "share" the horizontal speed (forward or rearward) of whatever ship it's landed on, hence why "Get out" is unavailable for characters in a landed helicopter, and that setting elevation to 10 may work just fine for helicopters but not ground vehicles -- doing that with a quadbike left its tires embedded into the flight deck!

Not sure what exactly I did to merit a credit other than play cheerleader ship refinement, but thanks Gnat! :D

lol Just like this post :) Thanks.

Why the "Crew FSF" action menu options for seemingly no additional functionality over the default

Just experimenting with other ways to get into cargo spaces.

Why is it that getting out from one of the speedboats (or at least from the right-side one) instead has the player fall into the water?

Yeh, forgot to fix. Now fixed. If you exit an attack boat near or docked to the FSF, you're now placed safely on the gangway.

Is the "Lights on" action menu option supposed to light up the bridge interior like that, with no other "interior-only lighting" option?

Yes. Accidental, but I left it that way until I prove if "interior-only" lights are even possible. Are they?

FSF-specific Titan missile turret has seemingly no Geometry LOD 'against' players running into/through it

Oops! Fixed :D

... its "360 degrees of traversing" allows the missile officer to fire AA shots through the forecastle/forward superstructure as if it weren't there.

Yeh, has to stay as forcing a "no-fire" arc is very difficult at best.

... I mean the fact that even when you're looking through the Missile Officer's default view instead of through the "gunner optics" view, you can still move around the point of aim and shoot wherever the cursor would be pointing.

Yes, handy. But will be better once he gets his own PIP display.

... hence why "Get out" is unavailable for characters in a landed helicopter

Yeh, planning to make an Action available to chopper crews (and AI) such that they can transfer from the chopper direct to crew quarters, if the FSF is on the move.

Thanks.

Few extra things fixed or being fixed for the next release.